I Want A New Amp!, Can anybody help me to choose:)?
mhskeide
Jan 2 2009, 01:23 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi there guys

Lately I`ve grown incredible tired of my Crate VTX200S. The gain controllers barely affects the sound, the gain channel is very unclear and the crunch doesn`t kick enough ass. Enough whining. tongue.gif

What I want is a tube amp, and I`m very envious at some friends of mine which both have the ENGL Screamer 50. The price is a little stiff (12000 NOK, around 1800 $), and I don`t want to go particularly higher than this. What I don`t like so much with the Screamer, is that the lead channels shares the same EQ. I also would like the gain at the heavy channel to be more like the gain in the Powerball amp. Another thing that would be absolutely great was to have the option between low watt and regular...for instance the Mesa Boogie Express 5:25.

So please, help me and give me som advices of which amps I should check out.
Summary of my wishes (the amp must not meet every requirement)

Tube amp
tube amp with the option to change between low and regular Watt
EQ for each channel
Real heavy gain (I play much metal for instance Black label society, Dream theatre and maybe heavier)
Real asskicking lowgain (like AcDc and other 70`s hardrock bands)
Should not cost over 15000 NOK/2000 $ (estimated from norwegian prices)
Combo (I dont want to spend money and space for a cabinet as well:)

If I forgot something crucial I`ll just go ahead and edit this, but that`s the list for now.

And happy new year to every guitarplayer and musician out there smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:08 AM