> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Krakou's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2013, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi krakou!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not really just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
krakou
Jan 30 2013, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

First a little intro.
I'm a old guy(43) from Belgium trying to produce some interesting sound with its guitar.
Can't be called a beginner, but only playing for 6 years now, so let's say semi-beginner.

I know this site since my early days with learning guitar, but at that moment, even the easiest lessons was already too much for me.
It means I've watched a lot, worked a lot too, but sometimes without clear results.
Now I've improved a little, and I would say lessons taggued as difficulty = 3 are ok (not always ).

So what I propose you is to challenge me a little bit if you agree.

If you want to have an idea of how I'm playing now, here is a link to 2 videos (the only 2) posted last year on youtube.
It was for 2 contest, without any objectif to won something of course, just pleasure to be heard by friends and other people. For the French Guitar Contest, I'm playing at 110%, I've had to make a lot of tests before achieving that result on a one shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMOZJ4oLwn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDdaAZoqGg

Et voilà !

Up to you :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2013, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Your guitar playing is already very cool! Your phrasing is very tasty, and both your tone and vibrato are good. I don't find timing issues in your solos. I think that you should work on technique to be able to play faster licks in some sections.

Which are you favourite musicians?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Jan 30 2013, 06:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 30 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Hi mate! Your guitar playing is already very cool! Your phrasing is very tasty, and both your tone and vibrato are good. I don't find timing issues in your solos. I think that you should work on technique to be able to play faster licks in some sections.

Which are you favourite musicians?

Tnx a lot for your kind words !!

So here is the list..
David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Gibbons, Angus Young

I like a lot that kind of playing, Mike Slamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uusPWKMky0

And here a friend of mine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VVKL3FiMRg

I like also stoner rock, Kyuss, QOTSA, Red Fang, Fu Manchu

Voilà !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2013, 02:30 AM
Instructor
Your musical taste are wide but everything is connected! I really liked Mike Slamer's playing, his technique an style are killer! Your friend's track is also interesting!

What do you think if we start with this lesson?: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Modal_...ntatonic_Scale/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Jan 31 2013, 10:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

Sure, ok for me, will try this and come back to you with a mp3 as soon as I reach a decent speed.
Will tell you from the beginning what is ok and what is too much.

I really like the "evil disguise lead" and "hyper blues" lessons of Zsolt, still a couple of steps too far for me now.

Bye

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2013, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Jan 31 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Hello,

Sure, ok for me, will try this and come back to you with a mp3 as soon as I reach a decent speed.
Will tell you from the beginning what is ok and what is too much.

I really like the "evil disguise lead" and "hyper blues" lessons of Zsolt, still a couple of steps too far for me now.

Bye

yeah! those are lesson that we should work in the near future! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Jan 31 2013, 08:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is first take on Zsolt penta lesson.
Please prepare your ears, they will bleed ;-)
Played at half speed (6 notes per beat, 50 bpm), once legato, once picked.
Timing is not accurate, some unwanted noises (played with gain on purpose).
At that speed, it's even easier for me to pick all the notes, when I do legato, it's not "rolling" perfectly, don't know if you see what I mean.
It will improve in the coming days/weeks wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  PentaZsolt.mp3 ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 187

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2013, 02:26 PM
Instructor
heheh don't worry mate! my ear wont bleed! The take is not bad! You are doing a good job. I think that you could practice this one a bit slower but trying to pick notes stronger to get used to a fuller sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 1 2013, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Good evening colonel

Think I've made some progress on the scale exercice, but not yet worth listening, it gets smoother.

I've also learned on of your old but famous lesson on this site, this one
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/blues-licks1/
I'm almost ok at when I play it a little bit slower than you (in fact I even prefer the way it sounds a little bit slower smile.gif)

I've also spent some minutes watching your chat, but to be honest, I don't really know what to write or say except, yeah, of course I appreciate a lot your sharing of knowledge (but to be honest, I'm not interested in your les paul, even if I don't doubt it is a great instrument :-)).

Take care

Bye

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 2 2013, 02:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello maestro !

Some saterday stuff here.

Two takes of the penta legato scale, one at 50, one at 60. 60 still too fast, 50 seems already better than 2 days ago, but maybe I'm wrong.

And one shot on your blues licks 1, played a little bit slower than the lesson, with room for improvement almost everywhere, bends are not perfect, timing is not perfect.

Hope everything is fine for you

Bye

Attached File(s)
Attached File  PentaZsolt50_02022013.mp3 ( 751.71K ) Number of downloads: 198
Attached File  PentaZsolt60_02022013.mp3 ( 688.75K ) Number of downloads: 190
Attached File  gabblueslicks1V1.mp3 ( 682.46K ) Number of downloads: 189

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2013, 06:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 1 2013, 05:33 PM) *
Good evening colonel

Think I've made some progress on the scale exercice, but not yet worth listening, it gets smoother.

I've also learned on of your old but famous lesson on this site, this one
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/blues-licks1/
I'm almost ok at when I play it a little bit slower than you (in fact I even prefer the way it sounds a little bit slower smile.gif)

I've also spent some minutes watching your chat, but to be honest, I don't really know what to write or say except, yeah, of course I appreciate a lot your sharing of knowledge (but to be honest, I'm not interested in your les paul, even if I don't doubt it is a great instrument :-)).

Take care

Bye

Hi mate! I didn't get what you mean about being not interested in my les paul! blink.gif

QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 2 2013, 10:46 AM) *
Hello maestro !

Some saterday stuff here.

Two takes of the penta legato scale, one at 50, one at 60. 60 still too fast, 50 seems already better than 2 days ago, but maybe I'm wrong.

And one shot on your blues licks 1, played a little bit slower than the lesson, with room for improvement almost everywhere, bends are not perfect, timing is not perfect.

Hope everything is fine for you

Bye

I checked the 3 takes and you are on the right track with this one! I notice a timing issue in the 60 bpm take, it seems that you do the hammering faster and then the following note is a bit longer, pay attention to that. The blues licks lesson is good but I also notice some little timing issues here and there, concentrate on it! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 3 2013, 09:57 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 2 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Hi mate! I didn't get what you mean about being not interested in my les paul! blink.gif

I checked the 3 takes and you are on the right track with this one! I notice a timing issue in the 60 bpm take, it seems that you do the hammering faster and then the following note is a bit longer, pay attention to that. The blues licks lesson is good but I also notice some little timing issues here and there, concentrate on it! wink.gif

No worry, it should be stupid belgian sense of humour.
It's just that every time I was landing on the chat, all the guys were just asking you questions about your guitar.
I'm more interested about the great sounds you get from it than from the guitar itself wink.gif

Yep, it's like I'm afraid to be late for the next group of 6 notes, then I go faster with the last hammer which becomes more like a trill.
What do you propose, should I stick at a speed where things are more or less rolling (around 50), or try faster hoping problems will solve with repetition.
If I repeat a mistake hundred times, maybe there is a great chance that it become a part of my game, not good..

Bye

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2013, 05:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 3 2013, 05:57 AM) *
No worry, it should be stupid belgian sense of humour.
It's just that every time I was landing on the chat, all the guys were just asking you questions about your guitar.
I'm more interested about the great sounds you get from it than from the guitar itself wink.gif

Yep, it's like I'm afraid to be late for the next group of 6 notes, then I go faster with the last hammer which becomes more like a trill.
What do you propose, should I stick at a speed where things are more or less rolling (around 50), or try faster hoping problems will solve with repetition.
If I repeat a mistake hundred times, maybe there is a great chance that it become a part of my game, not good..

Bye

ahh hahah sorry I didn't understand that! tongue.gif

Well, I think that we must go for option one. It's always important to work at comfortable tempos until you can play the exercises/licks/solo perfectly and the go to a higher tempo. Sometimes you can try at 5 or 10 bpm faster for some minutes but then you should get back to the previous tempo. It doesn't help to do repetitions of something bad played. Is it clear?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 3 2013, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 3 2013, 05:00 PM) *
ahh hahah sorry I didn't understand that! tongue.gif

Well, I think that we must go for option one. It's always important to work at comfortable tempos until you can play the exercises/licks/solo perfectly and the go to a higher tempo. Sometimes you can try at 5 or 10 bpm faster for some minutes but then you should get back to the previous tempo. It doesn't help to do repetitions of something bad played. Is it clear?

Crystal clear, it's also the way I understand this exercice.

By the way, if you think to another lesson, more "musical" than just scales, don't hesitate to challenge me a bit.
This afternoon, I've learned a Gilmour lesson from David Walliman, it was quite nice.

Have a nice afternoon

Krak'

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2013, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Challenge? Ok! What about one of these lessons? smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kenny-...pherd-Phrasing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stevie...pired_Phrasing/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 3 2013, 07:54 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 3 2013, 07:42 PM) *

This site is a goldmine !!

Let's go for Kenny Wayne this week, I'll try to propose what I'm able to do next week-end.
About the SRV, I will learn the licks, coz they are killing, but, arghh, I won't propose it to you next week end tongue.gif

Tnx a lot cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2013, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 3 2013, 03:54 PM) *
This site is a goldmine !!

Let's go for Kenny Wayne this week, I'll try to propose what I'm able to do next week-end.
About the SRV, I will learn the licks, coz they are killing, but, arghh, I won't propose it to you next week end tongue.gif

Tnx a lot cool.gif

hehehe yeah, it's full of awesome lessons! smile.gif Ok mate, I will wait for your takes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 5 2013, 02:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello !

Just to tell you I'm learning the KWS now, and really like the phrasing.

Also, here is my take of the Gilmour lesson from D. Walliman, cool to play.
Not perfect, but at least it doesn't sound rubbish..

Bye

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Gilmour_Walliman.mp3 ( 1.37MB ) Number of downloads: 195

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2013, 05:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 5 2013, 10:18 AM) *
Hello !

Just to tell you I'm learning the KWS now, and really like the phrasing.

Also, here is my take of the Gilmour lesson from D. Walliman, cool to play.
Not perfect, but at least it doesn't sound rubbish..

Bye

Nice take mate! I like the feeling of your playing on this take! It sounds very warm, well done! The only thing that you have to review is the pitch of some bends which isn't perfect but not too far.

Looking forward Kenny's lesson! Have you heard his songs?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:02 PM