Looper Jam Pedal, Is there any cheap option?
Gus
Feb 19 2010, 04:52 PM
GMC:er
I just want something I can use live like this:
I play a chord sequence, and then I start the loop, solo over it and stop the loop.
One example would be "Wish you were here" intro cool.gif . I play first time recording the loop, then I make the intro solo over the looped and then I resume playing a different chord sequence (remove the loop)...

But all options I found so far are quite expensive dry.gif , with lots of gigabits of memory and tracks... I don't really want that advanced features . Just do some soloing without having to get a second guitarist (I am mostly playing guitar and voice for the time being)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Feb 19 2010, 05:44 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoe
Feb 19 2010, 05:14 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Feb 19 2010, 04:52 PM) *
I just want something I can use live like this:
I play a chord sequence, and then I start the loop, solo over it and stop the loop.
One example would be "Wish you were here" intro cool.gif . I play first time, then I make the intro solo and then I resume playing a different chord sequence...

But all options I found so far are quite expensive dry.gif , with lots of gigabits of memory and tracks... I don't really want that advanced features . Just do some soloing without having to get a second guitarist (I am mostly playing guitar and voice for the time being)

I had the same problem but for training, songwriting purposes.
I went for a Spider Jam Digital Amp from Line 6. Price: €420

Features: 25mn recording, Loop, Amp models, Artists Solo presets, effects, drums presets, even songs played by real bands and so on....

I really do not regret my buy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 19 2010, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
I will suggest BOSS RC-20XL, it has 16 minutes of recording, You can do several overdubs, tap the tempo - it synchronizes in even bars/beats + memory slots.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 20 2010, 03:03 PM
Instructor
For your purpose, regular Boos RC2 will do the job quite nicely. It's a great and not that expensive pedal and it is in compact form.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 20 2010, 03:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, I second the Boss RC2. It's really great, compact, durable and seems pefect for what you are looking for. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Feb 22 2010, 02:01 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Feb 20 2010, 03:09 PM) *
Yeah, I second the Boss RC2. It's really great, compact, durable and seems pefect for what you are looking for. smile.gif

Hmmm. this may be exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a lot.

guess I will have to go to a shop and check it. Does anyone know what is the extra you get from the money on the RC-20XL compared to the RC-2?

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Feb 22 2010, 02:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Got a RC-20 for like 5 years and it's a nice pedal. Not sure about the differences with the RC-2 though. Probably a bunch of functionalities like mic input, reverse mode, auto start, tempo guide and so on... RC-20 is like 100$ more.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 23 2010, 02:35 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would also suggest RC-2 , its compact and would serve your needs well! smile.gif (I'm also thinking of getting it!) smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 2 2010, 10:28 PM
Instructor
you can always use your daw for looping purposes

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 PM