How Famous Folks Break Down Their Day/time
Todd Simpson
May 23 2014, 11:00 PM
GMC:er
This is a big graphic showing various folks of note and how they spend their day. I was expecting a bit more similarity between them but nope!! Each one does it their own way. Does one of these match the way you break down your day?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2014, 12:41 PM
Instructor
I for one need 7 hours of sleep - otherwise I am busted..

Otherwise:

I wake up around 07.30 - 08.00
Breakfast, meditation, washing - until 09.00
09.00 - 11.00 GMC and coffee
11.00 - 18.00 various business related activities
18.00 - 00.00 - in respect to each day, I practice guitar, pump iron and practice sword fighting, GMC again if needed

That's basically how I roll smile.gif It's tough most of the time, because I need a lot of discipline to keep up, but that's what I want.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 24 2014, 04:19 PM
Though their work/creative period schedules vary and are all over the place time wise I notice that most of them spend at least 3 hours a day 'hanging out'. Either for a long lunch, at the pub, entertaining, etc. Hmmmmmm - ?

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 24 2014, 09:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Kant and Balzac are on this list. There is a pun somewhere... and its killing me because I can't find it! Ben Higgins, Christian, where are you!!!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2014, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 24 2014, 03:19 PM) *
Though their work/creative period schedules vary and are all over the place time wise I notice that most of them spend at least 3 hours a day 'hanging out'. Either for a long lunch, at the pub, entertaining, etc. Hmmmmmm - ?

Well, there was that old saying of Mr Wooten - go out and live! How can you be creative if you don't live and experience things ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 25 2014, 09:09 PM
I'm tellin' ya, if you haven't already, you need to read the 'Artists Way' by Julia Cameron.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1585421464/?tag=g...sl_2rwdoftul3_b

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2014, 07:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 25 2014, 08:09 PM) *
I'm tellin' ya, if you haven't already, you need to read the 'Artists Way' by Julia Cameron.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1585421464/?tag=g...sl_2rwdoftul3_b

Thanks man! Didn't know about this one smile.gif

You know, yesterday I went to an art exhibition with my girl and it was a GREAT Sunday afternoon like I haven't experienced in a VERY long time. I got to see works by Dali and Picasso - it was mostly a surrealist exhibition so, yeah, my kind of thing biggrin.gif

I drew inspiration from a lot of things I saw - here's some favorites:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 26 2014, 04:50 PM
A trip to the museum is ALWAYS gonna help. IMO, cross discipline appreciation is essential for getting better at 'your' art.

*I'm pretty sure Gabriel is familiar with the book I mentioned (The Artists Way).

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2014, 05:04 PM
Instructor
That's a very interesting found Todd. It's really inspiring to see how those talented and productive persons used to organize their time. I just saved the graphic for later analysis since I think that there is much to learn from it.

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 26 2014, 12:50 PM) *
A trip to the museum is ALWAYS gonna help. IMO, cross discipline appreciation is essential for getting better at 'your' art.

*I'm pretty sure Gabriel is familiar with the book I mentioned (The Artists Way).

yeah! I had forgotten it but I read this one at the University. We had a degree called "Creativity" and we read amazing books, this is one of them. Thanks for reminding me about it!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 25 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Well, there was that old saying of Mr Wooten - go out and live! How can you be creative if you don't live and experience things ? smile.gif

Just to be sure that everybody knows what we are talking about...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2014, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Sometimes, a day spent outside, around people and things that replenish your energy, will give you the most amazing guitar playing boost.

Everyone should try it - instead of obsessing on becoming better than x,y and z and playing faster than the speed of light, try to play using the joy and energy you received after a nice experience smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:48 PM