Beautiful Epi Les Paul
Praetorian
Dec 19 2009, 01:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
My local used guitar dealer just got this one in stock. It is a 1996 Epi Les Paul with Long Neck Tenon. I have never seen that color green before on a Les Paul. I love it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 19 2009, 01:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
How much?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 19 2009, 02:22 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 18 2009, 07:46 PM) *
How much?

Here is the write up on it:

1996 Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Long Neck Tenon, w/upgrades, (front/back), (headstock), (neck tenon), (upgrades), (strap locks). Where do I begin... This is a rare guitar, from the Limited Edition AA flamed greenburst finish - to the long neck tenon - and that's before I mention some tasteful upgrades. This is a well-built guitar, made in Epi's Korean factory, and at least for this model, they were using a long neck tenon, which is a very desirable feature, normally found only on Epi's high-end guitars like the Elitist Les Paul, Slash signature Goldtop, and the '59 Ltd, basically guitars that sell for $899-$1199 - and Gibson's Historic Series. Benefits of this construction method are increased sustain and a increased note clarity. It's the way Les Pauls were originally built but fell by the wayside when it was determined that it wasn't worth the extra expense in manufacturing. Other than Custom Shop and Historics, most Pauls have the short tenon - even the early (aka Pre-reissues '83-'93) '59 Reissues didn't have the long tenon, which was one of the gripes that Gibson finally responded to around '94. Aside from that noteworthy feature, this guitar has some nice upgrades, most notably a pair of Gibson humbuckers with a 490R in the neck; 498T in the bridge. Coinciding with the pickup upgrade, pots were all switched to USA Gibson as well as the bumblebee cap. One final upgrade is Dunlop strap pins - with strap locks included with this guitar. Overall very nice shape for a used guitar with a few minor scratches or dings in the clearcoat only, nothing that goes down to the wood. The worst flaw is an extra strap pin hole that's been color matched and clear coated over (pic here) that's barely noticeable in person. Frets are perfect and this guitar has an excellent setup. You can buy a new Standard Plus, buy a case, and have these upgrades done, and you'll be into the guitar for close to $1K. Here's one that's already done, and it's just $599 -INCLUDING Epi hardshell case.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 19 2009, 11:24 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Interesting.I believe it's worth it, specially considering the pups upgrade, as long as it actually feels good when playing it. (Neck, action, fret buzz, etc.)

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 19 2009, 01:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
This is a really fair price for this instrument!
If you want a green (yuk!) Les Paul then go for it! But remeber that even the best Epi does not sounds as good as a Gibson...

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Dec 19 2009, 01:39 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 19 2009, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
I've gotten into this conversation twice now, with two different people, and I still insist that this is like the ONE green guitar that actually looks good. I think the other example (also a les paul) was a quilt top rather than this one's flame. either way, the rich green and cream bindings work here quite well together. Kinda reminds me of a billiard ball... the 6-ball I think.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 19 2009, 04:03 PM
Instructor
that should be a good guitar, but buy it JUST if it feels good, and i mean GOOD, not just "oh it looks cool and it's kinda rare", trust me on this one, been there like 5 times, and end up having a good looking crappy guitar.

So then i went, "ok let's change the radius a little, get new jumbo frrets, new pickups, new tuners, and then the guitar get kinda cool, BUT you got a $1000+ guitar with "epiphone" on the headstock ohmy.gif

Hope you get my point smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
sted
Dec 19 2009, 11:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Looks nice, dont know if its the photo but the top doesnt look particularly well matched, but the spec is pretty good for an epi.

+Quote Post
Deleted
Dec 19 2009, 11:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Really awesome! ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2009, 03:23 AM
Instructor
Cool deal for 600$. I would personally collect a bit more cash and aim for Gibson LP Studio, it has much better sound than this. But this looks better I guess..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Dec 21 2009, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Dec 18 2009, 07:39 PM) *
My local used guitar dealer just got this one in stock. It is a 1996 Epi Les Paul with Long Neck Tenon. I have never seen that color green before on a Les Paul. I love it!

Dude, you're local to that guy? I hit that site every day and drool over some of the gear that gets posted. Haven't pulled the trigger on any of the stuff yet but I'm getting closer.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 22 2009, 03:22 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Dec 21 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Dude, you're local to that guy? I hit that site every day and drool over some of the gear that gets posted. Haven't pulled the trigger on any of the stuff yet but I'm getting closer.

I'm VERY close to him! He is about 20 minutes away!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 19 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Cool deal for 600$. I would personally collect a bit more cash and aim for Gibson LP Studio, it has much better sound than this. But this looks better I guess..

I'm not interested in buying it...I am a Strat man after all! I just don't find the Les Paul shape comfortable to play. I just thought it was sweet looking!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 23 2009, 01:20 AM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Dec 19 2009, 04:29 AM) *
I've gotten into this conversation twice now, with two different people, and I still insist that this is like the ONE green guitar that actually looks good. I think the other example (also a les paul) was a quilt top rather than this one's flame. either way, the rich green and cream bindings work here quite well together. Kinda reminds me of a billiard ball... the 6-ball I think.

Green is a hard color to work with so there aren't too many nice looking ones out there, but there is this great candy green color...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 23 2009, 01:27 AM
QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Dec 22 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Green is a hard color to work with so there aren't too many nice looking ones out there, but there is this great candy green color...

Disagree. That strat could use a lot less black hardware with the green. I could be persuaded by an off-white pick guard... maybe.

What's missing is the quilt or flame which gives a much warmer green. This green and black thing that you've attached is not a rich warm green at all.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 23 2009, 01:29 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
^^^^Now that is a sweet looking green guitar. Is that one of the new Charvel's Wayne is producing?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:54 PM