Reaper, help
Nick325
Aug 23 2007, 04:28 AM
GMC:er
ive starting to use reaper now but how do you put backing tracks in there

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 04:34 AM
Sorry but i dont know the answer to your question,but while on the subject .Can you tell me were to get reaper? smile.gif

Thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 04:36 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Aug 22 2007, 11:28 PM) *
ive starting to use reaper now but how do you put backing tracks in there

Create a project, then Insert/Media File - it will automatically create a track for it.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick325
www.reaper.fm

i think if not try googling it

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 22 2007, 11:36 PM) *
Create a project, then Insert/Media File - it will automatically create a track for it.

http://cockos.com

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 23 2007, 04:47 AM
andrew before i had troubles with the asio driver and i download this asiodrvier 4all thing and it works but when i record something i have to put it on my line 6 toneport and then if i want to listen to it i have to go back and switch it to asiodriver4all. is tehre a way to fix this? and also when i play back the backing track i uploaded it sounds all fuzzy.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 05:08 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Aug 22 2007, 11:47 PM) *
andrew before i had troubles with the asio driver and i download this asiodrvier 4all thing and it works but when i record something i have to put it on my line 6 toneport and then if i want to listen to it i have to go back and switch it to asiodriver4all. is tehre a way to fix this? and also when i play back the backing track i uploaded it sounds all fuzzy.

You should be able to configure ASIO4ALL to work with your toneport ASIO driver as well as your soundcard then you won;t need to swithc it, or you could use the output of your toneport to listen to the output from reaper.

Regarding the upload - do you have it set too loud? Try reducing the volume on the channel slider.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 05:23 AM
Man i downloaded reaper just a minute ago and was excited only to find out i could not get any sound out of it.It kept saying playing by the files but never once heard a peep out of it sad.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 23 2007, 12:23 AM) *
Man i downloaded reaper just a minute ago and was excited only to find out i could not get any sound out of it.It kept saying playing by the files but never once heard a peep out of it sad.gif

You need to configure it to work with your soundcard, and you may need an ASIO driver (check out ASIO4ALL).

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 05:39 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 23 2007, 12:29 AM) *
You need to configure it to work with your soundcard, and you may need an ASIO driver (check out ASIO4ALL).

So do u need to buy a new soundcard to run it ?Like i have a fairly new computer for example it came with windows vista not even 6 months old is my soundcard not going to work probably.And what is asio?

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 05:48 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 23 2007, 12:39 AM) *
So do u need to buy a new soundcard to run it ?Like i have a fairly new computer for example it came with windows vista not even 6 months old is my soundcard not going to work probably.And what is asio?

Should be fine - ASIO is a device driver standard that works well for recording, it sorts out timing and delays. Most normal soundcards don;t come with ASIO drivers, high en audio one usually do. ASIO4ALL contains drivers for most normal soundcards so you can use it to present the right driver type to reraper, and it should work fine.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 05:58 AM
I think i will try to download it again and see if i cam get it to work.Thanks for the answers andrew.I want to figure it out but at same time dont want to drive someone crazy playing 50 questions laugh.gif Also good job on the collab on blues smile.gif Im working on mine right now thats why i really would like to have the reaper working

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
No Payne No Gain
Aug 23 2007, 06:10 AM
What are the advantages to Reaper vs. Audacity?

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 06:25 AM
ok i tryed to use asio and it says No asio drivers please configure your audio.Anyone know what to do?

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 06:33 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 23 2007, 01:25 AM) *
ok i tryed to use asio and it says No asio drivers please configure your audio.Anyone know what to do?

Download ASIO4ALL from here and you should be set smile.gif

QUOTE (No Payne No Gain @ Aug 23 2007, 01:10 AM) *
What are the advantages to Reaper vs. Audacity?

Audacity is really a wavefile editing tool. Its a good one and can do some simple multitracking but is limited.

Reaper is a full on multitrack recording encironment with all te bells and whistles such as virtual instrument and effect support, midi etc etc etc.

Audacity will get you started but if you want to do more than record yourself with maybe a drum loop you need reaper or a similar program such as Cubase, Logic etc.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Aug 23 2007, 06:33 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 23 2007, 06:51 AM
Andrew YOUR THE MAN biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ok i got sound now just to figure out how to use it all laugh.gif Thanks alot for the help.Lets see how far i can get on it now before im stuck again.Thanks again

Shredmandan

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 07:01 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 23 2007, 01:51 AM) *
Andrew YOUR THE MAN biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ok i got sound now just to figure out how to use it all laugh.gif Thanks alot for the help.Lets see how far i can get on it now before im stuck again.Thanks again
Shredmandan

Cool - enjoy!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:45 PM