> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Bleez’s Building Speed Workshop, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2012, 07:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Bleez! This is your personal thread for the Gab's Army! As you are already working with Cosmin as a mentor we decided (after some PM messages) that we will only use this thread for posting the lessons that you are working on to give you feedback and to ask me question regarding anything you need. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 7 2012, 11:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome biggrin.gif
thanks Gab.

now, how do I get my fingers fast enough to play that bit in your sabbath lesson rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2012, 12:18 AM
Instructor
You have to work on Alternate picking exercises and lessons. I should first know your level on this technique. Do you have anything recorded?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 8 2012, 12:55 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 7 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Do you have anything recorded?

only the 2 webcam videos I posted in my thread in Cosmins section, the quality is not too good.
I downloaded the software that Ivan recommended in his REC video so I should be able to post better quality tracks very soon.

Ive been working on that section with the metronome trying to build up my speed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2012, 06:11 PM
Instructor
That sounds good. I don't know exactly your level so I will give you the links for the first 2 alternate picking lessons from my Intensive Technique Course.

LESSON #3 – RIGHT HAND / ALTERNATE PICKING
LESSON #4 - RIGHT HAND II / ALTERNATE PICKING & HANDS SYNCHRONIZATION

Work on those exercises to improve your Alternate Picking technique... if you want you can post videos here playing those exercises to let me give you some feedback. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 8 2012, 06:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 8 2012, 05:11 PM) *
That sounds good. I don't know exactly your level so I will give you the links for the first 2 alternate picking lessons from my Intensive Technique Course.

LESSON #3 – RIGHT HAND / ALTERNATE PICKING
LESSON #4 - RIGHT HAND II / ALTERNATE PICKING & HANDS SYNCHRONIZATION

Work on those exercises to improve your Alternate Picking technique... if you want you can post videos here playing those exercises to let me give you some feedback. wink.gif

Thanks Gab, I'll have a go at those, cheers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2012, 06:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 8 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Thanks Gab, I'll have a go at those, cheers.

Great! I'll wait for news! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 8 2012, 08:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
at the top of those PDFs in lesson 3 if has 'Moderate 120' so I guess the aim is to have 120 on the metronome?

hey Gab, Ive been trying to get better recording today and as a test I had a go at recording one of your Frusciante styles. I thought I'd post it up for you to have a quick listen.... please excuse the hiss, I didnt quite have the correct settings!

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/frusciante-style

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2012, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! That tempo isn't what I expect from you, it's just the default tempo. Try to play these ones the faster than you can without losing cleanness.

I listened to your recording. There is a hiss in the guitar tone as you said but other big problem is that every kick drum sounds over clipped, check out the backing track's volume to avoid that distorted sound. How did you record this?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 9 2012, 05:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
For the recording, I had my guitar straight in via the Mic and used Reaper as a DAW and amplitube for the guitar.
Im still getting used to the software but I thought I may just get a toneport / pod type of device.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2012, 06:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 9 2012, 01:57 PM) *
For the recording, I had my guitar straight in via the Mic and used Reaper as a DAW and amplitube for the guitar.
Im still getting used to the software but I thought I may just get a toneport / pod type of device.

mm yeah, the mic input isn't the best option for line guitar recording, you should have an instrument input or at least a line in to do it... also check out the general volume of the Reaper's project 'cause maybe that's the reason why the kick clips.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 20 2012, 02:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gab,
just a quick update. Ive been mostly working on the lessons from cosmin last week however Ive began on your alt picking exercises. I also got myself a line6 toneport ux1 so I am able to do much better recordings. I was wondering if you would like me to post up my recordings of your picking lessons?
I thought I would continue to work on them this week, get them as fast as I can and record it at the weekend for you to have a listen?
that might give you a better idea of my level and how I should proceed.

cheers dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2012, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 20 2012, 10:01 AM) *
Hi Gab,
just a quick update. Ive been mostly working on the lessons from cosmin last week however Ive began on your alt picking exercises. I also got myself a line6 toneport ux1 so I am able to do much better recordings. I was wondering if you would like me to post up my recordings of your picking lessons?
I thought I would continue to work on them this week, get them as fast as I can and record it at the weekend for you to have a listen?
that might give you a better idea of my level and how I should proceed.

cheers dude.

Hi mate! Thanks for the update! yes, always feel free to post here everything that you are working on and I'll give you my feedback. wink.gif

I'll wait for your takes!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 25 2012, 09:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabe,

I have some of those exercises recorded.

Exercise 1 - the open strings, I tried this this at 150bpm.
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/exercise1-150bpm

The 3 patterns were more difficult and I had to slow it right down, perhaps I need to slow it down even more! I found patterns 2 & 3 more difficult than pattern 1.
Pattern 1 - 120bpm
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/pattern1-120

Pattern 2 - 100 bpm
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/pattern2-100

Pattern 3 - 100bpm
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/pattern3-100

I'd be interested to hear how you think I should progress with the Alt Picking and also can I ask, If I have 1 hour per day practise time how much of this would you recommend I spend on alt picking exercises?

And finally wink.gif
I had a go at your satriani rock lesson over the weekend, excellent riff btw. I think I almost got it, maybe my next recording will be closer but here it is if you would like a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/sat-style-rock

thanks mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2012, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Great job here! smile.gif The alternate picking exercises sound good! The first one is just perfect, the other ones are also good but sometimes you loose a bit the timing. The next step for this would be to develop this exercises horizontally and vertically in any 3 notes per string scale.

Here you have an example on how to do it:

Attached File  AP_Exercises.gp5 ( 3.26K ) Number of downloads: 256

If you have 1 hour for practice, now that we are doing an intensive work on this technique I would use 30 minutes for this. The other half could be used for other techniques.

The Sat Style lesson is sounding good! but check some phrases that has a different timing compared to the original, and also some phrases that sound a bit out of timing. Also check the last lick that sounds a bit weird.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 26 2012, 07:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Gabe, I'll carry on with the AP stuff and try that new exercise. Hopefully get my timing improved.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 26 2012, 06:14 PM) *
The Sat Style lesson is sounding good! but check some phrases that has a different timing compared to the original, and also some phrases that sound a bit out of timing. Also check the last lick that sounds a bit weird.

Is it the last lick around the 36 second area that is the most weird?

I have noticed that somewhere between learning the notes slowly and then brining it up to speed I can sometimes change the phrasing of some lead parts unintentionally. I dont know if that is common for someone of my level but I have found some phrasing very difficult to copy even if I can technically play the part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2012, 07:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 26 2012, 03:52 PM) *
Thanks Gabe, I'll carry on with the AP stuff and try that new exercise. Hopefully get my timing improved.

Is it the last lick around the 36 second area that is the most weird?

I have noticed that somewhere between learning the notes slowly and then brining it up to speed I can sometimes change the phrasing of some lead parts unintentionally. I dont know if that is common for someone of my level but I have found some phrasing very difficult to copy even if I can technically play the part.

yes, I'm talking about the lick at 00:36. It's normal to have this timing problems what I recommend is to divide the solo in shorter parts and practice those parts first over me (the main video) and then over the backing. Try to incorporate the rhythm of each phrase and then connect everything.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 27 2012, 08:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 27 2012, 07:43 PM) *
yes, I'm talking about the lick at 00:36. It's normal to have this timing problems what I recommend is to divide the solo in shorter parts and practice those parts first over me (the main video) and then over the backing. Try to incorporate the rhythm of each phrase and then connect everything.

I'll do that, gabriel thanks dude.

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2012, 08:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 27 2012, 04:03 PM) *
I'll do that, gabriel thanks dude.

smile.gif

Excellent! Keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 27 2012, 11:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey hey biggrin.gif
Gab mate, apologies for the lack of updates. I did lose my momentum with the quest for speed a little bit. I had been struggling with the last exercises. I found them difficult to memorise ( my fingers kept playing the wrong patterns! ).
I tried a different pattern which I didnt need to think about playing, the idea that I could then fully concentrate on the speed. I should have asked your advice though, I will do that from now on when I get stuck!

Another problem I had was setting a realistic goal for this task. Im not sure what kind of progress is realistic or what I should aim for. I really dont know if I should expect an increase of 5bpm in a month or 5bpm in a year!

anyway, here is where I am at just now. This is a pattern I saw on one of Todds vids, it is 5-3-2 on the G and 5-3-2 on the D. then I just move up one fret. I go up to the 12th and then back down. ( I hope that makes sense! )

this is at 130BPM -
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alt-130

140 BPM
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alt-140

150BPM - I really start to lose it at this speed but thought it was useful to let you hear my attempt.
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alt-150

Over to you my friend, I am willing to do whatever you think is best.
Thanks mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:04 PM