Mayones Duncan Semifinal, How many others did we have in this competition?
mroberts70
Feb 4 2013, 07:20 PM
GMC:er
I found Mr. DeGroot and Mr. Sokolov who I didn't realize was in the competition. I also knew Pavel was in the competition as well. You guys all did AMAZING!

Did we have anyone else from GMC in the competition?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2013, 08:07 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Congrats guys for being among the best ones! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 4 2013, 08:56 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Past instructors David Wailmann and Chowy Fernandez both had entries... both awesome and worth checking out BTW.

I'm sure there is more but I could hardly make a dent watching all the entries!

Here is the winner of the competition and it has stirred a bit of controversy because of the technical "outside" playing.
Not my personal favorite but I think its pretty spectacular and original. I can see why they choose this one.

I'd be curious to what know some of you think of it??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 4 2013, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Feb 4 2013, 06:20 PM) *
I found Mr. DeGroot and Mr. Sokolov who I didn't realize was in the competition. I also knew Pavel was in the competition as well. You guys all did AMAZING!

Congrats to DeGroot and Sokolov, well done! smile.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Feb 4 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Did we have anyone else from GMC in the competition?

I recorded an entry too, and reached the Top70. I guess the intro part wasn't the best of my ideas, now I know what to play on this section, but too late now...

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 5 2013, 04:27 AM
Learning Roadie
yeah I entered, but I didn't even make the top 100. :/ oh well. I gave it my heart and soul so I don't care anymore. smile.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 5 2013, 05:47 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 4 2013, 08:56 PM) *
Past instructors David Wailmann and Chowy Fernandez both had entries... both awesome and worth checking out BTW.

Here is the winner of the competition and it has stirred a bit of controversy because of the technical "outside" playing.
Not my personal favorite but I think its pretty spectacular and original. I can see why they choose this one.

Yeah amazing playing but by the end I was a bit ok. Very original though.

QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 4 2013, 09:20 PM) *

I recorded an entry too, and reached the Top70. I guess the intro part wasn't the best of my ideas, now I know what to play on this section, but too late now...

Wow! Jonas that was pertty awesome mate. good job. I agree it was a bit slow on the start only cause you suggested it laugh.gif The girls made up for it but. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 5 2013, 03:24 PM
QUOTE (zoom @ Feb 5 2013, 04:47 AM) *
Wow! Jonas that was pertty awesome mate. good job. I agree it was a bit slow on the start only cause you suggested it laugh.gif The girls made up for it but. smile.gif

Thanks a lot Sir! smile.gif

Yes, I've made sure to put something interesting even after my solo is finished smile.gif And the girls asked me to feature them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
osiris
Feb 5 2013, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 4 2013, 08:56 PM) *

Doesn't do anything for me... I'm old fashioned when it comes to solos. Even in hard metal, I really appreciate blues influences (think Mark Morton's solos in Lamb of God).

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 04:44 PM
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 4 2013, 03:20 PM) *

HAHA!! WOW Jonas, I totally missed it.... but I guess you and I haven't chatted back and forth much, I knew DeGroot was entered in awhile back.... That's why I posted this thread to see who all was in that I wasn't even aware of because they all sounded good to me.... smile.gif

In that top 70 list of finalists you made number 3 on this list!!! That was a very nice entry... you guys all kicked major A$$ on this.

Congrats man!!

Here is the link that I have for the YouTube list. Sorry, I can't embed it from the browser that I'm using right now, but the link should be good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhUj...kFtXVv-YWco9GSI

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Feb 5 2013, 04:55 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 5 2013, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Feb 5 2013, 03:44 PM) *
HAHA!! WOW Jonas, I totally missed it.... but I guess you and I haven't chatted back and forth much, I knew DeGroot was entered in awhile back.... That's why I posted this thread to see who all was in that I wasn't even aware of because they all sounded good to me.... smile.gif

In that top 70 list of finalists you made number 3 on this list!!! That was a very nice entry... you guys all kicked major A$$ on this.

Congrats man!!

Here is the link that I have for the YouTube list. Sorry, I can't imbed it from the browser that I'm using right now, but the link should be good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhUj...kFtXVv-YWco9GSI

Thanks so much for the link! I hope these are the official rankings, because being on the No.3 spot is a great feeling smile.gif Thanks for your kind words as well, I'm glad you liked it!

This post has been edited by Jonas Tamas: Feb 5 2013, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 5 2013, 04:51 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 4 2013, 08:20 PM) *

Congrats on the entry, Jonas! That is some seriously good playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 04:54 PM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 4 2013, 10:27 PM) *
yeah I entered, but I didn't even make the top 100. :/ oh well. I gave it my heart and soul so I don't care anymore. smile.gif

Dude, that was a great take! I wouldn't be too down about it... The winner was a talented player, but honestly for me personally I couldn't get into his entry so much. It was very technical and different, but seemed more rigid to me whereas I would have been looking for some more feeling to be put into the playing as well as technique.... but then again to each their own. wink.gif

Nothing wrong with your entry man, you should be pround of that piece. smile.gif

-Mark

QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 5 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Thanks so much for the link! I hope these are the official rankings, because being on the No.3 spot is a great feeling smile.gif Thanks for your kind words as well, I'm glad you liked it!

Those were some very nice clean sweeps, I liked those very much. One day maybe I'll do that like the rest of you guys... smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2013, 11:29 PM

Super Congrats Guys!!! smile.gif I saw this entry won and I can see what they seemed to be going for, something that just sounded fresh/unique, and that's understandable as they were probably deaf to all the fine melodic work in the other billion videos so they went with one that sounded way different. Probably the one that stuck out, as it is original. It is well played and written, and congrats to the winner but I'd have picked Degroot wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 4 2013, 02:56 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:25 PM