I Miss Pavel !, Do you also miss him ?
Nighthawk1
Jul 8 2008, 09:00 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC Family,
I've just watched again some lessons of our Shred Guitar Genius Pavel...I really miss him and his lessons because his videos were one of the very first lessons I watched when I came here to GMC and I thought WOW...If you keep on practising from now on...some day you'll be able to kick this sick sweep and alternate picking runs like he does...and if you lack of motivation just rewatch the video biggrin.gif
I didn't realise immediately that Pavel left us...just noticed some day that he doesn't do any lessons anymore and then he vanished from the active instructors board.
But who knows...maybe he ll come back someday when he finished his study... unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 8 2008, 09:13 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
chmilew
Jul 8 2008, 09:06 AM
I missed him too sad.gif
I keep learning his sweeping lessons which are simply great..

I don't really know why he has left us, but I still believe that one day he'll come back, better faster stronger than ever ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 8 2008, 09:11 AM
Well, I know he studied or still does study informatics...You really have to put some serious work in that to be successful I think...but I just don't know if that is the reason ..but I am sure he misses us too rolleyes.gif ...and maybe he really returns "faster and stronger than ever" even though he seemed to be pretty "high-end" on shredding already laugh.gif

+Quote Post
rockztar
Jul 8 2008, 09:25 AM
as far as i know he work on another site..... III MIISSSSEEE HIIIMM

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jul 8 2008, 09:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Pavel is no longer with the site because of certain things he did.On this point though get a life I wish people would stop harping on about instructors and members who no longer use the site who cares really its getting annoying

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 8 2008, 09:35 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Yep, he's working for another site now, and I doubt he'll be back..
But there's loads of other great instructors here, so there's enough lessons to practice either way biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 8 2008, 09:40 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 8 2008, 09:35 AM) *
Yep, he's working for another site now, and I doubt he'll be back..
But there's loads of other great instructors here, so there's enough lessons to practice either way biggrin.gif

I belive he left there also.....

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 8 2008, 09:46 AM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jul 8 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Pavel is no longer with the site because of certain things he did.On this point though get a life I wish people would stop harping on about instructors and members who no longer use the site who cares really its getting annoying

I find your answer a little bit harsh...to tell "get a life" and "harping on"...I don't know what you mean by "certain things he did"...I just explained that Pavel's lessons were the very first I dealt with here with GMC and I really like this lesson....Of course Pavel does not really leave behind a blank space here with GMC as we have awesome, incredible shred instructors who are active..
It was just some personal relation I had to Pavel's lesson for the reasons I mentioned above...and I am honestly a little bit aghasted why you answered like this....maybe you know more than I do and that's why you don't want people to regret bygone times but then you should perhaps be more explicit...

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 8 2008, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 8 2008, 09:47 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 8 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I belive he left there also.....

Correct. Pavel has stopped teaching guitar online all together now. Guess he had some bad experiences or something.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jul 8 2008, 09:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Its just there's posts all the time about people who have left this is like the 100th where's pavel post oh where can pavel be why has he left and so on I for one iam fed up of them!!!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jul 8 2008, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 8 2008, 10:47 AM) *
Correct. Pavel has stopped teaching guitar online all together now. Guess he had some bad experiences or something.

Sad news..

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 8 2008, 09:55 AM
Lets go fishing!
I am sure Pavel will be very pleased he still has his fans wink.gif But as there are so many previous threads on this subject I will close this particular one.

Matt

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 8 2008, 10:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, hopefully we have calmed down a little, thanks for keeping things under control Matt!

I am re-opening this as there is no real harm in discussing ex-instructors as long as we are civil about it!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 8 2008, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Pavel is indeed a great player and teacher. A shame he's not teaching anymore.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 8 2008, 10:55 PM
As this topic has been re-opened I'd would like to add that I am sorry that I opened this topic even though it has been discussed on other topics before...I didn't realise that there even was a public announcement and I should have informed myself before...
Despite of that, some people should bear in mind to discuss things which bother them in a civilised and constructive way...
Cheers folks

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 10 2008, 02:39 PM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 8 2008, 11:16 PM
I am satisfied with the Ghost of Pavel. But I consider him exceptionally talented, and it would not surprise me if he achieves some serious success in music.

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 8 2008, 04:45 PM) *
Pavel is indeed a great player and teacher. A shame he's not teaching anymore.

Bingo, he has teaching skills. A sense for the student. But I expect he is focusing on his play now. I really expect big things of the guy, or at least it would not surprise me.

edit: btw Pavel, if you are out there, yes, I am sucking up. I expect a back stage pass sometime for showing such support in your formative period.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 8 2008, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jul 8 2008, 11:30 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I loved Pavel, I still have his pm when I asked him about a lesson and he said he was leaving before posting the topic...I was like =(....

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 8 2008, 11:49 PM
I think he's on MSN Messenger, I'm sure someone here could give you his email or something.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 10 2008, 02:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I joined a month or two after his departure from GMC but I'm absolutly certain by what I've seen I missed out on a great teacher!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 10 2008, 02:40 PM
Looking at his guitar skills and considering that he is even one year younger than me...DAMN WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE??? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 10 2008, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:47 PM