9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
The Big Gmc Collab!, Everyone is invited
MigeZ
Sep 6 2010, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
Schoolwork (essays and stuff) are taking all of my free time atm but I'll give it a shot if I have time smile.gif Kris which parts should I use (the parts not used by other ppl yet or something cuz I can't really compete with masters biggrin.gifD) I mean like part 1.25-2.23 (numbers are totally random biggrin.gif)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Sep 6 2010, 07:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Sep 3 2010, 12:43 AM) *
here's mine huh.gif

What on Earth have you been eating man ?! Argentinian gunpowder?! That was AWESOME biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 6 2010, 09:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Sep 6 2010, 07:51 PM) *
What on Earth have you been eating man ?! Argentinian gunpowder?! That was AWESOME biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

hehehe, yes it was!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 7 2010, 01:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Kris,

I recorded another take today (audio only), I hope you can use parts of it! Looking forward for the final mix.

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Jitty
Sep 8 2010, 11:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well, inspired by Gitarrero's bravery I decided to record a take today. My better guitar is in the shop now and I'm going to get it back soon and record another take with that one, because the guitar I used goes out of tune really easily and I think it went out of tune in the take. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't left out of this one.

I used the ending section in my solo because I haven't heard anybody else use it, but if Kris has a big finale planned I can do a new solo in a different spot, no big deal.

Please give me some feedback so I can change it and do another better take!
Attached File  Big_GMC_Collab.mov ( 25.8MB ) Number of downloads: 299

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 8 2010, 04:29 PM
Beginner Instructor
Gonna take a shot at it sometime soon, I'm hoping.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2010, 12:22 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Jitty @ Sep 8 2010, 12:03 PM) *
Well, inspired by Gitarrero's bravery I decided to record a take today. My better guitar is in the shop now and I'm going to get it back soon and record another take with that one, because the guitar I used goes out of tune really easily and I think it went out of tune in the take. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't left out of this one.

I used the ending section in my solo because I haven't heard anybody else use it, but if Kris has a big finale planned I can do a new solo in a different spot, no big deal.

Please give me some feedback so I can change it and do another better take!
Attached File  Big_GMC_Collab.mov ( 25.8MB ) Number of downloads: 299

Excellent! One could tell you had a melodic "red thread" through out this take. The only place I felt you were into too deep was at 00:08. The arpeggio idea is really cool - but it's not played convincingly.

Please send me the guitar only file so I can experiment with your take! You can either send it as it is (and I will see if I can find a work around for the 08 spot - ie by cutting in someone else there) or record again.

All in all we should be able to use your take, though! ( But I cant tell 100% until I have got your file though)

TO EVERYONE - WHAT WE NEED:

We need more takes over the polka section. Give it a shot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 9 2010, 05:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 2 2010, 02:33 PM) *
I was really busy this month with gigs and everything, but I managed to work on a short take. Didn't have a clear idea on what to play, so I hope this short improvisation will be cool. I must confess it was hard for me to play over the whole track cause the chords changed in a very strange way, so I've chosen the "easiest" part for me smile.gif The country part is great tho, but just didn't quite managed to play and blend all the parts effectively in the solo.

wow ivan, looks like you improved your playing a LOT to me, i love your playing man!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Jitty
Sep 9 2010, 07:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 9 2010, 11:22 AM) *
Excellent! One could tell you had a melodic "red thread" through out this take. The only place I felt you were into too deep was at 00:08. The arpeggio idea is really cool - but it's not played convincingly.

Please send me the guitar only file so I can experiment with your take! You can either send it as it is (and I will see if I can find a work around for the 08 spot - ie by cutting in someone else there) or record again.

All in all we should be able to use your take, though! ( But I cant tell 100% until I have got your file though)

TO EVERYONE - WHAT WE NEED:

We need more takes over the polka section. Give it a shot!

Thanks Kris for the feedback. Is this take better?
Attached File  GMC_Big_Collab_Final.mov ( 24.45MB ) Number of downloads: 190

Attached File  GMC_Big_Collab_No_BT.mp3 ( 702.78K ) Number of downloads: 229

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 10 2010, 06:35 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I have a beginning few seconds composed but yet to be recorded. If its the Polka you are refering to, that would be great. I think you can use it at the later part as well right?

I will tune up my guitar and see if I can post it tomorrow.

Thanks.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 11 2010, 03:59 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay, I am too throwing my ideas out there.. Let me know if it can make to the finals so I can record it again. smile.gif

This post has been edited by maharzan: Sep 11 2010, 04:46 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  brutal_maharzan.mp3 ( 618.81K ) Number of downloads: 283
Attached File  brutal_maharzan_dry.mp3 ( 618.81K ) Number of downloads: 203

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 11 2010, 02:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 2 2010, 11:30 PM) *
Love it smile.gif The intro is almost like a Mario Brothers game then gets really Evil. Well done!

Todd

thanks a lot man! liked yours too wink.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 3 2010, 08:03 AM) *
Excellent Lian - this was perfect, I liked everything about it. The polka melody was spot on. Also The singing will provide a very cool and needed contrast to all the guitar work. Also I love the fact that there is both growling and clean in there - definitely my favorite type of singing! biggrin.gif Awesome!

Please send me the guitars-vocals-only file!

PS What lyrics do you sing? (I might have some on screen text in the coming video

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I was completely sure that my waws had been uploaded... sorry. rolleyes.gif

lyrics are totally scientific and tells a deep story about cosmos and astrology.
no, kidding!!! I just say:
Can I play guitar on a steroid?
on the moon... even best!

as you can see, as a writer I'm a great guitar player laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Sep 6 2010, 03:51 PM) *

hahahaha!

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 6 2010, 05:59 PM) *
hehehe, yes it was!

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Sep 11 2010, 04:35 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino__Big_Collab_NO_bt.mp3 ( 3.66MB ) Number of downloads: 234
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino__Big_Collab_NO_bt_VOCALS.mp3 ( 3.66MB ) Number of downloads: 232

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 12 2010, 10:14 PM
GMC Founder
Ok I have done quite some progress on the mix this evening. My ears and brain are much to tired to post anything now (I think it sounds great right now but there is a risk I wake up tomorrow and think the opposite..!)

QUOTE (maharzan @ Sep 11 2010, 04:59 AM) *
Okay, I am too throwing my ideas out there.. Let me know if it can make to the finals so I can record it again. smile.gif

I really liked this take, very interesting melody and groove. I will do my best to fit it in - watch this space!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 13 2010, 04:17 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Great.. Thanks Kris. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 13 2010, 05:27 AM
Beginner Instructor
I hope its not too late for me!

I did a few takes over the backing track and here's my favorite one. I feel like my best stuff is over the polka part, so I hope that you can fit me in as well, Kris. If not, its all good.

PS: I soloed over the majority of the track, so feel free to pick and choose whichever part you like best!

This post has been edited by Bear Rose: Sep 13 2010, 12:43 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Bear_Rose_Big_GMC_Collab_no_BT.mp3 ( 4.87MB ) Number of downloads: 248
Attached File  Bear_Rose_Big_GMC_Collab_with_BT.mp3 ( 4.87MB ) Number of downloads: 224

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 13 2010, 09:23 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the files Bear!

*** This collab is now approaching closure! ***

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 14 2010, 08:46 PM
GMC Founder
THIS COLLAB IS NOW CLOSED!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 15 2010, 12:29 AM
Instructor
ok, kris,sould I upload the video here?

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 15 2010, 12:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Sep 13 2010, 05:27 AM) *
I hope its not too late for me!

I did a few takes over the backing track and here's my favorite one. I feel like my best stuff is over the polka part, so I hope that you can fit me in as well, Kris. If not, its all good.

PS: I soloed over the majority of the track, so feel free to pick and choose whichever part you like best!

some cool ideas in there!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2010, 02:12 AM
GMC:er
These takes have been very cool smile.gif I think I'm going to try the Polka part again.

Todd

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:18 PM