Interesting Chord/key Analysis
Headbanger
Nov 21 2013, 08:42 PM
GMC:er
I found this interesting stuff!!..... What did you think? huh.gif

The analysis

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
klasaine
Nov 21 2013, 09:08 PM
Well, the fact that he or she said 'guitar TAB websites' - which are generally full of errors sends up a giant red flag. And, what songs? 1300 is a small sampling considering we've been playing and documenting chord progressions since about 900 ad.

*Yes, there are a few handfuls of general or basic song forms. But we've known that for about 300 years.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Nov 21 2013, 09:10 PM

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 21 2013, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 21 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Well, the fact that he or she said 'guitar TAB websites' - which are generally full of errors sends up a giant red flag. And, what songs? 1300 is a small sampling considering we've been playing and documenting chord progressions since about 900 ad.

*Yes, there are a few handfuls of general or basic song forms. But we've known that for about 300 years.

I thought they said that they specifically didn't use guitar websites and they analyised one song at a time....for the very reason they are not reliable to use?
Anyway it was interesting to read the comments under...some similar to yours. smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 22 2013, 12:52 AM
Lol! You're right, I miss read.
Looking at the data base though I still feel it's extremely limited - even if we're really just talking about 'popular' music.
A couple of classical pieces, no jazz (jazz was 'pop' music for about 30 years), no metal ...

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 22 2013, 01:06 AM
Actually theory-wise it makes sense. I mean tonal music is basicly built on the 1-4-5 relationship and results show similar values to this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2013, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Interesting one - I bumped into it before but just bookmarked it and never got to read it.. Thanks for the reminder mate!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2013, 03:09 PM
Instructor
It's a cool topic. I think that the main reason why they have these results start in the fact that C major, A minor, E minor and G major are the most comfortable chords to play on guitar, and are also comfortable in Piano. These two instruments are the most used to compose in popular music. So I don't think that there is too many information in the article but it's a good idea and starting point to analyze music to create guideline to start experimenting with composition.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 23 2013, 07:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 22 2013, 02:09 PM) *
It's a cool topic. I think that the main reason why they have these results start in the fact that C major, A minor, E minor and G major are the most comfortable chords to play on guitar, and are also comfortable in Piano. These two instruments are the most used to compose in popular music. So I don't think that there is too many information in the article but it's a good idea and starting point to analyze music to create guideline to start experimenting with composition.

I would also say that E major/ C# minor offers nice possibilities because of the open strings that can be used in the chords. But yes, as Gabe said, those keys make a lot of use of open strings thus, suitable for chords smile.gif Just think of all the classic American hits biggrin.gif G major FTW!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:02 PM