2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Acdc Collaboration!, UPLOAD & COMMENTS TOPIC
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2010, 03:04 AM
Instructor
In this topic you can post your uploads, and I will comment them. Here is the main topic for this collaboration as well! smile.gif

Have fun! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 15 2010, 09:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Here is my take, I don't know why I played the faster parts bit sloppy, maybe because I got nervous, or because I practiced those licks while sitting, not while standing enough... Anyway hope You like it a bit:)

Attached File  Marek_ACDC_with_BC.mp3 ( 907.54K ) Number of downloads: 182

Attached File  Marek_ACDC_without_BC.mp3 ( 898.15K ) Number of downloads: 165

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jitty
Nov 16 2010, 01:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Ivan, here is my take! Hope you enjoy, looking forward to getting feedback.

Prajit

Attached File  AC_DC_Collab_w_BT.mp3 ( 974.2K ) Number of downloads: 305

Attached File  AC_DC_Collab_no_BT.mp3 ( 941.55K ) Number of downloads: 256

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 16 2010, 08:26 PM
GMC:er
here are mine smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MarcMaidenACDCnobt.mp3 ( 833.06K ) Number of downloads: 170
Attached File  MarcMaidenACDCwithbt.mp3 ( 876.33K ) Number of downloads: 213

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 16 2010, 09:31 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow, what a solo Marc_Maiden !? Awesome !

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 17 2010, 05:14 AM
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *
Wow, what a solo Marc_Maiden !? Awesome !

thanks! its been a while since ive done a collaboration! I missed these a lot!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Frej10
Nov 18 2010, 04:51 PM
Here is my version! Some minor mistakes, so be kind to me! rolleyes.gif

Attached File  ACDC_collaboration_without_baking_track.mp3 ( 4.93MB ) Number of downloads: 183

Attached File  ACDC_collaboration_with_baking_track.mp3 ( 1.02MB ) Number of downloads: 211

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 18 2010, 05:15 PM
Instructor
Marek Rojewski:

RHYTHM: As far as rhythm goes, I think you are using several note durations very well in your playing. Transfers from longer notes to shorter ones, and using even quarter triplets is what I really loved in your playing. The solo sounds very balanced with this diversity. However, I must point out that you should focus a lot more on the faster bits. Although you seem to be aware on what notes and groups of notes you use, and where you have to land them, the execution is rather poor on some of the faster bits. But this is not a big problem. I believe that with some few weeks practice, you can tighten up this to a whole new level - just have to sit and do all the runs really really slow. For rhythm I give you a bit lower grade 9, and sloppy parts will be graded through technique.
PHRASING: Phrasing is very good as well, and you are using minor pentatonic and minor scale very well. I like the way you are jumping all over the neck - this is a clear sign of knowing the whole pattern all over the neck. Very important for a player to know this. Your call & response phrasing is very good, and you are using pairs of phrases very good. I think using blues scale here, and using more of the minor scale notes can help. I also believe that now (as you are familiar with all these patterns), you can try to mix some modes as well and introduce modal playing here (for example instead of using A minor, you can try to use A dorian or A phrygian notes). As you know, these three modes have all the same notes, only one note is different from mode to mode. Try to use those notes in order to make it more interesting. For phrasing I will give you 8.
TECHNIQUE: Technique is good, but needs some polishing. Bending and vibrato are good, and you are on the right track there. Making it stronger is a must. They are precise tho. Also, as I mentioned, those faster bits need more practicing, and you have to do it ultra slow in order to be precise. Then, the notes will naturally fall into place on faster tempos as well. For technique (primarily the sloppy bits), I will give you 6, so more work on that.
SOUND: Sound is great, nice and smooth and all you have to work on is a bit of tone control. This is also being achieved through practicing. Make sure every note is being played the same as the one before (with the pick), and make sure all notes sound even. Every note you pick has to have proper weight. You have a good instrument and you can make your high E string have thick tone, just have to practice it until you can pull out that tone from the pick and fingers. For sound, I give you 9.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 20 2010, 06:41 PM
Tone Seeker
Here's my take.
Tuning is D.

(In video I only played with mp3 file, so no actual playing. Only demonstrating my finger movement) wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Nov 20 2010, 06:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ad_dc_collab_solo_no_backing.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 231
Attached File  ad_dc_collab_solo.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 174

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 21 2010, 10:40 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here's mine!

Cheers

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 22 2010, 04:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Two uploads from me, since I couldn't decide smile.gif Hope you don't mind (a)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  acdc_take1_Nbt.mp3 ( 876.33K ) Number of downloads: 168
Attached File  acdc_take1_wbt.mp3 ( 876.33K ) Number of downloads: 166
Attached File  acdc_take2_Nbt.mp3 ( 876.33K ) Number of downloads: 154
Attached File  acdc_take2_wbt.mp3 ( 876.33K ) Number of downloads: 172

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 22 2010, 08:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Sometimes you have to assume your bad taste
First post for me..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  krakou_ACDC_BT.mp3 ( 827.75K ) Number of downloads: 186
Attached File  krakou_ACDC_NOBT.mp3 ( 827.75K ) Number of downloads: 163

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2010, 09:37 PM
Instructor
Jitty

RHYTHM: Great use of long notes within the solo. I like the long bends, and they give a good balance. I would like to hear some longer bends in the second part of the solo as well to break down the repetitive patterns that you used there. Timing on those could be more tighter as well. Nevertheless, I believe the rhythmical balance was quite good, and it sounded very nice. If you watch about these things that I suggested, I believe it will be even better. For rhythm, I give a grade 7.5, because of the lack of tightness and longer notes in the second part.
PHRASING: Very good phrases used throughout the solo. I think your scale usage is pretty good, although you seem to keep yourself a bit locked in the boxes. I advise that you practice slides and connecting the boxes more. Your call & response phrasing is very good, I think you have a good feel for that, and one reason why this is true is because you have a good ear. Using the same phrases and landing on different notes at the ends of them is very good first step. I think you are heading in the right direction with these, and you should definitely spend more time in developing this skill that you have even further. It will definitely pay out. For phrasing I give you 8, because I would like to hear more scales involved, like blues scale, or some modal playing. But for what you used, it was great.
TECHNIQUE: Very good bends, very precise and good tone control on them. Muting is also good, but I would say you need to rehearse the faster bits just a bit more to make them tighter. Using vibrato a bit more couldn't hurt either, and judging by your bends, I believe you are quite capable of doing this, just don't overdo with the speed of vibrato. For techniques used here, I will give you 8.
SOUND: Sound was OK, and I believe you managed to make it better with your fingers. Try adding more mids, and make it sound a bit less buzzy. I think it can sound very good. For the actual sound that you made, I will give a bit lower grade because of the buzziness, 6.5

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 23 2010, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Marc_Maiden

RHYTHM: As far as rhythm goes, I believe you used a lot of different notes here, going from longer notes, to some extreme runs. This is great, and it shows that you are capable of using all kinds of note durations. I like the way you played around the beat, and showed good syncopation abilities as well. One thing that is lacking is fluidness in those rhythmical phrases. I believe that they are a bit too scattered. There are some problems with timing on some licks as well, so I would suggest simplifying them a bit just to get them nicely synced with the tempo. For rhythm I give a grade 7.
PHRASING: There is evidently some very cool licks and passages in your vocabulary, and scale usage is good as well. I would say phrasing is your weakest point at the moment, because there is evident lack of structured phrases in this take. I would spend more time on practicing arpeggios and chords. SInce your scalar knowledge is very good, there should be a balance between scales and chords. Learning more chords and strong notes will help you organize those licks and runs nicely throughout the solo. For phrasing I give 6, because you need to let that knowledge settle down a bit, and use it in correlation with the harmony.
TECHNIQUE: Here is where you shine, and I can definitely here some big improvements in your playing. There are some great fast runs, cool pinched harmonic usage, bending is good, and vibrato as well. So, as far as pure technical ability goes, I think you are well skilled, and now it's time to put those skills in proper usage by developing ear for harmony and strong notes. For technique skill I give grade of 9.3
SOUND: Sound is very good, although the guitar sound is a bit louder than the backing. It doesn't mind me, but when recording a solo, it would be proper to mix it with the music as if you are playing within the band, not in front of it. The distortion amount and mids are just right, and you are keeping the tone fairly nicely. I would suggest more work on precision and muting to make it even better. For sound I give 8.7

Guys, as you can see, I'm doing one comment per day, so you should have your takes commented and graded in the next couple of days, or by the end of the week! smile.gif

At the end of the month, I will present the final mix as well! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 23 2010, 06:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 25 2010, 04:38 PM

Attached File  ACDC_leedbreakBT.mp3 ( 414.39K ) Number of downloads: 181

Attached File  ACDC_leedbreakNBT.mp3 ( 564.39K ) Number of downloads: 175

Thanks was a lot of fun, had some rough areas I need to get tighter. But it is dead line and time to eat some turkey wink.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 25 2010, 04:52 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 26 2010, 01:15 AM
Instructor
Frej10:

RHYTHM: Very nice rhythmical phrases. I enjoyed listening to it, because I think you managed to keep it interesting. One thing I must comment is timing. You should try to lock more on the drums, and make it tighter, it seems that you rushed here and there. But, I believe your rhythmic skills are quite good, and you have a skill of making it interesting while using some very similar note durations. It has a nice progression towards the end, with those shorter notes, and in general it is well balanced. On thing that you could use are some faster runs, but you handle well what you do. For rhythm, I will give an 8.
PHRASING: Some very interesting sliding phrases, and well used repetitive licks. You are again using well what you know, and it is mostly pentatonic scale. For this kind of solo that is enough, but I do feel some other diatonic notes could be implemented, or perhaps blues scale notes. They would add a nice touch. One thing that you should spend more time on are arpeggios and chords, to acquire a sense for strong notes, since they can guide you through the solo nicely and be your focal points relative to the harmony in the backing. This could tie your licks together, and tie them with the chords better. For phrasing work, I will give you 7.5, but with greater scalar knowledge, it can be a lot more, since you are using the licks you know well.
TECHNIQUE: Well used bendings and great slides. Vibratos need more work on, although this kind of fast vibrato you used here sound very nice, and reminds on Angus's playing. Well picked solo as well, and well controlled tone on such low overdrive settings. Nice fluid solo too, you connected everything nicely with those slides, this is a good trick to make your solo fluent. I would advise more work on faster runs, specially diatonic ones. For technique skills I give 8.2
SOUND: Great sound for ACDC collab. I would advise a bit more treble, but you certainly managed to pull out a great tone indeed. For tone I give 9.5

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 29 2010, 08:41 PM
Instructor
WeePee

RHYTHM: Very good sense for rhythm, and using repetitive rhythmical phrases to your advantage. The solo has more a rhythmic character (similar to riffs) then melodic, and I think you did a nice job. The thing I would like to hear is couple of longer notes (possibly bended ones) here and there, to break the other notes. Making these breaks within the solo is very important. Another important thing is to keep the timing precise For rhythm I give a grade 8.1
PHRASING: Very good riff-like phrases within the solo, following pentatonic scale and blues scale mostly. I would advise that you use a bit more dorian mode and modal approach in general. Some major based licks would also sound pretty good here, so I would advise learning well the major pentatonic scale pattern over the minor one, to combine them both. As I mentioned, the solo is not that melodic, but rhytmic, riff-like. It does have structure however, and if you incorporate the scales I mentioned here, I think it will get another dimension. For phrasing I give 7.5
TECHNIQUE: bending and vibrato skills are very good, and everything is nicely played. I would advise that you work a bit more on your bend-release skills. When releasing, you need to sound more convincing. As far as technique ability goes, perhaps it is time to work more on some faster easy scalar runs that you can incorporate into these kinds of solos. They can be simple, containing 5-6 notes that repeat, and it can definitely sound good if played a bit faster. For technique I give grade 8.
SOUND: Sound is pretty good, healthy amount of distortion, and good sound. It's a bit buzzy, and I would add some mids as well, but it sounds OK. For sound I give a grade 8.8

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2010, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Guitarrero:

RHYTHM: Cool use of different note durations throughout the solo. I like the fact that you use riffing approach. The speeding up in the second part is also very good. What I would suggest is that you try to use a bit longer notes here and there. I also think the main rhythmic phrase you used in the first part of the solo is a bit to repetitive. If not in the second part, I believe you could use something different for the end of the solo. What I would suggest is that you practice some triplet notes more. The tapping part came as a bit of refreshment, but it represents big contrast, so something is needed to bind the tapping and the riffing lick together, in order to have more flow. I think triplets of even longer notes would do the trick here as well. For rhythm I give a grade 7.8
PHRASING: You are using mostly pentatonic scale here and going to the root often. Although pentatonic scale is sounding good here, I recommend that you insert some blues scale licks or modes. If you haven't practiced modes and blues scale (as a full pattern on the neck, in all positions), this may be the right time to start. For phrasing I give 7.6
TECHNIQUE: Good playing throughout the solo. Bends are OK, and often used, but i believe they need to be stronger and sound more convincing. Inserting some vibrato here and there wouldn't hurt either. For technique I give 8.2
SOUND: I like the sound, although I think little less distortion would make it sound more defined. It's just a bit buzzy, but it's cutting nicely through the mix. So, with a bit more crunch it would sound good. Your guitar is a bit out of tune as well, so watch for that when recording too. For sound I give 8.6

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2010, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Kaznie (i chose 2nd take, I think it is better and cleaner)

RHYTHM: Great use of all kinds of note durations in this solo, from longer notes to faster passages. I think you made a very good balance between these two, and your use of long notes is very good too. You have a good feeling for combining these, and the timing is also solid. I believe the ending could be a bit more convincing and in tempo, but all in all it is very good. For rhythm I give 9.
PHRASING: Very cool pentatonic licks with combined melodic passages. Good use of minor and minor pentatonic scale, but also blues scale too. The whole solo sounds good, and I would advise that you incorporate modal approach. If you haven't rehearsed several major modes in parallel by now, it's time to start. I also believe that ending could have more convincing finish note, perhaps octave lower. In general, I give 8.5 for phrasing.
TECHNIQUE: Good techniques displayed, good bending skill, well controlled and strong but a bit unprecise. Watch for that. Vibrato is ok. Legato is good, and you use those pull off triplets well to make things sound a bit faster. Muting is good, but on some faster licks it can become a bit messy. Those licks have probably learned the bad way, so it may be wise to go polish them the way you practice now. Upgrading technical skills on old licks is cool from time to time, and leaves the impression of more balanced player. For technique I give 9.2 since I hear constant progress from you as time goes by. Progress is good.
SOUND: Nice sound. You made progress here too, although you kept your hi-gain sound a bit. This time it's not so edgy, it's more smoother, and more natural, JCM800-like. In general I like it, but just watch for the buzzy character a bit more. Try to make it a bit more natural. For sound I give 8.9

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 30 2010, 09:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Ivan, cool comments and the grades put it in context! There are some tips in there I'm going to use for sure!

Especially modal soling smile.gif I could implement some diatonic notes in the pentatonic boxes.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:25 PM