so again
im playing metal rock
nightwish
children
metalica
guns
dimu
cradle

anything from 400-600 $ its ok,have to be from samash store.
my correct guitar is beheringer el toro,that why im easly impress,almost every pick would be better,and i want to hear more opinions.

last guitar help topic youl see from me biggrin.gif
pls help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bamba23: Oct 5 2008, 07:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 5 2008, 07:13 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
If a floating bridge does not bother you, I would suggest a DK2 in that price range. Versatile guitar smile.gif

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA181328

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bamba23
Oct 5 2008, 07:15 PM
GMC:er
what floating bridge means?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 5 2008, 07:18 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I've heard the qiote opposite, that LTD plays very well and meets good value for the money. Made in Korea I belive.

No tremolo doesn't have to be a cons on a guitar in this price ragne I belive. To be honest, I'd prefer to not have it in a cheaper kind of guitar since a low quality tremolo can both steal tone and have difficulties keeping tone.

+Quote Post
bamba23
Oct 5 2008, 07:20 PM
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA182593

RGR320EX

the wahwah kinda important to me,im using it alot,no cash for pedal one.
i can survive without,but the wahwah is a big +
id love some guitar opnions...

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 5 2008, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Oct 5 2008, 02:15 PM) *

It's a bridge that allows you to bend in both directions ( toward the neck/away from the neck) Some bridges only allow you to bend toward the neck such as the one's on a fender. Couple of examples are Floyd Rose and the Edge Pro that Ibanez uses.

Guitars with this style bridge are a little harder to re-string and tune until you get used to the process.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 5 2008, 07:28 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Oct 5 2008, 08:20 PM) *
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA182593

RGR320EX

the wahwah kinda important to me,im using it alot,no cash for pedal one.
i can survive without,but the wahwah is a big +
id love some guitar opnions...

Then I recommend you get a guitar with a high quality tremolo, meaning more $$$. I've got a RG320 Ibanez and the floating trem blows. It was ok up to about when warranty ran out, then the knife edges (see floating trem ^) were damaged. Sure, it can be repaird but what's the guaratee that with low quality goods it will not happen soon again.
So my advice, spend some extra if you can - to get good quality.

+Quote Post
erik
Oct 5 2008, 07:29 PM
It might be that I was just lucky, but my LTD feels REALLY good playing. I got an LTD EX-50 (the cheapest LTD explorer!!) and still it feels great. I did change the pickups to a set of EMGs (LTD pickups suck), but the guitar itself is really good. I have played many guitars, such as expensive dean guitars, high end ESPs and Gibsons, but still I think my guitar plays very well.

So concidering I have fallen in love with the cheapest LTD explorer, the EX400, which is one of the most expensive ones, is probably a great guitar.

I say go for it smile.gif

This post has been edited by erik: Oct 5 2008, 07:30 PM

+Quote Post
bamba23
Oct 5 2008, 07:36 PM
cant afford more extra

and the ex400 come with EMG pickups.
erik ty for ur opnion

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 5 2008, 07:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Go for the LTD! It has a great mahagony body, metal pickups, it's crafted great and it plays very good. It's perfect for the music you play and you get a lot for your money.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
bamba23
Oct 5 2008, 07:48 PM
ty that opinion really help me biggrin.gif
i think im gona go with the ltd
unless somone say some really bad things haha

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 5 2008, 08:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
There is nothing bad about this guitar, you get a pretty bang for the buck. They used mahagony for the body so it's sounds very heavy, they built in the best humbuckers EMG has to offer, the hardware (bridge, tuners...) is very solid and keeps the tuning, the neck was glued in so the guitar has a lot of sustain, the neck is not too thick (thinner than a les Paul) and also not too thin (thicker than on an Ibanez Guitar).

Try to get you father to pay for a case for the guitar so it's easier for him to transport it^^ and it won't be damage on it's way home.

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
bamba23
Oct 5 2008, 08:07 PM
could anyone find me a case for this guitar?
i tried but i didnt find at sam ash.
btw how much a case shud cost

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Oct 5 2008, 08:07 PM) *
could anyone find me a case for this guitar?
i tried but i didnt find at sam ash.
btw how much a case shud cost

They don't come cheap. It depends whether you want an ESP case or a no name case and whether you want a hard or soft case. Soft case for ESP your looking probs around 60-90 UK pounds ($120-$180) and a hard case around £120 so ($240)

If you live in America those dollar values will be less. So likely $90 for soft and $140 for hard case.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 5 2008, 08:34 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 5 2008, 08:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
You can only buy at samash right?
They have an only explorer case that says it's for Epiphone explorers but I am sure yours will fit too
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA-10001

This one is more expensive but it is for explorer and flying V guitars also and it looks like a coffin too^^

I think it would be best when your father asks the guys at the store for a case when he buys your guitar. They will show them the ones they have in stock.

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 5 2008, 08:48 PM) *
You can only buy at samash right?
They have an only explorer case that says it's for Epiphone explorers but I am sure yours will fit too

This one is more expensive but it is for explorer and flying V guitars also and it looks like a coffin too^^

I think it would be best when your father asks the guys at the store for a case when he buys your guitar. They will show them the ones they have in stock.

Gibson explorers tend to be bigger though don't they so the ESP LTD would shake around in the case. It isn't ideal and can damage the guitar.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
kjutte
Oct 6 2008, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Oct 5 2008, 08:15 PM) *

Means that the string tension affects the spring tension.
You gotta keep the bridge balanced and paralell with the body.

I emphasize that a newbie should NOT buy a guitar with a tremolo bar at all.

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 6 2008, 03:14 AM
Instructor
I think the same, avoid tremolos if you are a new to guitar, it is simpler. Do you like the les paul shape or the strat shape?

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
bamba23
Oct 6 2008, 05:53 AM
im almost playing for a year.
hate the les paul
i dont LOVE the start,but shes ok happy.gif

so what about the case?

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 6 2008, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Well, what I call strat shape is any models that I believe derived from the strat, Ibanez RG, Jackson Soloist, they are not exactly strats they have longer horns, and no pickguard but they are based on the strat. I like these more than the single cutaway Les Paul type guitars.

I would go for the LTD, the problem is that you won't be there to play it and see if you really like it, I have played some LTD's that I really didn't like and others that I loved.

What is the question about the case?

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:09 PM