Great Canadian Guitarist, Steve Hill
Crazy_Diamond
Apr 15 2010, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi guys,

There is a guitarist that I really admire in my region, he his the lead guitarist for a lot of artist and Canada and more precisely in Quebec (If you know where it is wink.gif ). The guy is named Steve Hill and thrust me, you have to see this guy play. This guy as been playing with Jimmy Vaughan, ZZ tops, Buddy Guy and other players. He his well know for playing some crazy Rock and blues. Also he plays entirely with is fingers wich as allowed him to really develop his own style of playing.

I was listening to a tv show yesterday and Steve Hill was in, I had to browse a bit on youtube and I founded some video that I taught really interesting to share with you.

This video is one of my favorite..... It has appeared in a TV show where they where bringing Steve Hill to a gig. The car broke down and he took out is guitar for a little jam. I really like this technique of playing and I would be glad to see a lesson on GMC covering that type of fingerpicking.

This one is an example of his ability at the slide guitar.

And a live performance (bad audio quality)

Tell me what you think about his guy....
And if you know how to play like in the first video I woul really like to know how to do that sort of playing...

Enjoy !!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Apr 15 2010, 05:06 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2010, 08:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey thanks for sharing info about this player! I didn't know about him and I checked videos and he is very cool and has an unique style! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:53 AM