Hi Everybody
slak
Jul 6 2007, 11:35 AM
GMC:er
Hello, I'm new here and to the guitar. I started playing about 3 months ago when my friend showed up and thrust a guitar into my hands and said we are starting band. That could have been the best idea he ever had! I came to this site in hopes of being able to make better use of my practice time, as I have a family and job, and my bandmate is single and unemployed. Which makes it difficult for us to play, since I'm always lagging in the skills dept.

Any ways I'm playing an Epi Les Paul Jr. through a little 15w Johnson Tube amp. I'm looking forward to learning some new skills and having some fun.

See ya around
Slak

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 6 2007, 01:31 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (slak @ Jul 6 2007, 06:35 AM) *
Hello, I'm new here and to the guitar. I started playing about 3 months ago when my friend showed up and thrust a guitar into my hands and said we are starting band. That could have been the best idea he ever had! I came to this site in hopes of being able to make better use of my practice time, as I have a family and job, and my bandmate is single and unemployed. Which makes it difficult for us to play, since I'm always lagging in the skills dept.

Any ways I'm playing an Epi Les Paul Jr. through a little 15w Johnson Tube amp. I'm looking forward to learning some new skills and having some fun.

See ya around
Slak

Hi Slak and welcome - this is the best place around to get you started, lket us know if you have any questions!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 6 2007, 08:14 PM
Welcome, dont be afraid to ask questions! We are all here to help! Enjoy your stay

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM
Welcome Slak!

haha about a year ago I was in a band and we did the same thing to our bassist (just thrust a bass in his hand and said "You're our bassist").

enjoy the site and all it has to offer. I sure do!

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Yo Slak Welcome!!! Considering you just started playing guitar you'll be a great player in a couple of years.

Just a little advice: When practicing don't hurry too much - and you'll make big progress! Trying to get stuff fast may lead to wrong technique and believe me - you don't want that to happen! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 7 2007, 12:28 AM
Welcome slak!

You've got all the tools and more to progress your skills here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:08 PM