Post Pictures Of Your Pets
fkalich
Oct 20 2016, 04:48 AM
GMC:er
Todd and I were discussing dogs, and as this forum has not had one of these threads in a number of years, at least that I have seen, I thought to post one. Cats, hamsters, snakes, horn toads, fish all are welcome.

The Poo-Wawa and Yorkie-Poo are my sister's, they spend a lot of time with me though, she just lives down the street. She never takes her dogs places, so I always pick them up to accompany my dogs on our daily outings.

We have a great spacious dog park with trails through the woods and a dog beach on the lake where the dogs can swim.

The 2 miniature Australian Shepherds, the miniature Aussie-Poo , and the Chi-Weenie are mine.

The Australian Shepherd breed actually did not originate in Australia, the name is a misnomer. They are a mix of several herding dogs brought to California and the American Southwest in the 19th century, and native American dogs. They often have blue eyes, native Americans had a name for them, "ghost dogs".

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 20 2016, 06:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Rammikin
Oct 20 2016, 06:21 AM
Experienced Rock Star
No, don't tell me that! I've always had this image of Australian Shepherds chasing sheep in the outback. You've ruined that smile.gif. But, they're great dogs anyway.

Here's pumpkin:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 20 2016, 06:47 AM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Oct 20 2016, 12:21 AM) *
No, don't tell me that! I've always had this image of Australian Shepherds chasing sheep in the outback. You've ruined that smile.gif. But, they're great dogs anyway.

Here's pumpkin:

Looks like you have a tuxedo cat, from what I can see. Or maybe not, I can't tell for sure. But she is a very pretty kitty. I had a tuxedo cat, his grave is in my back yard, I will never forget him.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 20 2016, 06:55 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 20 2016, 06:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 20 2016, 04:48 AM) *
They often have blue eyes, native Americans had a name for them, "ghost dogs".

Very fitting name smile.gif dogs with blue eyes look so cool. One of my dogs had blue eyes when she was a pup but they changed to brown as she got a bit older.

Attached Image

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 20 2016, 06:57 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 20 2016, 12:48 AM) *
Very fitting name smile.gif dogs with blue eyes look so cool. One of my dogs had blue eyes when she was a pup but they changed to brown as she got a bit older.

Attached Image

What breed are they? I am usually got at identifying breeds, but your dog's stump me.

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 20 2016, 07:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 20 2016, 06:57 AM) *
What breed are they? I am usually got at identifying breeds, but your dog's stump me.

they are both a bit of a mix. we got them from a rescue place. They are part staffordshire bull terrier but I dont know what else was in the mix .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2016, 08:01 AM
Love my Pups smile.gif
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 20 2016, 11:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Sometimes looking at cute pictures of animals is the only way I get through the day. Thank God for https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 20 2016, 02:04 PM
Neptune, RIP

Attached Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 21 2016, 02:06 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 20 2016, 02:01 AM) *
Love my Pups smile.gif

The first two dogs either either look alike or they are the same dog. They all all look happy.

Here are mine in our sleeping quarters. Three tiered beds next adjoining a wall of amplifiers, camp mattresses below the last bed. One of them had surgery this year for a torn ACL, I don't want to go though that expense and trouble again if I can help it.

Attached Image

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 20 2016, 08:04 AM) *
Neptune, RIP

Attached Image

My BoBo died April 30th last year, 14 years old, collapsed near the lake at the dog park. I carried him to my truck and pet him as he passed. There is this 1960's Australian folk band that I really think were great called the Seekers. They had this song that still when I hear it brings tears because it makes me think of BoBo, my constant companion all those years, at my side 99.9% of the time, even when I was at work. The .1% was because he could not go into grocery stores with me.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 21 2016, 04:27 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Yeah! It's been quite a while since we had a pet thread. smile.gif We have a new addition to the family since last December when my Father passed and we took in little PJ. Also pictured is our resident squirrel which we named Tuffy because he is a badass little squirrel who seems to think he owns the place. biggrin.gif

Here is Mobley on the left and PJ on the right kickin' it on the loveseat.
Attached Image

And Tuffy the squirrel enjoying some peanuts. He like to get on top of the bird feeder and look out at the lake while he eats sometimes.
Attached Image

We also have lots of visitors during the spring, summer and fall. This year it was a family of 5 swans and a couple of Sandhill Cranes that were frequent visitors.

Here is a short vid of Mobley when he was still a pup but movin' up.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 21 2016, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 21 2016, 04:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 21 2016, 04:27 PM) *
Here is Mobley on the left and PJ on the right kickin' it on the loveseat.

Is Mobley ( cool name btw ) a chocolate lab?
I had a choc lab years ago and she was one of the nicest dogs Id ever known. Ive had a soft spot for that breed ever since smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 21 2016, 04:50 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 21 2016, 07:34 AM) *
Is Mobley ( cool name btw ) a chocolate lab?
I had a choc lab years ago and she was one of the nicest dogs Id ever known. Ive had a soft spot for that breed ever since smile.gif

Yeah he's a Chocolate. At least partly. When we got him I saw the Mother which was a Yellow Lab but I never saw the Father and even though the lady that sold him to us says the Father was a Lab as well, we are a bit skeptical. Either way, we love the little terror. biggrin.gif
Mobley is our second Lab. Our first one's name was Dude and he was the best and smartest dog I have even known. I have him buried in the yard in a little fenced off area with his image etched into a piece of granite as a headstone. RIP Dude.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 21 2016, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 23 2016, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately since my last Dog and Cat passed the only Pets I've kept at home are these ones:-
Attached Image

Although, at my Girlfriends House we do have a Rescue Cat called Maisie. One of my Girlfriends Work Colleagues had bought the kitten only to find it contravened her Rental Agreement so we took her in!
Attached Image

biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2016, 07:30 PM
Yup smile.gif The first two pics are the same dog smile.gif Her name is CHINA and she is a cutie smile.gif She gets along great with the other dog, SCHATZI a German Spitz. She is 10 and he is 14. So both are not young and I won't have them for very much longer before they go the great playground in the sky smile.gif I feel very sad for your loss of Bobo. It's like losing a family member or maybe a bit worse as all Dogs know is love. They are not capable of cruelty or selfishness, so it's sometimes easier to bond with dogs than people, even family.

Todd

QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 20 2016, 09:06 PM) *
The first two dogs either either look alike or they are the same dog. They all all look happy.

Here are mine in our sleeping quarters. Three tiered beds next adjoining a wall of amplifiers, camp mattresses below the last bed. One of them had surgery this year for a torn ACL, I don't want to go though that expense and trouble again if I can help it.

Attached Image

My BoBo died April 30th last year, 14 years old, collapsed near the lake at the dog park. I carried him to my truck and pet him as he passed. There is this 1960's Australian folk band that I really think were great called the Seekers. They had this song that still when I hear it brings tears because it makes me think of BoBo, my constant companion all those years, at my side 99.9% of the time, even when I was at work. The .1% was because he could not go into grocery stores with me.

+Quote Post
Stenchovdeth
Jan 7 2017, 06:09 AM
Couple of pics of my best ever bird dog.
I got her as a 7 week old pup from a friend who took a 6 month security contract in Hong Kong.
He left her with me but I was reluctant at first as I already have four other security dogs at the time (Dobermanns).
My children swayed my decision to let her stay..temporarily!
....that was 6 years ago huh.gif
"ROCKA"
is a boxer cross german short haired pointer which explains her stalking/hunting temperament.
A very robust canine fiercely protective of family and loyal to the bone.
A very team focused and extremely quiet hunting companion, my best bird dog ever.
Not the biggest dog on the planet but she will work/swim and follow strictest of command scripts all day and still ask for more.

Needless to say when my friend returned to collect his dog it was already far too late as she had made her place in the pack.

This post has been edited by Stenchovdeth: Jan 7 2017, 06:14 AM

--------------------

HUMANITY IS TEMPORARY || STRUGGLE IS FOREVER

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 7 2017, 04:19 PM
Learning Rock Star

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 7 2017, 04:20 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2017, 03:41 AM
Couple more just cause I saw this thread come alive again smile.gif Love my pups!! Even though both are Seniors, I still think of them as pups smile.gif
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 17 2017, 05:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just reviving this thread with a new picture:

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 17 2017, 05:43 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 18 2017, 01:51 AM
My little black dog China is 13 YEARS OLD and my White Fluffy Dog Schatzi (German for beloved) is 15 YEARS OLD! That means he is over 100 YEARS OLD in human terms. Yet both dogs still act like happy puppies smile.gif They are both starting to show their age a bit recently which is very sad. China has got bad arthritis in her hips and scahtzi has it in his front legs. They both need wads of meds and both see the vet about once a month. They have have about $3,000 worth of Vet visits this year. Thank God for the Wellness plan @ Banfield Pet hospital which is only $100 a month for both or It would be hard to afford their care. Going to the vet again on Friday about Chinas back legs just not working nearly at all. So sad to see her drag herself around sad.gif It's awful to see your pets get old and frail. Like watching members of your family waste away. sad.gif They are both still happy dogs so that's really all one can ask smile.gif

Todd
Schatzi loves Snow as he is descended from Wolves of the far far north. During a good snow he will often howl like a wolf smile.gif
Attached Image
China is just as funny as when she was a pup. smile.gif
Attached Image
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 20 2016, 03:01 AM) *
Love my Pups smile.gif
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 18 2017, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:23 AM