4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Solo Contest, .. PetrucciFever
wrk
Feb 9 2009, 02:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif ... never thought i will do something like this, but just for fun .. here is my entry for the youtube "PetrucciFever solo contest" smile.gif

To step out of the cosy GMC environment and upload a take for open comments to wild west youtube country is a bit scary tho .. laugh.gif. There are some serious shredder participating, so i have no intention to win something, but anyway ...

I should have listen to Emirs advice from his collab and practiced a bit more the faster parts (or leave them out smile.gif), but as the deadline is tomorrow i could not go any further. Anyway, i hope you guys like the composition of the solo and i'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks smile.gif

Andy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by wrk: Feb 9 2009, 04:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 9 2009, 02:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice composition Andy, cool ending as well smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 9 2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor
This is really cool. Well done man

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 9 2009, 02:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 9 2009, 02:07 PM) *
Nice composition Andy, cool ending as well smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif ... yes, i tried to extend the fade out a bit to avoid the need to shred laugh.gif

Thanks Emir smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 9 2009, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
Tasty playing Andy. I really liked you tone and the solo is very well composed. smile.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 9 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Is this Ibanez or Charvel/Jackson ? Very cool looking guitar

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 9 2009, 02:17 PM
That sounds great man, really melodic. Who needs shred when you can pick tasteful notes like that? Your arpeggio use was also awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 9 2009, 02:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 9 2009, 02:14 PM) *
Is this Ibanez or Charvel/Jackson ? Very cool looking guitar

Its an Ibanez RG350DX ... never us it really, but needed the tremolo for this one and i started to like it again .. kind of, still prefer a strat smile.gif

Thanks fatb0t and Mandos smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 9 2009, 02:32 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Very nice indeed Andy. I think that entry will take you quite a ways in the contest. Good luck man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 9 2009, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Andy, this is a very strong entry man!
Great mix of technique and melodic phrasing all that with great control of your notes with smooth vibrato.
Very nice take my friend, you shouldn't be embarrassed of this at all! :-)
Good luck with the contest!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 9 2009, 02:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just awesome man!! I love your phrasing Andy and I agree with fatb0t. No need to shred when you can phrase like that!! Well done. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 9 2009, 02:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 9 2009, 02:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 9 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Andy, this is a very strong entry man!
Great mix of technique and melodic phrasing all that with great control of your notes with smooth vibrato.
Very nice take my friend, you shouldn't be embarrassed of this at all! :-)
Good luck with the contest!

Thanks David, .. calms me down a bit smile.gif .. when i pressed the publish button i was shaking like if i needed to enter the stage laugh.gif

Thanks Monte, Mrblomme and Skenny .. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 9 2009, 03:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You should be proud of your entry Andy. I'd much rather be able to compose and phrase like that then shred. Shredding is impressive, especially to fellow guitarists, but if you want to reach a wider audience you better be able to play melodically IMO.

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 9 2009, 03:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Loved it! Usually hate the high gain shred approach but the phrasing and note selection you use is sublime, ah well one day i will be able to do this!

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 9 2009, 03:33 PM
Great stuff man, that tone is really dramatic (but not dirty) and the phrasing with those smooth AP licks is very well balanced. Don't be afraid of the shredders tho, many of them seem to lack any original ideas or even a structure/story. wink.gif

Btw, you can check out my entry as well if you click on the link in my signature (the title is "About to Fall"). Yours is far better and expressive than mine, but anyway - at least I'm not the only GMCer fighting in the wild west of cruel Youtube... laugh.gif

EDIT: Monte - very well said! I tried to combine the two in mine though (to appeal for the seasoned beginners as well as for the melody-fans) Still, Andy is the man here

This post has been edited by berko: Feb 9 2009, 03:35 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 9 2009, 03:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Feb 9 2009, 03:26 PM) *
You should be proud of your entry Andy. I'd much rather be able to compose and phrase like that then shred. Shredding is impressive, especially to fellow guitarists, but if you want to reach a wider audience you better be able to play melodically IMO.

Thanks again Monte smile.gif .. guitar player sickness, we always want what others are doing and we are never happy with what we do .. maybe not only a guitar player problem laugh.gif

QUOTE (sted @ Feb 9 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Loved it! Usually hate the high gain shred approach but the phrasing and note selection you use is sublime, ah well one day i will be able to do this!

Thanks. You are right, not a fan of high gain ether .. i used a bit to much for my taste, especially at the beginning, but needed a bit more for the end. In fact the backing is quite "empty" and it was not easy to find a sound which fits in.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 03:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Really impressive! You actually have BIG chances to win something thanks to this first-rate melody. smile.gif Well done, my french buddy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 9 2009, 03:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (berko @ Feb 9 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Btw, you can check out my entry as well if you click on the link in my signature (the title is "About to Fall"). Yours is far better and expressive than mine, but anyway - at least I'm not the only GMCer fighting in the wild west of cruel Youtube... laugh.gif

Man berko ... didn't know you uploaded a take as well, sorry. I was listening to it, but did got the connection .. pff. Great take!! True, you choosed a more an melodic approach as well. LDo you know about some other GMC:er participating on this contest?

it's a cruel world out there .. lets stick together laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 9 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Really impressive! You actually have BIG chances to win something thanks to this first-rate melody. smile.gif Well done, my french buddy! biggrin.gif

Thanks Tolek smile.gif .. hm not sure about winning something, your nice comments are already enough.

btw ... i'm german laugh.giflaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 03:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 9 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Thanks Tolek smile.gif .. hm not sure about winning something, your nice comments are already enough.

btw ... i'm german laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dann eben... Von mir aus. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:09 PM