New Shred Song !
Ben Higgins
Aug 23 2014, 09:12 AM
Instructor
This is something I did with a brilliant drummer I met on Facebook. I just threw together a neo classical-esque piece for fun and we decided to go OTT with it !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 23 2014, 10:20 AM
GMC:er
YEAAAAAAAAH!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 23 2014, 10:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
man, that's freakin amazing! Fantastic drumming, that dude is playing like some sort of thunder god ohmy.gif
great playing, Ben.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 23 2014, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 23 2014, 10:52 AM) *
man, that's freakin amazing! Fantastic drumming, that dude is playing like some sort of thunder god ohmy.gif
great playing, Ben.

Yeah he's insane isn't he ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2014, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Wou!! This is a killer track! I feel that this is something completely new, it's the first time that I hear a neo classical piece where the interaction is between guitar and drums, I think that this is like Race X or Cacohpny but instead of two guitarists, the counterpoint is between drummer and guitarist. You both should definitely continue exploring this stuff because a live show could be something interesting and unique to see.

Keep on rocking!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 23 2014, 05:26 PM
wow.. great piece of music!
The video showing both - the drummer and the guitar player is really cool to watch!

you should make more of this!!!
and there are so many cool licks in there - this should go into a gmc lesson!!!

so to sum it up:
great drummer, great guitar player !
we want more!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 23 2014, 07:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 23 2014, 03:34 PM) *
Wou!! This is a killer track! I feel that this is something completely new, it's the first time that I hear a neo classical piece where the interaction is between guitar and drums, I think that this is like Race X or Cacohpny but instead of two guitarists, the counterpoint is between drummer and guitarist. You both should definitely continue exploring this stuff because a live show could be something interesting and unique to see.

Keep on rocking!!

Woah, thanks Gab - that's a cool observation smile.gif

QUOTE (wollace03 @ Aug 23 2014, 05:26 PM) *
wow.. great piece of music!
The video showing both - the drummer and the guitar player is really cool to watch!

you should make more of this!!!
and there are so many cool licks in there - this should go into a gmc lesson!!!

so to sum it up:
great drummer, great guitar player !
we want more!!

Thanks Dude, we'll have to do some more, for sure !

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 23 2014, 07:34 PM
Tone Seeker
I just have watched drummer guy's video several times. He's using his crazy creativity all over the place. Example that rhytmn change at 1:14 & 2:23.

Brilliant cool.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Aug 23 2014, 07:35 PM

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 23 2014, 08:30 PM
What have they been feeding you Benny da shredding demon! Wicked skills and an awesome drummer to back it up.

Some YouTube tips for your videos to go viral and get those hits you deserve:

1) Improvisation, you need to suck really badly then quickly built up to your epic awesome in smaller doses for people to register in their tiny brains - x2,000 more hits per day.

2) Attract negative, racist and sexist comments from low life who think they can do better and call it fake - x200,000 more hits per day.

3) Become a hot chick or just title your videos as that - x2,000,000 more hits per day.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 24 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 23 2014, 08:30 PM) *
3) Become a hot chick or just title your videos as that - x2,000,000 more hits per day.

This is the ultimate one.. this is where a lot of us are going wrong. Now, how to grow a cleavage ???? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2014, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Hey Ben! great playing, great drumming! Chapeau! biggrin.gif Gabi observed a very important thing - your collaboration with the drummer goes on at this interesting level where your phrasing comes together very tightly smile.gif I find it hard to remember all those lines at this point, as I have put myself into your position as a player biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 25 2014, 11:55 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 25 2014, 02:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2014, 11:55 AM) *
Hey Ben! great playing, great drumming! Chapeau! biggrin.gif Gabi observed a very important thing - your collaboration with the drummer goes on at this interesting level where your phrasing comes together very tightly smile.gif I find it hard to remember all those lines at this point, as I have put myself into your position as a player biggrin.gif

Yeah a drummer can hear loads of different rhythmical things that I can't hear, it's very cool to work with great drummers !

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2014, 08:02 AM
NICE!!! This is just killer all the way around. Brilliantly done guys!!!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 23 2014, 04:12 AM) *
This is something I did with a brilliant drummer I met on Facebook. I just threw together a neo classical-esque piece for fun and we decided to go OTT with it !!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 31 2014, 03:27 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
That was a sick track biggrin.gif Really dig that opening segment…

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Aug 31 2014, 07:03 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
1:12 - 1:48 is my favorite part. Really nice. Congrats on the awesome track Ben!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:37 AM