Larry Carlton - Marco Sfogli
wrk
Oct 20 2008, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi,

I'm working since a while on Marco Sfogli's version over the Larry Carlton backing track. First i only wanted to steal a few licks from his take, but i ended up to copy his complete version ... all the licks are just so cool:) .. So i missed my goal to work on improvisation, but i learned a lot of new fusion/rock licks and fingerings i never used before.

I was luck and had the complete weekend free to play guitar including today ... smile.gif, but at the end not lucky enough because i didn't manage to play everything without mistakes, so it's a cut of two versions i did today. At the moment it's the best i could do.

EDIT : new version added, see below ..

Even if it's not a final version, i hope you like it and i'm curious about some feedback .. Thanks !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by wrk: Oct 23 2008, 05:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 21 2008, 01:22 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I liked your take a lot man! smile.gif

There are some cool licks in there for sure and you played it with great energy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 21 2008, 06:20 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Did you learn that by ear? very nice work I liked it a lot.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 21 2008, 07:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks UncleSkillet and Coffeeman !!

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 21 2008, 07:20 AM) *
Did you learn that by ear? very nice work I liked it a lot.

Yes, by ear and eyes smile.gif ... the video was helping a lot to get an idea of the fingerings.

When i listen to it this morning again, i see that it's still work in progress ... kind of sloppy in some parts and the sound is horrible ... way to much chorus. Well ... anyway

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 23 2008, 05:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I had access today to an external camera, so i recorded a new take ... what difference. I'm quite happy about this take and i solved as well the sound problem i have had with the last version.

Anyway, just couldn't leave it like this, so here is a new take .. and i will buy a new camera, thats for sure .. smile.gif

[attachment=10715:LarryCarlton.avi]

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 23 2008, 05:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice andy , the sound quality and your tone are a lot better in this one. congrats man you have an awesome control and feeling I really like your playing.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Siggum
Oct 23 2008, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
Great work Andy, i love that solo too and i did really nice smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 23 2008, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
The camera made a big difference! Everything is much nicer.

Excellent work man! smile.gif

How can you play like that with the guitar bouncing on your leg because you tap your right leg to keep tempo? laugh.gif

I tap with my left.

Cheers

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 24 2008, 12:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks coffeeman and Siggum !!

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 24 2008, 12:50 AM) *
The camera made a big difference! Everything is much nicer.

Excellent work man! smile.gif

How can you play like that with the guitar bouncing on your leg because you tap your right leg to keep tempo? laugh.gif

I tap with my left.

Cheers

Yes, the bouncing leg .. bad habit i guess smile.gif
My neighbour from downstairs rings regular on my door ... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 20 2008, 08:53 AM
Instructor
Beautiful tone Andy !

I think just a bit work on faster parts with phrasing and slight touch on bending , and this will be amazing!

I am quite surprised by the level of your playing. Keep it up man ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2008, 05:26 PM
Instructor
Just listened to it, sounds great man, lots of cool licks! You really got into the vibe on this one mate. There are some weak notes here and there but I think you did a great job. Well done ! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:27 PM