Recording With Korg Ax1500g, How to?
seagull
Jul 14 2008, 07:04 PM
GMC:er
Hey fellow GMC'ers!

I had almost transferred the money for a POD XT tonight when I came to think: "Hey, I have an old Korg effects processor in my closet. "
And since the reason I was getting the POD was for recording, I figured it'd be sweet if I could save the money and just use my Korg AX1500G.
So, is it possible, and if, how?

I know it's not the best, but as I'm saving for at trip around the world, it'd be nice to save some money. smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
/Seagull

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
seagull
Jul 14 2008, 09:26 PM
Anyone?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 14 2008, 10:19 PM
Instructor
Well, what sound card do you have?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
seagull
Jul 15 2008, 11:40 AM
Standard motherboard on-board soundcard. sad.gif

Is it necessary to get a new one?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 15 2008, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Aslong as you have a "line-in" option on your soundcard, then it is possible. But i cant guarantee that the latency or soundquality will be optimal.

You could always buy a cheap USB-soundcard, that way you can save some money and still get some use of the Korg processor

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jul 15 2008, 01:45 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 15 2008, 02:17 PM
Instructor
I recommend cheap PCI card, maybe 0404 PCI for nice recordings.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
seagull
Jul 15 2008, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 15 2008, 02:44 PM) *
Aslong as you have a "line-in" option on your soundcard, then it is possible. But i cant guarantee that the latency or soundquality will be optimal.

You could always buy a cheap USB-soundcard, that way you can save some money and still get some use of the Korg processor

I have a line-in on the sound card. So what cable should I get to connect the processor to the soundcard?

I'm buying a new computer in a month or so, so I don't want to spend money on a new sound-card, as I had in mind to buy the PC with a good one.

Sound quality can only be better than the standard computer-mic. I've been using 'till now. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 15 2008, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (seagull @ Jul 15 2008, 03:18 PM) *
I have a line-in on the sound card. So what cable should I get to connect the processor to the soundcard?

I'm buying a new computer in a month or so, so I don't want to spend money on a new sound-card, as I had in mind to buy the PC with a good one.

Sound quality can only be better than the standard computer-mic. I've been using 'till now. tongue.gif

You will need a ordinary jack to jack instrument cable, with a mini-jack converter on one end. (I assume the plugs on your soundcards are minijacks). Then just drag the cable from the output of the Korg to the input of the soundcard.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
seagull
Jul 15 2008, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 15 2008, 04:52 PM) *
You will need a ordinary jack to jack instrument cable, with a mini-jack converter on one end. (I assume the plugs on your soundcards are minijacks). Then just drag the cable from the output of the Korg to the input of the soundcard.

Cool, I'll get a converter in the morning. Thanks a bunch for the help! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jul 15 2008, 11:05 PM
I strongly recommend buying a M-audio Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard. You can probably get it for around 100 USD, and a latency at a good 7 ms or so smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
seagull
Jul 18 2008, 01:52 PM
Okay, I got the plug, did as you said Trond, but there is no response in the input... sad.gif

I'm using Audacity, is that an ok program for that? are there any drivers that need be installed?

thanks in advance!

+Quote Post
seagull
Jul 18 2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry for the double post, but no need to answer my question anymore, figured it out. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:43 PM