Speed Picking On The Higher Strings
Slammer
Aug 18 2007, 01:41 AM
GMC:er
When I play Fast Alt. picking runs.

I can usually play up to Tempo on the Lower Strings (EAD)

but when I get to the Higher Strings esp. the B and E.

I find that I have to slow down in order to stay Clean sounding.

I mean I can still play up to tempo, but It might sound a Bit Sloppy.

Do you have any Advice for Practising Being able to Pick cleanly, while maintaining speed.

Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 18 2007, 02:19 AM
Instructor
Hey Slammer!

On low strings it's easier to maintain synchronization and one of the reasons is that the low strings are very soft comparing to E, B and G strings. On high strings the thickness of the strings makes it a bit more difficult to stay synchronized in your left and right hand because they are very thin and the response to the pick is different. Same goes for left hand fingers - the feel of the strings is different because the strings are thin.

That's why you'll have to slow down a bit and practice synchronization in your hands on high strings. Just make your BPM lower by 20: so if you practice on low strings on 140, switch to 120 and practice on high strings.

When i was starting with scales i was only practicing on high 3 strings so later when i moved to lower strings i never felt that problem.

Hope this helps! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Slammer
Aug 18 2007, 02:57 AM
GMC:er
Hey Thanks Alot Pavel!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:40 PM