Hairband?
D-loader
Mar 16 2008, 03:48 PM
GMC:er
Hey Muris.

I'd actually have liked to ask Trond this question, but since I couldn't find his instructor board, I'd ask you instead laugh.gif sorry if its already been asked before..

I've noticed that sometimes, the guitarist has a hairband mounted around the neck of the guitar.. why is that? The only logical explaination I can come up with, would be something like automatic palm-muting effect, but I'm not sure?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 16 2008, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Muris doesnt seem to be around, so i'm taking the liberty of answering in his thread smile.gif

It helps with removing string noise when playing solos etc.
It's quite useful when you want your recordings to be as clean as possible.
When it's placed behind it doesnt have any effect, but I just keep it on and ready because it was a hassle getting it over the fat headstock in the first place smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 16 2008, 04:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
First of all, sorry Muris for keeping hijacking your forum/thread, but as there is no Trond forum yet... I'm sure you won't mind smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing!, I've been practicing your Rythm lesson lately and was watching that hairband there, trying to understand its purpose smile.gif

I was also wondering what settings/gear you use to get your tone Trond.
Glad you explained it, and great lesson, keep them coming smile.gif

(And you too Muris!, I've actually been practicing your "Beginner solo in D" along with Trond's "Rythm exercise")

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 16 2008, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Yeah,that's called dampener. smile.gif

There's a thread about it in this board as well,check it out.
Biggest benefit from it is when you wanna do some 2 handed tapping
and your right hand isn't in a position to do proper muting.

And as for my rhythm lesson...I left it there without purpose actually,forgot about it. laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 16 2008, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 16 2008, 04:24 PM) *
First of all, sorry Muris for keeping hijacking your forum/thread, but as there is no Trond forum yet... I'm sure you won't mind smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing!, I've been practicing your Rythm lesson lately and was watching that hairband there, trying to understand its purpose smile.gif

I was also wondering what settings/gear you use to get your tone Trond.
Glad you explained it, and great lesson, keep them coming smile.gif

(And you too Muris!, I've actually been practicing your "Beginner solo in D" along with Trond's "Rythm exercise")

Glad you like the lessons biggrin.gif

I have a really simple setup to get my tone.
For the rhythm sound, I use a Marshall JMP-1 preamp and plug it directly into the soundcard of my pc.
For solo sounds i switch over to a BOSS GT-8 board that is connected through FX-loop on the preamp.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
D-loader
Mar 16 2008, 07:39 PM
GMC:er
first I thought it was a decorated capo! laugh.gif Thanks for answering my question, I'll check out the topic about dampeners.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 16 2008, 07:56 PM
Instructor
No worries,it confused many,not just you laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:16 AM