New Monitor...
Ben Higgins
May 19 2012, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Yesterday I had one of those days where things keep going wrong.. mainly technical things holding me up etc.. to top it all, in the evening my 6yr old monitor decided to pack up so today I made a reluctant trip to PC world where I reluctantly spent money I couldn't afford. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to stand around waiting for 15 mins until I was informed the item I'd ordered was only left as a display item and 'Do you want us to box one up for you ?' Well, yes please I would... did it take 15 mins to ask me that ??

Oh well... at least I now got a 20 inch high res monitor instead of my Gameboy sized one I had previously, although it did serve me well smile.gif

P.S. The first thing I did when I got up this morning was stub my toe.. dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 19 2012, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
New Monitors are one of the next things on my shopping list!
2 x 24" ones.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2012, 06:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 19 2012, 05:54 PM) *
New Monitors are one of the next things on my shopping list!
2 x 24" ones.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Who are you ?? Skynet ??? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 19 2012, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Who are you ?? Skynet ??? laugh.gif

At least i'm not as greedy as Todd with 3!!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2012, 06:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 19 2012, 06:04 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

He's the Bill Gates of GMC laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 20 2012, 01:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sorry to hear your trouble with the monitor. On the other hand, monitor is IMO most important part of the computer system so its very good to upgrade. Also there is more workspace on the big monitors these days. I'm pretty sure I lost my "eyes" on one bad CRT monitor back in the days.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 04:41 PM
Instructor
I agree with Bogdan - a good monitor can make a huge difference, I intend on getting a BIG one for myself soon enough biggrin.gif

Sorry you had to go through that mate sad.gif I know what it feels like. I bought a new laptop on the 6th of March and it crashed on the 25th of March smile.gif imagine how that felt. I called the dealer and I was mad as a bull, but it took 21 days for them to fix it.. I issued a complain to replace it but, no chance.. Well, at least now it's working smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 20 2012, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
Tangomouse
May 20 2012, 04:49 PM
funny enough i used to work for pc world fixing computers.. I left a week after techguys changed there name to KnowHow or should i say Don't KnowHow.. there customer care was set to improve with the name change and if they was wearing a KnowHow band, they will have had the KnowHow customer care training, just like i did.

From what i see here nothings changed in customer care, but just the name has.

Sorry you had been treated that way.... I'm glad i left smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 20 2012, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2012, 04:41 PM) *
I agree with Bogdan - a good monitor can make a huge difference, I intend on getting a BIG one for myself soon enough biggrin.gif

Sorry you had to go through that mate sad.gif I know what it feels like. I bought a new laptop on the 6th of March and it crashed on the 25th of March smile.gif imagine how that felt. I called the dealer and I was mad as a bull, but it took 21 days for them to fix it.. I issued a complain to replace it but, no chance.. Well, at least now it's working smile.gif

Man that must have so annoying !!

QUOTE (Tangomouse @ May 20 2012, 04:49 PM) *
funny enough i used to work for pc world fixing computers.. I left a week after techguys changed there name to KnowHow or should i say Don't KnowHow.. there customer care was set to improve with the name change and if they was wearing a KnowHow band, they will have had the KnowHow customer care training, just like i did.

From what i see here nothings changed in customer care, but just the name has.

Sorry you had been treated that way.... I'm glad i left smile.gif

I didn't notice any Know How logos or anything but I guess it could have been a lot worse really wink.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
May 20 2012, 08:34 PM
Aye, as a general rule, stay away from PC World.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 20 2012, 08:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ May 20 2012, 08:34 PM) *
Aye, as a general rule, stay away from PC World.

Yep ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Ours is called emag.ro laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 22 2012, 04:35 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 19 2012, 01:04 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey now! smile.gif After much soul searching I actually trimmed back my rig! I am using a 27 inch imac as my primary and my 42 inch HD set as a second head so just two! smile.gif

But I am still using three heads at the office. The more the merrier!

P.S. Congrats on your new monitor Ben!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 22 2012, 04:36 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:00 AM