> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Skate Punk, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

zoom
Oct 12 2011, 03:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Skate Punk by Gabriel Leopardi

SkAtE PuNk - REC2 Hi fellas - the big take 2 hope this get's over the line otherwise I might go back to the triangle.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Ben Higgins
Oct 13 2011, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Hey Zoom, while your take wasn't perfect, it showed a good rhymthic grasp of the main riffs. The opening riff is quite difficult because of picking between the strings. You started shaky but quickly found your feet. This type of riff is played with very light palm muting so, although it's not the full Metallica chug, it still has the side of the picking hand muting the E & A strings just enough to stop unwanted string noise or notes ringing out longer than they should.

Try working on this with that riff and see how you get on. You might find that muting the strings makes your picking a little shakier.. this is normal and picking whilst muting is something that needs to be practised by itself. In fact, most people always palm mute the low notes whenever they work on picking technicues. This means that the ability to mute is always there should they need it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 13 2011, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 13 2011, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Aside from agreeing to Ben's advice, I should add the fact that paying more attention to the groove will considerably improve your take! Start slowly and tap your foot to the ground while playing - nothing beats developing that internal metronome mate!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2011, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Ben advice is very important! It a very good take with some little timing issues specially in the last melody played with Octave Chords. Compare your take with my take and you'll note the difference in that part. By the way you did a good take. Keep on the good job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 15 2011, 10:27 PM
Instructor
It sounds very good, I like the raw tone on this one, and cool fretting techniques. The thing you need to work on is timing and picking dynamics. All in all, very good take, and keep working on it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 21 2011, 03:43 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7 on this attempt, keep working on it.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:22 AM