Who Bites Their Nails ?, do you bite your nails ?
Do you bite your nails
do you bite or rip off your nails ?
yes [ 7 ] ** [38.89%]
no [ 11 ] ** [61.11%]
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Stijntjen
Mar 13 2007, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
I was wondering if there where a lot of other people here that bite their nails.
I'm a real fan of it laugh.gif and i can't stop myself from doing it sad.gif
The reason why I'm asking if there are nailsbiters is actually because I want to ask if anyone else is having problems with playing the guitar due to the very short fingernails.
Recently I kinda ripped the skin underneath my middle finger from my fretting hand so when i do bends or even just fret it hurts like hell. The weird thing is that when I'm playing like half an hour the pain seems to fade (I also can't help it that I want to play guitar and the last time I had this it took more then a week :s)
So does anyone else here has had that ? And what should I do ? Stop playing for a while or just bite trough the pain and become a great guitarist because I played till my fingers bled tongue.gif ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 13 2007, 10:07 PM
GMC:er
Ha ha the same thing happened to me tongue.gif Except it was with my index finger, I went to do a bend and my finger slipped and it left a deep cut under neath my finger mad.gif It took about 4 days of not touching it and having a band aid on for it to heal. I did play through it though, even though it was painful.

I myself am not a nail biter ! ( Im a a Nail Picker rolleyes.gif )

- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 14 2007, 09:13 AM
GMC Founder
I don't like it because of the bacteria you get in your mouth - especially when considering that a fretboard isn't the cleanest place on earth... And if you like fishing like me! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 14 2007, 01:20 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 14 2007, 09:13 AM) *
I don't like it because of the bacteria you get in your mouth - especially when considering that a fretboard isn't the cleanest place on earth... And if you like fishing like me! wink.gif

Perhaps biting toe nails is a better alternative for a guitar player and fisherman?
Or someone elses nails...

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 14 2007, 01:24 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 14 2007, 01:20 PM) *
Perhaps biting toe nails is a better alternative for a guitar player and fisherman?
Or someone elses nails...

laugh.gif

Yes - provided the fisherman uses shoes! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:25 PM