2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Announcement - Intermediates Selected!
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 29 2008, 10:07 PM
Moderation Policy Director
After much soul searching and comparing of notes, Smells and I have selected the lucky 10 Intermediates
that will go through to the next round of the MTP competition with the prize of being Mentored by Muris!

Chris and I looked at all the entries separately and then compared our findings and we were in pretty good agreement throughout.

So, without further ado, the lucky winners in no particular order are:

Enforcer fatb0t Coffeeman Wrk lcsdds

Tolek Vaialation1232 UncleSkillet Velvet Roger Ajmurrel

Congratulations guys!

We will be pairing you up with test mentorees sometime around next weekend!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 29 2008, 10:14 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice, congratulations guys biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 29 2008, 10:27 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Congratulations guys! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vaialation1232
Dec 29 2008, 10:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for selecting me, i guess i need a picture now huh!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 29 2008, 10:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is really great, thanks for selecting me (almost getting shy and stunned instantly tongue.gif). Congrats to all the others as well!

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Dec 29 2008, 10:42 PM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
enforcer
Dec 29 2008, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
Thank you, I cant describe my feelings about being selected. I'll try to be worthy of your judgement. Thanks again.

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 29 2008, 10:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´m in? Awesome! laugh.gif
At first, I was very sad because I didn´t see the 5 who are in the 2nd row. biggrin.gif But then a huge euphoria overcame me! biggrin.gif I can´t wait for my beginner student. smile.gif

I hope that the other are happy, too. smile.gif Congratulations and good luck everybody!

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Dec 29 2008, 10:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm genuinely overwhelmed. Thanks so much!

I'll try to make a more structured comment when the excitements calmed down biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Dec 29 2008, 10:49 PM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 29 2008, 11:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
WOW!! Thanks for selecting me an congratulations to the other intemediates as well. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Finally, I am feeling like I am able to do something worth while with all these hours and years of practicing other than playing to the 4 walls in my bedroom. laugh.gif laugh.gif Who knew that "guitartube" would make such a difference in my life. laugh.gif laugh.gif Thanks again!!

Monte

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 30 2008, 12:21 AM
Sweet! Congrats guys!

I'm looking forward to getting assigned to one of you and making your life hell.

I mean learning from you!!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Dec 30 2008, 12:58 AM
Learning Tone Master

Congratulations guys smile.gif This is going to be a lot of fun! We should all get in the chat at some point, be good to get to know you guys better as I'm relatively new!!

Still excited! biggrin.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 30 2008, 01:20 AM
Instructor
Congratulations guys! Can't wait to see your progress in MTP program! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 30 2008, 01:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wait a minute. What this PM I got that said I won?!?!?!??!

tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 30 2008, 01:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Congratulations to everyone. This experience has been very humbling for me and to be given this opportunity to give something back to this great community of musicians just leaves me speechless.

I don’t believe there are any losers among us whom submitted an entry even though this has been presented as a competition. A competition is good and healthy in the right context. But we are all in this together and there is a place for all of us to help and do more to make GMC even better.

Everyone needs to start getting their applications together and submit them for what ever level you feel you’re at. Don’t be afraid to reach out and apply. The worst thing that can happen in the end is you will make some great friends.

Thank you for this honor

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 30 2008, 02:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 30 2008, 01:35 AM) *
Congratulations to everyone. This experience has been very humbling for me and to be given this opportunity to give something back to this great community of musicians just leaves me speechless.

I don’t believe there are any losers among us whom submitted an entry even though this has been presented as a competition. A competition is good and healthy in the right context. But we are all in this together and there is a place for all of us to help and do more to make GMC even better.

Everyone needs to start getting their applications together and submit them for what ever level you feel you’re at. Don’t be afraid to reach out and apply. The worst thing that can happen in the end is you will make some great friends.

Thank you for this honor

Well said Skillet!! It is only a "competition" because they have to have some way of narrowing the field down but ultimately for me it is just awesome to be able to interact with people who are as passionate about guitar playing as I am. I have NEVER had any kind of musical interaction with other musicians except on this board. GMC'ers are the coolest bunch of musicians on the net without a doubt and the Instructors here are WORLD CLASS without egos!! This is just AWESOME!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte

QUOTE (jer @ Dec 30 2008, 12:21 AM) *
Sweet! Congrats guys!

I'm looking forward to getting assigned to one of you and making your life hell.

I mean learning from you!!!!

Bring it on Jer. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 30 2008, 02:10 AM
Instructor
Great work everybody. I look forward to final results of MTP for everybody smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 30 2008, 02:10 AM
Congratulations guys, I hope you will learn alot from Muris and teach well! smile.gif

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 30 2008, 02:15 AM
YAy!!!!!! sweet - thanks so much guys! Can't wait to help some peeps out and get some skills from the Master himself!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 30 2008, 02:21 AM
Instructor
Ehey,I've got myself bunch of great guys to start working with,
I'll do my best to share what I know with all of you
and eventually we'll have a good time!

Congrats fellows. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 30 2008, 02:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Dec 29 2008, 08:08 PM) *
Bring it on Jer. laugh.gif

dude..really you don't know what hell he has put me through. wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:46 AM