2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Track "the Nameless"
Ben Higgins
Feb 29 2016, 09:26 PM
Instructor
If you like slow, lumbering riffs and lots of wind then this track is for you. My latest with my usual partners in crime, Andrea & Martino - the Italian Stallions (I presume) rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Feb 29 2016, 09:39 PM
GMC:er
Sweetness. Very cool.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Feb 29 2016, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 29 2016, 10:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Holy Shit snacks! ohmy.gif That's some dark and doomy awesome right there, its brilliant. seriously duder, your music is just killer. you really deserve to be stupidly huge with this stuff. smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 29 2016, 11:32 PM
Very cool track!!! Has lots more space in it than I was expecting which is a good thing. It really works tonaly and rythmically. It's really tough sometimes (for me for sure) to leave enough space for the notes to live in.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 1 2016, 06:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
This song is killer!!! I love this dark mood and the part which start from 3:52 it sounds absolutely brilliant. It's exactly that kind of melodic idea which remains forever in the mind of the listener wink.gif Your song made me to abuse the replay button and guess what I do now.......I press again on replay biggrin.gif Huge congrats for this song!!!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Mar 1 2016, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 1 2016, 07:35 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great stuff Ben! I see you have been practising

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 1 2016, 09:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Feb 29 2016, 08:39 PM) *
Sweetness. Very cool.

Thanks man, cool profile pic!

QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 29 2016, 09:15 PM) *
Holy Shit snacks! ohmy.gif That's some dark and doomy awesome right there, its brilliant. seriously duder, your music is just killer. you really deserve to be stupidly huge with this stuff. smile.gif

Thanks my man.. I misread the last sentence as "...with this stiff"

I should slow down when reading rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 29 2016, 10:32 PM) *
Very cool track!!! Has lots more space in it than I was expecting which is a good thing. It really works tonaly and rythmically. It's really tough sometimes (for me for sure) to leave enough space for the notes to live in.

Thanks T... yeah altho people may know me as that 'shredder' guy, I like to demonstrate that the guitar is just another instrument, to be used in crafting the overall atmosphere. It doesn't always have to be dominating everything and playing loads of notes. It was behind my thinking for some of the tracks from the '..Satan' album. Although some of the tracks had definite verse / chorus type lead lines much of it was more about using the guitar to create an overall sound scape.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 1 2016, 05:29 AM) *
This song is killer!!! I love this dark mood and the part which start from 3:52 it sounds absolutely brilliant. It's exactly that kind of melodic idea which remains forever in the mind of the listener wink.gif Your song made me to abuse the replay button and guess what I do now.......I press again on replay biggrin.gif Huge congrats for this song!!!! smile.gif

Thank you.... please abuse the button as much as you like!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 1 2016, 06:35 AM) *
Great stuff Ben! I see you have been practising

I try, Hef, I try. I'm still waiting for you to bestow your ultimate Germanic knowledge upon me but I guess I'm just not ready yet. I will continue my studies, teacher! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 1 2016, 01:32 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Amazing new song Ben!
You just invented PROGRESSIVE DOOM!!! Oh yeah copyrighted smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 1 2016, 04:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Hlio @ Mar 1 2016, 12:32 PM) *
Amazing new song Ben!
You just invented PROGRESSIVE DOOM!!! Oh yeah copyrighted smile.gif

Haha thanks man wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Mar 1 2016, 04:16 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 1 2016, 04:31 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 1 2016, 09:55 AM) *
I will continue my studies, teacher! biggrin.gif

Not bad Nipper! All that practice seems to be paying off.
Not long before you attain the unreachable Lil Wayne level!!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 1 2016, 04:41 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Bravo, Sir Higgins! This is quite possibly your best work to date from where I am standing. It's really great to see you stretching out, man. Congrats to you and your awesome rhythm section as well. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Mar 1 2016, 05:22 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Pretty epic! Can you comment on the writing, arrangement, recording, production, etc.?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 1 2016, 08:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 1 2016, 03:31 PM) *
Not long before you attain the unreachable Lil Wayne level!!!!
biggrin.gif

Now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 1 2016, 03:41 PM) *
Bravo, Sir Higgins! This is quite possibly your best work to date from where I am standing. It's really great to see you stretching out, man. Congrats to you and your awesome rhythm section as well. cool.gif

Thanks Rich... what is it about this track, do you think? Andrea probably ranks it as one of our best, if not best, as well.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 1 2016, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Mar 1 2016, 04:22 PM) *
Pretty epic! Can you comment on the writing, arrangement, recording, production, etc.?

Thanks. I usually come up with stuff along the way as I'm working on it. So each riff you hear in any of my songs is usually in the order it was composed in. So for this one, I was playing around and came up with the opening chord licks. That led into the menacing main arpeggios. It was the logical next step to heavy it up and use those arpeggios as a main feature.

The arrangement is quite sparse so the challenge with the main riff was not letting too much underlying noise occur on the gain channel because it was noticeable.

I've been using Overloud TH3.. The clean / dirty intro is the Marshall JVM but all heavy rhythm is TH3. The repeating double tracked lead melody is also JVM. Even the bass has a TH3 preset chucked on it to bring out the mid range click.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 1 2016, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 1 2016, 08:00 PM) *
Now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves!! biggrin.gif

Well, I know it will be a long and arduous journey, but you are farther up that road than any of us mere Mortals!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 2 2016, 04:41 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Great stuff! cool.gif Love how this song builds up and has this mysterious vibe to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 2 2016, 10:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 1 2016, 08:10 PM) *
Well, I know it will be a long and arduous journey, but you are farther up that road than any of us mere Mortals!!!
biggrin.gif

If you accept me as your guitar saviour and convert to Higgyism I will lead you and share with you all my secret gnosis! ph34r.gif

For only £5,000 a month. Non refundable.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 2 2016, 03:41 AM) *
Great stuff! cool.gif Love how this song builds up and has this mysterious vibe to it.

Thanks Joe!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 2 2016, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 2 2016, 10:11 AM) *
If you accept me as your guitar saviour and convert to Higgyism I will lead you and share with you all my secret gnosis! ph34r.gif

For only £5,000 a month. Non refundable.

For that price there'd better be Donuts included!!!
laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 2 2016, 07:59 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 1 2016, 10:00 AM) *
Thanks Rich... what is it about this track, do you think? Andrea probably ranks it as one of our best, if not best, as well.

You're welcome. smile.gif In a word I think it is the dynamics of the track that makes it so captivating. Right from the opening set up of the theme, the use of dynamics keeps me glued to listening. And from there on throughout the track there are the slow buildings of tension and release. All of these things combined with technique, note choice and making every note count, or important, are very well done and do exactly what they are supposed to do, which is to keep the listener interested and curious as to what will happen next. Of course the theme and mood of the track play a big part in all of this but it is the dynamics used to illustrate the theme and mood is what brings the listener to the place that you have created in your mind. So congrats, to you and your mates on a job well done. cool.gif

PS: This track would be awesome as part of a movie score or as a movie theme I think.

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 2 2016, 08:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 2 2016, 06:59 PM) *
PS: This track would be awesome as part of a movie score or as a movie theme I think.

Totally smile.gif
I heard that Stephen Kings 'dark Tower' was being made into a movie...... C'mon, the gunslinger following the man in black across a desert all foreboding and doom laden? It would be a crime not to use this track in the score.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:54 PM