8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Misterm's Bootcamp, Prepare to walk knee deep in blood of your enemy!!!
Manu RASSE
Aug 4 2019, 06:14 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Sarge

Here Mission 19

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2019, 01:49 AM
GMC:er
TOP NOTCH WORK!! Being able to do a Five Note Per String (if you include the open string) Tapping Sequence is not something every player can do. It's not your average Eddie VanHalen 3 note per string tap, it requires going to an open string in this case so muting is key. It's easy to let noise creep in but not here! Clean as a whistle! Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*TAPPING TO GLORY-This is advanced tapping. It will work on every string so try it on every string when you can! It's a great way to work on muting to try to tap this on the G string. You did a great job keeping sounding right the entire way through. You have to hit every note for it to work and you did!!

*QUIET AS DEATH-The open string is there partially to test your muting. If you don't mute well, it will ring and others will ring sympathetically. It can become a noise fest. Not here! Quiet as a church mouse.

*PULLING FOR POWER- Pull off ability is key here as well. You are not just striking, you are striking and pulling to get the next note. If your pull is weak, the next note won't be audible. Your pulling is very good and every note is clear. Welcome to Advanced Tapping Soldier!! Try to use this in a solo when possible!!! you just..

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Yet another impressive showing Soldier!! These are getting ever more difficult and you are rising to the challenge like a pro!!!
Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 4 2019, 01:14 PM) *
Thank you Sarge

Here Mission 19

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 5 2019, 01:51 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 23 2019, 09:52 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

New take, lesson starting 2016

Starting 2016

Working 2016

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 23 2019, 09:54 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2019, 06:22 AM
Nice!! That's one of my fave techniques. When I learned it was called a "Scale Inversion" but for the sake of continuity, I did a lesson on this technique for the Lessons Section called "Thirds". It also shows up in several variations in Bootcamp and even quick licks. It's a great way to make a scale more interesting and works on any scale. I use it in solos all the time!!
Todd

This is the Lesson link.https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-In-Thirds/

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 23 2019, 04:52 AM) *
Hi Todd

New take, lesson starting 2016

Starting 2016

Working 2016

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 24 2019, 06:23 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 24 2019, 05:04 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

This lesson is actually on REC Section.
My mentor Gab has give me 10/10,
I thought I would get an 8

I'm Happy ... smile.gif
I waiting grade others instructors

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 24 2019, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2019, 06:02 PM
10 wow! I"ll check it out!
QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 24 2019, 12:04 PM) *
Hi Todd

This lesson is actually on REC Section.
My mentor Gab has give me 10/10,
I thought I would get an 8

I'm Happy ... smile.gif
I waiting grade others instructors

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 20 2019, 07:11 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

I work lessons 20 and 21.

Number 21 is really amazing, I love it

I will make videos in a few days if I can or maybe later

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2019, 08:48 PM
Awesome! smile.gif Glad you like it!!! If any of the Missions is something you want to take and use to create a song/track/backing/etc. feel free to do so smile.gif I make all of this to share.

Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 20 2019, 02:11 PM) *
Hi Todd

I work lessons 20 and 21.

Number 21 is really amazing, I love it

I will make videos in a few days if I can or maybe later

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 22 2019, 04:14 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

Mission 20
I worked on the Calling elvis backingtrack.
The exercise really starts from 55 sec.

Mission 21
150 BPM with third party harmonization.
Sorry for the tone, the phaser may not be a good choice,

REC SECTION FUTUR
Also, a funk blues lesson I’d already done.
I still have some progress to make in playing as a stephane lucarelli, but I think I’ve made a good progress with it
I wait, I think I can improve it.

What do you think about it ? smile.gif

M#20 - Custom

M#21 - Third Harmonizing

Funky Blues Rythm (REC SECTION)

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 22 2019, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2019, 04:27 AM
MEDALS OF HONOR

*CONTROL- First thing Im looking for is control. If your fingers are out of control, out of synch, you will never be able to shred. The good news is your hands are talking to each other and your hand synch is getting better as you get better.

*ARTICULATION - Second I'm looking for good pick articulation. It's important to not let the pick pass too far beyond the point of the string so as to not get hung up in the strings. You are doing a good job of not letting the pick get "stuck"!

*MUTE- Last, as always, Muting. Muting is key to all of these drills. They simply can't be played properly if there are gaps in someones skill level. Good news. Your skill level is very impressive and continues to grow.

Very nice job putting it to music and making it work with a backing! As I"m always saying, music is the entire point after all. My goal is to get your hands to a place where they play as a matter of instinct.

Also, your REC take shows quite a bit of work and woodshedding. It looks good to me. I'd say go for it!
As for this one, you killed it!
you just..
LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 22 2019, 11:14 AM) *
Hi Todd

Mission 20
I worked on the Calling elvis backingtrack.
The exercise really starts from 55 sec.

Mission 21

REC SECTION FUTUR
Also, a funk blues lesson I’d already done.
I still have some progress to make in playing as a stephane lucarelli, but I think I’ve made a good progress with it
I wait, I think I can improve it.

What do you think about it ? smile.gif

M#20 - Custom

M#21 - Third Harmonizing

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 23 2019, 06:30 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank for feedback
Do you think that I can upload on REC SECTION
I don't understand "woodshedding". What do you say about it? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2019, 01:44 AM
Yes! Submit it smile.gif Woodshedding is just slang for lots of practice. We would say you have spent time in the "woodshed" just an old saying smile.gif Means time spent alone and away, focused on improving a skill.
Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 23 2019, 01:30 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Thank for feedback
Do you think that I can upload on REC SECTION
I don't understand "woodshedding". What do you say about it? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2019, 02:42 AM
21 DEBRIEF

WOW! Impressive work Soldier! Nobody yet has played this Mission at the actual speed it was written at. You are the first. It's got that shred lick at the end of the riff that is just not easy to play, and even harder to play at speed and maintain precision..
Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR
*MUTE OR DIE Right hand is firmly planted on the bridge and you are starting to articulate the pick very well with a pinch of wrist and some finger action. Score!

*PRECISION This is a very good workout for either alt picking or econ depending on how you approach it it. You adapt really well to this lick. You play it with precision and at speed.

*CONTROL No extra string noise, no unwanted notes and very even and deliberate pacing. NICE!

Impressive work Soldier. I can tell you worked long and hard on this one. It's well Earned.

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 22 2019, 11:14 AM) *
Mission 21

M#20 - Custom

M#21 - Third Harmonizing

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 24 2019, 02:43 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 24 2019, 10:56 AM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 24 2019, 12:44 AM) *
Yes! Submit it smile.gif Woodshedding is just slang for lots of practice. We would say you have spent time in the "woodshed" just an old saying smile.gif Means time spent alone and away, focused on improving a skill.
Todd

Hi Sarge

ok thank you for explain smile.gif
go REC section

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 15 2019, 02:05 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I played this mission as a legato exercise because it is one of my weak points.
I'm not a fan of the technique "right hand on the neck".

I hope it's ok for you

Also, I work modal madness : 2 string patterns
It's very hard....

I know what you think about my thumb and my wrist.
I work every day and there is no visual improvement blink.gif

Here my futur lesson for REC Section
I have a lot of work to improve it

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 15 2019, 02:21 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 15 2019, 11:03 PM
The left hand work is GREAT on 22. However, you don't have to use the over hand technique, you can just plant your hand on the bridge. This lesson is all about being able to get the pattern going using a hammer on. You are using a pick to get the pattern going which would be fine in quick licks, but this is Bootcamp. You have great legato! The hard part about this one is trying to start the pattern on each string using a hammer on instead of a pick. Viewing these I can see you've come a long way and put a lot of work in!!! For this one Mission I need you to at least try to lead with a hammer on and put the pick down.

Once more in to the breach Soldier!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 15 2019, 09:05 AM) *
Hi Sarge

I played this mission as a legato exercise because it is one of my weak points.
I'm not a fan of the technique "right hand on the neck".

I hope it's ok for you

Also, I work modal madness : 2 string patterns
It's very hard....

I know what you think about my thumb and my wrist.
I work every day and there is no visual improvement blink.gif

Here my futur lesson for REC Section
I have a lot of work to improve it

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 17 2019, 12:52 AM
Your second and third vids are quite good here. You have a very solid sense of timing. Your second vid shows very good pick control. Progress is very slow when observing one's self. However I can see some good progress going on. Don't get discouraged. It's just slow going. It's a life time journey. Learning to appreciate each step along the path is the true goal. Not reaching a given goal itself. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other smile.gif

I think your rec take is ready to go to be honest. I see you relaxing the pick hand which is perfect for this type of playing. it feels groovey and fun. I say go for it smile.gif It's always worth a rec take to get feedback. Not matter what.

Todd
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 15 2019, 06:03 PM) *
The left hand work is GREAT on 22. However, you don't have to use the over hand technique, you can just plant your hand on the bridge. This lesson is all about being able to get the pattern going using a hammer on. You are using a pick to get the pattern going which would be fine in quick licks, but this is Bootcamp. You have great legato! The hard part about this one is trying to start the pattern on each string using a hammer on instead of a pick. Viewing these I can see you've come a long way and put a lot of work in!!! For this one Mission I need you to at least try to lead with a hammer on and put the pick down.

Sarge

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 17 2019, 07:43 AM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 15 2019, 11:03 PM) *

Sarge

Hi Sarge

Ok I should try a new take as you say

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 17 2019, 12:52 AM) *
Your second and third vids are quite good here. You have a very solid sense of timing. Your second vid shows very good pick control. Progress is very slow when observing one's self. However I can see some good progress going on. Don't get discouraged. It's just slow going. It's a life time journey. Learning to appreciate each step along the path is the true goal. Not reaching a given goal itself. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other smile.gif

I think your rec take is ready to go to be honest. I see you relaxing the pick hand which is perfect for this type of playing. it feels groovey and fun. I say go for it smile.gif It's always worth a rec take to get feedback. Not matter what.

Todd

Thank you for your feedback and encouragement.

About REC Section,
I'll make a new take with better video and maybe better tone in a few days

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 17 2019, 07:46 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2019, 09:22 PM
It has been really great to see how much you have improved. Keep it going!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 17 2019, 02:43 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Ok I should try a new take as you say

Thank you for your feedback and encouragement.

About REC Section,
I'll make a new take with better video and maybe better tone in a few days

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 26 2019, 11:30 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I tried new
it's not perfect but I don't like this exercise tongue.gif

New take 140 BPM Modal madness - 2 string patterns

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 26 2019, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:15 AM