Canon Rock (again), my 2nd take
somecrazyguy09
Mar 21 2008, 07:55 AM
GMC:er

Attached File  canon_rock_original.mp3 ( 5.06MB ) Number of downloads: 366

ok i got a few comments on my first take about the phaser effect and that it felt rushed and that it was missing pieces so i went ahead and did another take but this time at original temp and the orignal backing with no parts cut out. hopefully you can hear me a bit better so fell free to give me some more feedback. cheers smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 21 2008, 11:35 AM
somecrazyguy.. that's somecrazysh** smile.gif

Really great job man! really enjoyd the improvised bits, and you just nailed it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
silentkap
Mar 21 2008, 11:43 AM
i like it, how long did it take to learn this song ?

--------------------
i go where the guitar takes me

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 21 2008, 11:50 AM
Your playing and improv are good, but the quality of the recording is terrible....

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 21 2008, 12:26 PM
Instructor
It is nice, but I can hear the buzzing noise from the guitar, that should really not be heard. Try to put some gate or roll off the volume when you are not playing.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 21 2008, 03:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is a definitly better version wink.gif You playing it very good! Much better without a phaser! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 21 2008, 06:43 PM
Instructor
I like this one alot better. Still some minor flaws and bum notes here and there.. but it's not the easiest song to play either smile.gif
All in all, good stuff.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 21 2008, 06:43 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
edguy
Mar 21 2008, 10:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey
This was very good i wish i could play this song.
I have the same question like silentkap how long did you practice this song?

Greetz Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 21 2008, 11:06 PM
wow ur really good. nice harmonics! happy.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 21 2008, 11:26 PM
i listened twice. yes, better. it was nice. most would be impressed. especially with the backing track giving support. That is one busy backing track as we both know, some people on youtube would claim guys are not even playing, the backing track is so busy, it even has lead in it.

But I know this song in my sleep, I can hear you, some nice elements to your play. And if you keep at it, you will be a very good guitarist I am sure.

Now the bad news.

Same as last time. Weak on sweeps, and you skipped all the 16th note runs, and 16th note 8-note sweep run. You really have to do more with your sweep before the first "wedding part". You need to put a full 5 string sweep in there. I don't do that exactly like JerryC, what he does is ridiculous, I don't think it is humanly possible to play that as he tabbed it, and play it clean. He certainly did not. And Funtwo came up with his own. But you really can't get by with a thin 3 string sweep there.

Oh, good to hear some harmonics. I would put more of them in, and work on making them stand out. Making them squeal more.

Biggest thing was bypassing all the 16th note parts, the hard parts. And the hard tapping part from the 1st to 5th string. That is not really all that hard, once you get a handle on the rhythm.

Toughest parts are the 8-note 16th note sweep run, and the AP preceding it. Even though that AP run is 8th note triplets, I consider it harder than the final 16th note AP run.

Bottom line, it was nice for your general public, but we are not that here. I think people should be very critical here. Oh, if someone is really thin skinned, I would not even bother with them. But based on your comeback, I am sure you have intestinal fortitude.

edit: oh, make your harmonics stronger. listen to this guy, great harmonics. I play this pretty well I think, it is not as hard as Canon Rock. Nobody but the cats and dog hear my Canon Rock, and I have been working on it for a year. You just cannot play that song as tabbed well until your level is pretty high, I am not there yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7ICC2D_8K8

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 21 2008, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post
adam1302
Mar 26 2008, 09:33 AM
thats crazy loved it

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 20 2008, 07:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm trying it now, but it's realy the riffs are prety hard to get. You did those riffs very very nice!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Apr 20 2008, 07:06 PM
Really nice playing mate, and I mean really nice, like the improvs.... smile.gif

Great job

Edit:typo

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Apr 20 2008, 07:07 PM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Apr 20 2008, 07:24 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Cool! i play this song, too

but i only play the first 2 parts of the solo for now

im gonna play it at my school next thuesday with friends (drummer and bassist)

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 20 2008, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Nicely done

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 20 2008, 09:30 PM
Instructor
nice track but be more carful to the timing in the start smile.gif
nice what you did

+Quote Post
Nick325
Apr 20 2008, 11:18 PM
nice job

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 23 2008, 05:02 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
cool smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 05:11 PM
Nice!

I haven't practiced Canon Rock for like half a year, gona check it out again (hopefully I can play it better now tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
at lights end
Apr 23 2008, 05:53 PM
sounds awesome!

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:24 AM