2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hardcore & Metalcore
Davidian
Feb 10 2008, 01:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi GMC

I haven't seen any topics about these genres of music, so I thought I'd start one...
There's a big scene for these genres where I live, so in the exaples I'll give there will be a lot of local bands.
Click on the name of the band to go to their MySpace page. (Or to a YouTube vid, if they don't have MySpace)

Morda (Belgium)
Knuckledust (UK)
Maroon (Germany)
Madball (USA)
Rafflesia (Belgium)
No Recess (Belgium)
Parkway Drive (Australia)
Walls Of Jericho (USA)
Born From Pain (The Netherlands)
As We Fight (Denmark)
Agnostic Front (USA)
Full Blown Chaos (USA)
Your God Is Dead (Belgium)
The Setup (Belgium)

I think you should check out these bands! Ofcourse there are a lot more, but I can't think of them right now...

Tell me what you like/dislike about this music. And maybe you can add some of your own recommendations?

-Davidian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vurpa
Feb 10 2008, 01:24 PM
GMC:er
Hmm I dont recognize so many of those bands but I will sure check them out! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 11 2008, 03:44 AM
DIY scene in the 80's is the only hardcore I like. Hardcore pretty much turned into a tough guy music full of hardcore dancing wangsters.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Davidian
Feb 11 2008, 08:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yea... I don't like the hardcore dancing too.
But I mean music wise wink.gif
I very much like the riffs and rhythms they use.

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
vikingraider1
Feb 19 2008, 10:45 AM
If you're into Hardcore check out Death Before Dishonor. I went to see them in London with Hatebreed, Agnostic Front and Madball. Top night. Out of all of them I prefer Death Before Dishonor.

--------------------
My Gear
Washburn USA Custom Shop Idol, Washburn WI65 Idol, Washburn WI64 Idol, Schecter C-1 Exotic, Schecter C-1 Stealth, Washburn WI66ANC Nick Catanese Signature, 1980s Burny Les Paul, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Peavey 5150 MKI Combo, Marshall DSL 201, Morely Mark Tremonti Wah, Decimater Noise Gate, Zoom G2 1.u, Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster,
Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass, Fender Precision, Warwick Corvette 5 String

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Feb 19 2008, 03:00 PM
Locally from Luleå we have Raised Fist and Breach.
They've been pretty succesful, very energetic on stage.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Feb 19 2008, 03:58 PM
Instructor
This is a great opportunity to listen some Hardcore!! Thanks for all the links! wink.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
ficti0n
Feb 24 2008, 10:37 PM
My favorite hardcore band is "Above this fire" they are out of cleveland OH.... and they are just simply amazing!!!!

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
Mar 29 2008, 09:53 PM
I hate hardcore and metalcore with a passion. Prog metal and Black metal is where it's at

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 29 2008, 10:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Don't Forget:

Heaven Shall Burn
Caliban
Neaera
The Sorrow

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
PassionPlay
Mar 29 2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah !

As we Fight as you mentioned is a very good band (i'm from Denmark myself).

Try:

Norma Jean
Vanna
August Burns Red
Every Time i Die

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 29 2008, 10:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
Don't forget Hatesphere from Denmark!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Papakautis
Apr 7 2008, 08:54 PM
You should add Intohimo, Swedish hardcore! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Stratocaster
Line6 Spider II 75w
Picked the guitar up in June 2007

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 7 2008, 09:45 PM
The best metalcore bands out there is in my opinion, and no doubt about it, Bullet For My Valentine (Four Words To Choke Upon, Just Another Star & Tears Don't Fall) and Killswitch Engage (This Fire Burns, The End Of Heartache & My Curse)

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
PassionPlay
Apr 9 2008, 03:58 PM
Hatesphere is fantastic yeah biggrin.gif

Well do you count Bullet for my Valentine as Hardcore or Metalcore?
Some of their songs are i guess.. (4 words, room 409 etc.) but i think their style are very mixed with other genres too ..
And their newest album isn't really hardcore in my opinion smile.gif
But they are a nice live band by the way.. the kick ass wink.gif

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 12 2008, 10:51 AM
Well Wikipedia says both, so I guess there's a good mixture of it yeah. It was there old album "The Poison" I mainly ment too, there new is more like Metallica and s***, except for a hidden bonustrack called "Ashes Of The Innocent", which is their hardest screamo song so far - search it up on Youtube, it's really good!

Edit for language Smells

This post has been edited by Smells: Apr 12 2008, 04:28 PM

--------------------

Gear list:
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Apr 12 2008, 10:52 AM
I suppose I wouldn't call us metalcore or hardcore but we have few breakdown parts that are pretty heavy.
myspace.com/nowwerun

Otherwise my favourite hc bands are 36crazyfists, Boysetsfire, Bones Brigade, Misery Signals. Terror are a nice one angry gang too. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 12 2008, 10:56 AM
August Burns Red
Bury Your Dead
I Killed The Prom Queen

These are three of my favorite Hardcore bands. I will post the myspace links in order below. If you like Hardcore be sure to check these out!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...15-f3d34fbd9c37

+Quote Post
PassionPlay
Apr 12 2008, 02:59 PM
36 Crazyfists is really nice yeah ! ohmy.gif

It's kind of sad that small countries (like Denmark where i live) don't really have a Hardcore/Screamo scene, because there is not enough people who want to go to theese Hardcore shows.. so in Denmark Hardcore never gets bigger than an Underground genre

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 12 2008, 06:02 PM
The problem with metalcore around here where I live (South easth in Norway), is that I can't find anyone else that want to play it, even though I very much would like to play metalcore and hardcore since it's really funny to play - also there's impossible to find a good vocalist who can scream.

--------------------

Gear list:
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2024 - 10:34 PM