Cajon
Fusar
Jan 30 2010, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys!

Well I recently discovered a new instrument: "Cajon" - a Spanish flamencobox and I totally fell in love with it biggrin.gif Anybody who can play it or has any experiences with it? I'm impressed how many serious Cajon forums are in the internet and I'm wondering why I didn't hear of it before! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 30 2010, 11:35 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
My daughter got one for her 10th birthday and now has lessons in our village. Along with piano, choir, guitar, modern dance - not much time for any thing else. She's aiming to play in one of our Chiri bands in next year's Chirigota.

Anyway it's a major instrument in flamenco though originally I think it came from S America.

BTW a good site in case you haven't come across it is this one here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Jan 30 2010, 11:44 AM

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 30 2010, 01:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
My drummer has one and brings it to jam sessions at the lake or campfire. It works great as a portable drum to jam along with accoustic guitars!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Frederik
Jan 30 2010, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 30 2010, 01:47 PM) *
My drummer has one and brings it to jam sessions at the lake or campfire. It works great as a portable drum to jam along with accoustic guitars!!

copy that wink.gif perfekt for campfire jamming

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jan 30 2010, 03:52 PM
Instructor
my brother Luca uses to play it, he's a drummer, and as a drummer you know can expect from him... everything that make some noise could be an instrument to work with! tongue.gif
The Cajon is really cool, he has played it in last 2 gigs Tersivel's live acoustic, and it was a really great moment.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 30 2010, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 30 2010, 12:47 PM) *
It works great as a portable drum to jam along with accoustic guitars!!

Exactly!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jan 30 2010, 07:13 PM
Wow, I wonder why I didn't hear anything about it for 17 years biggrin.gif I thought of buying one, seems like a nice toy laugh.gif but I'll have to save some money...

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 1 2010, 03:22 AM
Instructor
they are not too expensive... almost here... you can find one for $35 or so...

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 9 2010, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 30 2010, 01:47 PM) *

yeah that can be very cool

I remember one jam Satriani did with a banjo and the drummer playing cajon...cajon means drawer biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Fusar
Feb 10 2010, 12:03 AM
That sounds coo, Daniell smile.gif do you have any video of this? Well I think I'm going to buy a cajon and I have got drummers amongst my friends so they could give me some lessons to get into these drummer-rhythms and I think the rest is pure experimentating smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 10 2010, 11:45 AM
Instructor
Wow, it's impressive what people can play on these and make it sounds great. NEver heard about the instrument before, but it sure is cool. THanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Feb 11 2010, 08:45 AM
It's great to use on acoustic stuff as Lian exampled before. And they're not very expensive. This is an awesome instrument to give a mystic feeling to an acoustic song

+Quote Post
Fusar
Apr 3 2010, 01:03 AM
I finally bought one and I love it laugh.gif It's so easy to come up with nice rhythm patterns...I'm still learning the basic things, but with them, you've already vaste possibilities! I'm looking forward to try to play along with a friend on his guitar...and maybe try a cover of The Fray like this smile.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV1k_j99qXU&feature=fvst
Some of you talked about great Cajon songs on YT, why not share them here smile.gif?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 3 2010, 02:43 PM
Instructor
The cajon is a great expressive instrument, and it's not spanish it is peruvian smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Fusar
Apr 8 2010, 10:37 PM
Nice video, Adrian!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 8 2010, 10:50 PM
Instructor
thanks brother!
proud to be peruvian!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Fusar
Apr 8 2010, 11:12 PM
wink.gif
Hmm, I'll be probably travelling around in South America in 1 1/2 years, so I assume you think Peru is worth it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 9 2010, 03:41 AM
That's for sure. You must visit Machu Pichu if you go to Peru. You'll be amazed

+Quote Post
Fusar
Apr 10 2010, 12:41 AM
Will be on my list! Oh, but it's so unfair, I discussed this today as well with a good friend of mine...this world has so much nice and beautiful places, but our lives are definitely too short to get everywhere we want smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 10 2010, 04:11 AM
And most of times, our bank bills too!! hahaha

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:59 AM