Cover Of Room901 By The Late, Great Paul Samson, Sadly missed
Chris Evans
Oct 23 2007, 07:13 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Those of you old enough to remember the Group "Samson" from the eighties should know that this was Pauls signature track, its an instrumental, fairly straight forward but I like it a lot and recorded it as a kind of silent tribute to a great guitarist, visit http://www.paulsamson.co.uk/ to learn more.

I was lucky enuff in the early nineties to meet Paul Samson at a gig, my band at the time was playing at a pub in Oxford, UK and Samson was the main act, I think if I remember rightly in my nervous stupidity said something to him like "I listened to you when you was famous!" he was a nice guy and knew where i was coming from, I hope laugh.gif

More recently I had 2 jam sessions with Samsons original Bass player Chris Aylmer who unfortunatly passed away at the beginning of this year, he was trying to get his Dr Ice project off the ground when the dreaded cancer struck! sad.gif

I`m proud to have played dont get mad, get even, Riding with the angels, Dr Ice and a few others, these where songs that I learned to play my first guitar to and to play them some 15-20 years later with the original bass player was a real boost to me and a memory I`ll never forget.

I owe a debt of gratitude to Rob Grain, Paul Samsons best friend, roadie and webmaster for Pauls site for making that all possible for me.

anyone else remember Samson ??? smile.gif or am I the only old sad git? blink.gif [attachment=2224:attachment]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:46 PM