2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Buying A Multi Effect
kaznie_NL
Mar 22 2009, 09:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
If I see how confused you are with all these effect, how about buy a very cheap multi-effects thingy first, like a Korg AX3G (50$ or something). It doesn't sound very good, but it has a lot of effects, then you can see what those effefcts do! After learning, you can buy a good pedal.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vampire18
Mar 22 2009, 09:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
i thought about doing it but we have very limited selection of things.. i have to go to the store and see what i have for purchasing before i make a big plan and i think thats what im going to do

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 22 2009, 05:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Mar 22 2009, 07:57 AM) *
actually for gear money is not a problem i have alredy got the money on the side for a lefty ibanez 1570 prestige(the only good guitar that comes left handed btw unless you have better offers) but i have no idea how can i get it out side the us because stores in Israel dont keep it. so the gear it already handled i just gotta find a way to get it here

can i record with the me50? it looks simple enough for me to use.

Sorry mate, but could you elaborate that first section of your post. I didn't understand what you were trying to say there?

ME50 is not a recording device, which means you cannot plug it into computer and use it as a sound card. What you can do if you have a proper sound card for recording, is connect the ME50 to line in on your card and record like that.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 22 2009, 06:46 PM
Instructor
I use a Boss GT8 pedalboard. It's cheaper than the newer model and works great.
I use it for all my lessons...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 22 2009, 07:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im totally fed up with modelling and stuff, seems i spend all my time messing with settings on modelling insyead of playing, all my stuff is on ebay tonight to make room for an old skool tube amp and some pukka boutique vintage pedals, yeah baby!

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 22 2009, 07:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (sted @ Mar 22 2009, 07:15 PM) *
Im totally fed up with modelling and stuff, seems i spend all my time messing with settings on modelling insyead of playing, all my stuff is on ebay tonight to make room for an old skool tube amp and some pukka boutique vintage pedals, yeah baby!

Agreed.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
vampire18
Mar 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 22 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Sorry mate, but could you elaborate that first section of your post. I didn't understand what you were trying to say there?

ME50 is not a recording device, which means you cannot plug it into computer and use it as a sound card. What you can do if you have a proper sound card for recording, is connect the ME50 to line in on your card and record like that.

i replied to someone who said i should buy a new guitar first before i start investing in effects and i said i have the money aside for a new guitar and my problom for getting it is that i have to order it from abroad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
29a
Mar 23 2009, 01:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Mar 22 2009, 07:57 AM) *
actually for gear money is not a problem i have alredy got the money on the side for a lefty ibanez 1570 prestige(the only good guitar that comes left handed btw unless you have better offers) but i have no idea how can i get it out side the us because stores in Israel dont keep it. so the gear it already handled i just gotta find a way to get it here

can i record with the me50? it looks simple enough for me to use.

First about your lefty guitar. Schecter makes lefty versions of most of their guitars. Including the hellraiser, which is a great metal guitar. And you should definitely get a good guitar first and then worry about effects. The guitar is the most important thing. Then the amp, and then maybe the effects.

Now about the effects. I use a BOSS GT-10. The effects are pretty good for such a multi effects unit. And compared to others it seems to have a bigger dynamic range. You can use it to record too and it has got some fancy features like an external effects loop that allows you to plug in pedals or like I do, a preamp. Probably better in terms of sound quality would be the the TC Electronics G-System. But it's also very expensive.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 24 2009, 02:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Mar 23 2009, 12:12 PM) *
i replied to someone who said i should buy a new guitar first before i start investing in effects and i said i have the money aside for a new guitar and my problom for getting it is that i have to order it from abroad.

What gear to you own currently? This will help us to see what level of gear you can get to achieve a nice balanced gear chain.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
vampire18
Mar 24 2009, 08:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
a squire lefty stratocaster and a fender front man 25r amp

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:35 PM