Just My Luck....
rokchik
May 30 2011, 03:20 PM
The Dark Canuck
So I have been on a bit of a Rush kick the last few weeks.

Seeing as I grew up in the 80's and they were kind of in their Synthesizer phase I was never a huge fan. However I began listening to them, I mean really listening to them, after I picked up the guitar and could have kicked myself in the butt for not appreciating them sooner. Peart is just an amazing drummer, Lifeson is a genius and Geddy Lee is well Geddy Lee smile.gif I think with Rush you either love them or you don't and well I love them. I watched Beyond the Lighted Stage about two weeks ago and have been on my Rush kick ever since.

What is funny about this, and a little depressing too I might add, is the timing....

Now I can't go into many particulars about my job but I will say I do get to meet the odd celebrity. This morning I got a text from a co-worker... THEY WERE JUST AFTER MEETING RUSH!!!! I switched shifts today with a colleague so I WOULD have met RUSH!! Shoulda, woulda coulda sad.gif I am a little upset now LOL!! But they said they were the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I met Lifeson in Halifax, NS a few years ago and I can vouch for the fact that he is a very nice guy. But would have loved to have met all three...

Moral of the story... no more switching shifts LOL!!

Any other Rush fans here? Any stories of meeting bands... or not meeting bands LOL!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
May 30 2011, 06:33 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm a huge Rush fan. Not only do the absolutely rock, but their songwriting is deep and meaningful. I got into them too a long time ago when the Moving Pictures album came out. I saw them on that tour, and was blown away. Later on my band did renditions of Limelight, Fly by Night, and Spirit of the Radio. Yeahhh! I would like to see them again on their next tour cause I hear they still kick but on stage.

It's really cool that you got to meet them. I read that Alex switched back to Les Pauls from PRSs recently when they designed his own Les Paul. It's a cool guitar with lots of switching options , improved ergonomics (without messing with its classic look) and a Floyd Rose.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JamesT: May 30 2011, 06:37 PM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 30 2011, 09:20 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (JamesT @ May 30 2011, 02:33 PM) *
I'm a huge Rush fan. Not only do the absolutely rock, but their songwriting is deep and meaningful. I got into them too a long time ago when the Moving Pictures album came out. I saw them on that tour, and was blown away. Later on my band did renditions of Limelight, Fly by Night, and Spirit of the Radio. Yeahhh! I would like to see them again on their next tour cause I hear they still kick but on stage.

It's really cool that you got to meet them. I read that Alex switched back to Les Pauls from PRSs recently when they designed his own Les Paul. It's a cool guitar with lots of switching options , improved ergonomics (without messing with its classic look) and a Floyd Rose.

Yes I read he switched back as well.

Have you seen the documentary " Beyond the Lighted Stage"? It is definitely worth a watch. Real insight into the band and makes you kind of appreciate them even more. Peart is just a genius when it comes to writing lyrics and you are right when you say they are deep and meaningful. A band that certainly doesn't get enough kudos.

rok

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:25 AM