> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Lester's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2016, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep me updated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lester
Feb 24 2016, 08:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi mate, smile.gif

I was wondering something about my practice routine:

After the first assignments of the Applied theory workout I started practicing some more lessons to help me improvising:

First phrases by Kristofer Dahl
and the Rhythm workours by Stephane Lucarelli.

I am also still practicing muse, bendy blues, beginner solo and the Megadeth lesson.

So I started the next series of exercises of the applied theory workout, a little bit late, I admit biggrin.gif
But I would rather understand all the theory that's there first...do the exercises to memorize the fretboard and such..
But also in that way I can never make the deadline.
Do you mind if I take those and do them at my own tempo and then upload the assignments here at a later time? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2016, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester,

that's perfect! Don't worry about guidelines, take your time to work on each assignment and also to get back to an old one every time you want. You can post your works here but also at the thread even when you are sharing something based on an old assignment. It can encourage other students to share their work.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Feb 26 2016, 09:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Great, thanks! biggrin.gif

I'll upload some new takes soon, I think I've made some good progress wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2016, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Mar 3 2016, 10:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi mate,

some updates on the bendy blues and beginner solo, let me know what you think wink.gif
The timing on both of them is not optimal, I'm not in my best form tonight...but on the beginner solo I really tried to get the bends on the right pitch.
Something that didn't go very well in the bendy blues, but I just need a little bit more power in my hands in that lesson to get it right, I'll get there biggrin.gif

Hmm..I don't see the videos appear...they are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OnE1rJ0wA...eature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umfwrm7uig

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2016, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester,

Great to find new videos from you here. I have to say that your bends on the bendy blues lesson are really good! I notice that you have been working this technique in the right way. The next step is to polish some of those licks that are not sounding tight or consistent. There are many parts that aren't clean or defined so you need to isolate the tricky sections on work on them.

The other lesson is not bad but I would give it another chance. I think that the timing issues are the main issue so you need to work at a slower tempo to be sure that you can play each lick correctly. Focus on timing and the sound of each note.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Mar 7 2016, 09:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the feedback mate! smile.gif

I will focus more on the timing and tightness/cleanness of playing. Were the pitch of the bends in the beginner solo lesson o.k. though?
Then I know that my ear is not fooling me wink.gif because I thought the pitch in the bendy blues lesson was still a little bit off at times, I was quite happy with the beginner solo lesson with the bends smile.gif

I'll get back to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2016, 02:17 PM
Instructor
yes, most of the bends are on pitch, but some are a bit below the pitch (but very close).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Mar 19 2016, 02:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Haha good, someday I'll get there with those bend pitches wink.gif

I was practicing "Still got the blues" the other day and I must say I can really notice the improvement. Also in other solo's I used to do before, so these are great exercices smile.gif

Sorry for being a little less active btw, I am trying to graduate for my masters degree, so I don't always find the time I'd like to practice.
I do have learned myself a new habit of practicing at least 30 min a day to rehearse all the lessons and play all of them about 5 times.
It doesn't necessarily always make me feel like I;m progressing that much, but then at least I'm not getting any worse tongue.gif

But then again, I'd like a little bit more time to dig into theory and jam a little bit with the applied theory course, I'll try and pick that up again after the deadlines smile.gif

What would you say about those practice routines? do you have separate days for theory?

Lester

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2016, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester, I understand and I think that keeping the habit of diary practice is an EXCELLENT plan to keep your playing improving. The improvement will be slow because of the amount of time but it is "progress", which is totally positive. I don't think that you need to cover everything every day, you can work on 1 topic each day, and play at least once or twice other stuff that you are also practicing to keep your playing in shape.

About theory, maybe you can read about theory when you are traveling or at places where you can't play guitar. Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Mar 21 2016, 11:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, keeping the daily practice really helps in gaining strength in the fingers and endurance. Most of the times I play up to 45 minutes or an hour, but the very minimum at least is 30 mins.

I was already trying to divide the topics, like the applied music theory, rhythm workouts by Stephane combined with the jamming and first phrases Lesson by Kris.
The thing is that I do notice that it really takes more than 30 mins to dig into some new concepts...

I do try and read when I have the time and I do travel a lot by public transport, thing is that I am already reading research papers most of the time tongue.gif

We'll see...I guess I am on the right track, I'll just take my time and post some new takes when I'm ready or have a question. Thanks! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2016, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Apr 28 2016, 12:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

Sorry for not posting in a while, I have been very busy on the university.
Like we discussed earlier, I do still practice everyday and I hope to have a take ready soon that I'm happy with.
The main problem is that I don't really take time to learn anything new lately, because it takes more time then just rehearsing what I already know.
But I hope I can pick that up again soon and post some new stuff here.

I've also started a blues band in the meantime with a few friends, we hope to play a small gig in a few months.
Would you mind if I post some of my practice progress on the songs for feedback?

Cheers,
Lester

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 29 2016, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester, nice to hear from you!

It's important to at least keep practising every day your current routine and add new stuff as soon as you find some extra time to learn it. It's also a great idea to start playing with a band, it's very motivating and there are things that you learn with bands that you don't learn from lessons. I'm totally open to check your songs and give feedback.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
May 2 2016, 01:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Great!

We are in fact a coverband, so we will play a few existing (mostly blues) songs.
Our first 2 songs we are rehearsing are Mountain climbing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJ8bT3W1D0

I am focussing on the solo at 2:48 smile.gif

And then we are playing Still got the blues by Gary Moore, but I will focus on the rhythm part there and the other guitarist will take the lead guitar.

I'll try and have something to show soon! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2016, 09:50 PM
Instructor
Both are killer tracks! Looking forward to hear you playing them. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
May 10 2016, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

So I was working on the Mountain Climbing song by Joe Bonamassa and the solo is doable, except for the last part, which is way too fast for me.
I've added the tabs and I am talking about the part after where it says "bar x6 full"

Do you have any suggestions on how to make something doable out of that? is there a logical approach? or just try a little bit? smile.gif

Also, how could I figure out which scale this is?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2016, 12:47 AM
Instructor
Great to know that you are working on this song! I like the groove of it and the solo is killer as many Joe's solos.

The last part is full of fast licks played in Pentatonic scale. This kind of patterns are very used in blues rock and require to be worked over metronome for some time to be able to play them fast. I recommend you to isolate it and work on this patterns in different parts of the neck to incorporate the idea to your own solos and also to use economic technique that allows you to play fast.

There are some lessons that can help you:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...onic-sequences/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Killer...kk-Wylde-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ed-pentatonics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...licks-advanced/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...itution-lesson/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
May 11 2016, 05:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Great, thanks a lot! Some hard lessons there! biggrin.gif

What exactly is economy technique? I think I've heard it before somewhere, but I forgot what is was smile.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:38 AM