Anybody Using Kontakt Libraries?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2019, 10:57 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I'm getting into Kontakt and I'm noticing that there is a sea of libraries. Is anybody using them? Which ones do you recommend?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 19 2019, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
I Love the Kontact Libraries smile.gif I bought the combo pack a few years ago and I still use it. There are tones of others of course, but the core structure, the Kontact player itself, is just a framework so new pieces are being released for it all the time.

It's also being used by third parties all the time to create plugins since the framework is already there. GET GOOD DRUMS is just one example. Since the framework is there, there is no need to re invent the wheel. Which is why so many people release Kontact compatible instruments.

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 18 2019, 05:57 PM) *
Hey guys! I'm getting into Kontakt and I'm noticing that there is a sea of libraries. Is anybody using them? Which ones do you recommend?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2019, 06:51 AM
GMC Founder
No I have always been a bit disortiented about libraries like this.

I only bought "Sample Tank" back in the days - and I just reactivated it to get some new sounds for my synth guitar. Not sure how it compares to modern libraries though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2019, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 18 2019, 09:29 PM) *
I Love the Kontact Libraries smile.gif I bought the combo pack a few years ago and I still use it. There are tones of others of course, but the core structure, the Kontact player itself, is just a framework so new pieces are being released for it all the time.

It's also being used by third parties all the time to create plugins since the framework is already there. GET GOOD DRUMS is just one example. Since the framework is there, there is no need to re invent the wheel. Which is why so many people release Kontact compatible instruments.

Todd

That's interesting! I'll explore Geet Good Drums and others. I always get inspired by trying new stuff. I've bought Cubase 9.5 last year and it has been a great invest in Inspiration. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 20 2019, 02:51 AM) *
No I have always been a bit disortiented about libraries like this.

I only bought "Sample Tank" back in the days - and I just reactivated it to get some new sounds for my synth guitar. Not sure how it compares to modern libraries though.

These libraries work as VST instruments but you have lots of top level libraries out there for everything you need. However, it only makes sense if you really need to use them for specific uses.

I'm really enjoying this one:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2019, 06:03 AM
GMC:er
I have the mutations library and it's great for making rough versions of soundtrack and game music. Just to set a vibe.
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 21 2019, 11:49 AM) *
That's interesting! I'll explore Geet Good Drums and others. I always get inspired by trying new stuff. I've bought Cubase 9.5 last year and it has been a great invest in Inspiration. biggrin.gif

These libraries work as VST instruments but you have lots of top level libraries out there for everything you need. However, it only makes sense if you really need to use them for specific uses.

I'm really enjoying this one:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:56 AM