Tube Amp Resonating Problem
firestarter
Dec 30 2007, 06:14 PM
GMC:er
Hi folks!

After a lot of research, I decided to buy my first tube amp a few weeks back - and bought a Laney Lionheart L5T-112 5W.

It's a sweet combo - nice clean and high gain sounds, good build quality, celestion speaker etc. It's built to max out at 5W too, so I'm getting lots of great tone without my neighbours hating me biggrin.gif

My problem is that I'm finding resonance problems with the box when I strike certain notes. Some of the high notes cause a high pitched 'zingy' buzz, and I'm also getting some buzzing with low notes. I tried tightening the screws holding the thing together - but it hasn't helped much.

This isn't an electrical issue - I'm not hearing mains hum or anything like that.

So my questions are:

- Does resonance / buzzing go with the territory for tube combos?
- Any top tips to cure this? The next step I'm considering is taking the back off and checking whether all the components/tubes are correctly seated.
- Should I just take it back to the shop and have them take a look?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 PM