Jcm 800
iamblackmo
Feb 24 2010, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
This is the amp I have always wanted.

I am looking for the two channel head but I stumbled across this:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/1568398718.html

Comments, thoughts, and this almost seems like a autobuy?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Feb 24 2010, 01:43 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm not much of an amp connoisseur but that thing looks like a rare find and a great deal. I'd snatch it if I had the $800! If you get it, demo it for us biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by earman: Feb 24 2010, 01:43 AM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 24 2010, 01:52 AM
Instructor
that looks like a winner bro!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 24 2010, 02:05 AM
Instructor
These are very rare and expensive, I would check that one out in more detail, could be fake.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Feb 24 2010, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 23 2010, 08:05 PM) *
These are very rare and expensive, I would check that one out in more detail, could be fake.

How do I go about this? Do I need to find an expert and take him with me?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 24 2010, 03:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Feb 23 2010, 08:09 PM) *
How do I go about this? Do I need to find an expert and take him with me?

I would take someone with you if you are serious about this amp. Just because it is very rare and imho is more of a collectors vintage piece. It has a very vintage fender / Marshal type tone for Clean JAZZ, Blues, Country and general Rock but for Heavy Metal your can forget it (once again imho) because the 10' speakers are not going to give you the warmth and punch. Plus it is an open back Amp/Cabinet.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 24 2010, 04:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
if it is a real one it's an awesome deal man ..... Good luck with that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 24 2010, 08:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, You must check it out. I wouldn't buy a tube amp on an online market anyhow, You never know in which condition it is.... I remember those, and as the guy's say's here - it is a rock & blues amp. If You're gonna play some metal, You may need another cab. But the amp will serve another cab with ease, it's VERY loud, provided that the tubes are OK. If I'm not wrong here, it's actually the same amp as the JCM 800, they just put it in another cab.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Feb 24 2010, 01:44 PM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Feb 24 2010, 02:27 AM) *
Yeah, You must check it out. I wouldn't buy a tube amp on an online market anyhow, You never know in which condition it is.... I remember those, and as the guy's say's here - it is a rock & blues amp. If You're gonna play some metal, You may need another cab. But the amp will serve another cab with ease, it's VERY loud, provided that the tubes are OK. If I'm not wrong here, it's actually the same amp as the JCM 800, they just put it in another cab.

//Staffay

I dont detest metal, but I dont play it. I guess the closest I get is GnR but this amp does seem to good to be true. He only live a few minutes away so it would be an amp that I can play first.

I am concerned about the fact that is 100w. That is too unmanagable. The guy said you can take tubes out and making a 50w.

I may go play, and if it is not fake, it seems like a buy then a re-sell if I dont like it.

I still want a JCM 800 :-)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 24 2010, 01:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Go and try it and make your decision afterwards!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 24 2010, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Try it, but try no to think about buying it now, as Zakk suggested. It may be tempting, but be strong (and objective) wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 24 2010, 03:14 PM
Instructor
get a power attenuator for that beast, play it a like 10 watts and will sound amazing, if it's original and well preserved i would pay way more for it, so be careful cause im pretty sure a lot of people would and the seller knows that

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 24 2010, 04:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
You can just use a booster/overdrive even at low levels and get very cool sound, these babies sounds very warm and nice with the characteristic Marshall mid-range sound.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
stratman79
Feb 24 2010, 07:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
i can't see the ad sad.gif

there should some serial numbers, you can trace them online and see if they match up.

maybe you could put a small depoist down and then check with marshall?

but at the end of the day its worth what it is to you, if you try it love it and are happy to pay the asking price then its worth it.

oh one other thing is it like ebay where you can see sellers previous transactions??

i have a 2 channel JCM800 lead series and a 60s cab with greenback speakers only prob is the head is broken and in storage and the cab is at my mums... its too big and loud to have at my house here sad.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 7 2010, 06:25 PM
Instructor
looks like a good deal

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 7 2010, 08:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What happened with this? Did you try the amp out? Listing seems to be expired now...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:03 AM