3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What Album Have You Re-disovered Lately
Phil66
Feb 20 2021, 03:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Had my iPod on random shuffle across everything recently, re-disovered a lot of stuff and many tracks that I couldn't even remember or maybe hadn't even played.

One track came on that I instantly remembered and I have played the album a few times in the last few days. The track that prompted it was Are Friend Electric, The band Tubeway Army, the album Replicas.

In general I'm not a lover of electronic music but this album is a classic.

Maybe people could post their re-disovered albums or just tracks here and keep the What You're Listening To Now thread for new music.

What do you all think? If you'd rather just keep the What You're Listening To Now thread, just say and I'll post this album in there and we can let this drop off the list wink.gif

https://youtu.be/gb66ZMHlixQ?list=PLL1ZJvW8...nzpEge2hOkW1zuy

Stay safe folks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 20 2021, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not exactly an old album, and one that was never really released due to a multitude of things, but I keep forgetting how much I like this one:

I come back to it once in a while. I don't think I have any old albums that I haven't heard in a long, long time that I've recently re-discovered, but maybe it's time to relisten to Apostrophe by Frank Zappa.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 20 2021, 05:04 PM
Doesn't really need to be old, even if you'd not played it for a few months but something triggered your memory about it. Could be a TV advert, a radio jingle anything as long as it's made you re-discover something that you forgot was good to your ears cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 20 2021, 06:22 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgdee84C7Q...sES8ZBd0Ar6thUa

Link to a double album from Coheed and Cambria

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 20 2021, 06:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 20 2021, 07:22 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgdee84C7Q...sES8ZBd0Ar6thUa

Link to a double album from Coheed and Cambria

I found one of their albums in a second hand shop here in Denmark once, but I only listened to it once. I of course heard a few songs here and there, but I never got into them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2021, 12:56 AM
That was amazing. Thanks for sharing. Evidently they raised $30,000 in gofundme money and then the band just sorta stopped? They did make one vid evidently. it's too bad as they are pretty freaking spiff imho.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 20 2021, 11:46 AM) *
Not exactly an old album, and one that was never really released due to a multitude of things, but I keep forgetting how much I like this one:

I come back to it once in a while. I don't think I have any old albums that I haven't heard in a long, long time that I've recently re-discovered, but maybe it's time to relisten to Apostrophe by Frank Zappa.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 21 2021, 12:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 21 2021, 01:56 AM) *
That was amazing. Thanks for sharing. Evidently they raised $30,000 in gofundme money and then the band just sorta stopped? They did make one vid evidently. it's too bad as they are pretty freaking spiff imho.

They made this video as well, probably same ish session:

They raised a lot of money for their album (the one I posted), but never released it. They disappeared for some years, and the story now is that one of their band members, who had some of the parts for the album, kinda went into some mental health problems. They decided to release what they had of the album on Soundcloud in 2020 and some people re-mastered it using Landr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2021, 05:59 PM
Yeah, evidently they raised $30,000!!!! Then just went away with the money which really irritated some fans. I think they finally gave everyone a link to download the record. It's too bad they fell apart as this is some pretty darn incredible music.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 20 2021, 07:59 PM) *
They made this video as well, probably same ish session:

They raised a lot of money for their album (the one I posted), but never released it. They disappeared for some years, and the story now is that one of their band members, who had some of the parts for the album, kinda went into some mental health problems. They decided to release what they had of the album on Soundcloud in 2020 and some people re-mastered it using Landr.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2021, 09:48 AM
Another one re-introduced to me via shuffle play.

I don't think it went down as well as the other albums but I love it.

https://youtu.be/nTeB7qYknjs?list=PLcko3OE8...ZNE1KeRiWmuOFvV

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2021, 01:13 AM
Since I moved to Florida I've been listening to some of the vintage Death Metal that came out of the TAMPA Death Metal scene. One of the seminal bands of the genre is of course, DEATH, from the Tampa scene. Here is a track from their 1995 opus SYMBOLIC done by a very spiff gal who does it justice indeed.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 28 2021, 01:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
This superb death metal album!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2021, 03:39 AM
Good one!!! It reminded me of one of my all time faves in bits. This album, like most here was before technology took over. All of the guitar tones are from actual amps/cabs. One of the lead players (Michael Amott) went off to form ARCH ENEMY of course. The metal sculpture on the cover was done by none other than H.R. Giger (Alien) himself. It's about as Metal as it gets.

Carcass Heartwork

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 27 2021, 08:50 PM) *
This superb death metal album!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 12 2021, 09:24 PM
Driving to work today, iPod on shuffle, suddenly HOLE IN THE SKY came on, WOW, it had to be cranked up, on the way home later on, the whole album had to be played.

I think this is my favourite Sabbath album, the acoustic part/ending of Symptom Of The Universe is incredible and when the power section starts in Megalomania it's pure Sabbath riffology.

I have to say, I prefer the rawness of the non-re-mastered version though, can't really tell on YouTube but if you can get an original vinyl copy DO IT! if not, then the original CD release, pure raw power.

https://youtu.be/-ts1z_XAOYs

Stay safe people.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2021, 09:56 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2021, 10:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 12 2021, 09:56 PM) *

That's a good one! I like the Bilo ones too and also one of his other band projects called Destiny Potato.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 17 2021, 08:23 AM
I played this to death when it came out, the mighty Dan Huff, love the intro solo.

https://youtu.be/03D-YxmXSNQ?list=PLA2-nXsH...bUJpfw28X2ORJCe

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2021, 02:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 12 2021, 06:28 PM) *
That's a good one! I like the Bilo ones too and also one of his other band projects called Destiny Potato.

Yeah! He is very creative.

Two cool vids from his channel:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 17 2021, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Gabriel. I will check the videos out tonight smile.gif Inspiration Harvesting seems interesting if it's about finding inspiration!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 21 2021, 01:40 AM
Not really an album per say.
But I used to listen to this dude a lot back in the day.

Randomly got it in my recommends, nostalgic trip cool.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 21 2021, 09:19 PM
iPod shuffle is a great way to get re-introduced to your toons cool.gif

https://youtu.be/d4ZLt-lWRms

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:26 PM