ARGHH!!!, Now I am pissed - hosting company
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2007, 05:48 PM
GMC Founder
Well I thought I'd share my recent frustration with you...

As mentioned erlier - the plan was to move the site to a more powerful server - designed to meet gmc:s future needs. In other words we need a better server as we get more lessons and as the site's quality and popularity increases.

Insetad it currently looks as though I have just got us a server designed for the past - a server that sucks. I have purchased a dedicated server at one of the most well-known webhosting companies (I am very close to mentioning their name...!).

Last week as we where about to move the site, we discovered thay they gave us a machine with the wrong operating system with a bandwidth worse than a dial-up connection - that's why we still haven't moved the site. This morning they had changed the server's contol panel without informing - meaning everything looked different and we (the costumers) had no idea whether the conrol panel had been hacked or if it was a weird phishing attempt.

Currently this is taking a lot of energy from me - which is why I haven't been very active in the forum. Right now I can't tell exactly when the site is going to be moved. Once again this really won't be affecting anything very much at the moment - but it is important for us to upgrade the server as we get bigger.

Anyway feels better now I have got the load of my chest - gosh I love computers and technicians...! blink.gif

Kris smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 15 2007, 09:03 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for taking all that crap for us! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 15 2007, 09:45 PM
GMC:er
Good Luck

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 16 2007, 11:13 AM
As frustrating as IT technicians usually are.. Try being one and help totally ignorant people get their PC to work!

But yea, generally hosting companies have some issues they need to resolve. Like changing stuff without notice. All I can say is, get BBB 100 mbit and get your own server biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:42 AM