7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Video Games Anyone?, Xbox? PS3? Wii? Name your poison!
Wyverex
Nov 13 2016, 09:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 11 2016, 06:50 PM) *
Very cool that you are developing mobile games smile.gif IMHO that is where the market is heading.

True but consoles are far from dying out. It's just a separate way of playing that becomes more attractive with better mobile hardware.

Mobile games can be freemium (free to get then pay to get add ons). Which is a production model that seems to work well for mobile games smile.gif

That's THE way to market any mobile game at the moment and will be in the near future. We do the same, basically every big player in the market does it. It took some getting used to, coming from pay-once games, but it just works so well on mobile. I don't have the current numbers but at least some years ago the largest percentage of players (>= 90%) weren't paying a single penny for freemium games. But you could comfortably live and grow from the rest because some of them spend an absurd amount of money in those games. Sometimes you are like "why do they do that?" but I won't complain because they pay for my job tongue.gif
One downside is that there is a huge amount of players spamming the forums with complaints about what the game should do, how shitty it is etc. etc. while not having paid anything for it. Players are getting used to take it for granted that games are just there for free and that they have some kind of right to dictate how it should behave. Everyone is welcome to share their opinions but sometimes it's really gross what those people demand.

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Nov 11 2016, 07:03 PM) *
Here is my last game, it took me 3 years (WAY TOO LONG) to make, but it's 100% my work done in my free time. It was definitely too ambitious,

Cool! I own no Apple devices so I will try to check it out on Monday with one of our company devices.
It's getting harder and harder to make a game on your own these days but apparently you did and that's a great feat! Being too ambitious is pretty normal, that's why most free-time projects fail. But (without having seen the game yet), since you didn't fail I'd say the ambition was just about right smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 13 2016, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
I hear ya! It's heading the same direction as music in a way, where folks sorta expect "free games", then they only start spending once they are "IN GAME" and need some upgrade to a weapon or something smile.gif Such is life eh? Still, it would be tough to listen to all the complaints when the game was free smile.gif

I recently rented TITAL FALL II as mentioned and CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE. I enjoyed the campaign on both! But I will NOT be keeping/buying either one. Once Titan fall goes down to $5 or something, I"ll pick it up like I did Titan 1. But I"m not paying 50 bux. that's why I rent games these days. So I can play through them and see if I want to buy them when they get cheap. For the price of a few pricey games, I could get a decent used guitar! So I'm a confirmed "renter" on PS4 games.

QUOTE (Wyverex @ Nov 13 2016, 04:30 AM) *
True but consoles are far from dying out. It's just a separate way of playing that becomes more attractive with better mobile hardware.

That's THE way to market any mobile game at the moment and will be in the near future. We do the same, basically every big player in the market does it. It took some getting used to, coming from pay-once games, but it just works so well on mobile. I don't have the current numbers but at least some years ago the largest percentage of players (>= 90%) weren't paying a single penny for freemium games. But you could comfortably live and grow from the rest because some of them spend an absurd amount of money in those games. Sometimes you are like "why do they do that?" but I won't complain because they pay for my job tongue.gif
One downside is that there is a huge amount of players spamming the forums with complaints about what the game should do, how shitty it is etc. etc. while not having paid anything for it. Players are getting used to take it for granted that games are just there for free and that they have some kind of right to dictate how it should behave. Everyone is welcome to share their opinions but sometimes it's really gross what those people demand.

Cool! I own no Apple devices so I will try to check it out on Monday with one of our company devices.
It's getting harder and harder to make a game on your own these days but apparently you did and that's a great feat! Being too ambitious is pretty normal, that's why most free-time projects fail. But (without having seen the game yet), since you didn't fail I'd say the ambition was just about right smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2016, 09:34 AM
Here is me playing through one of the Space Battle missions in the new COD. I did like the space bits smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 28 2016, 05:32 AM
Anyone else play BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT? I'm not a huge super hero game fan, but got started on this one and the moody/cinematic/dark vibe of the world is just darn cool smile.gif Ended up playing quite a bit of it. You can also play side missions as other charactes.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 9 2019, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 28 2016, 12:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Final Fantasy 15 tonight! Yay!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2016, 12:23 AM
I've never been a fan of any of the FF games, but I'll give the new one a try is there is a demo smile.gif They always felt a bit too Nintendo somehow, but that's just me. It's a legendary franchise so it's certainly got it's own value and a HUGE fan base.

I did really enjoy the INFINITE WARFARE campgaign in the recent Call of Duty release. Here is a vid direct from my PS4.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 28 2016, 07:01 AM) *
Final Fantasy 15 tonight! Yay!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Nov 29 2016, 03:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Both my Bassbreaker and Helix are mailed off for repairs right now, so I've been taking a bit of a guitar break. The VSTs just aren't as inspiring to play through. So... I finally got to revisit my Steam library and have started playing Legend of Grimrock. It's pretty awesome so far and it's the first game I've tried to use the Steam controller with, working pretty great. I try not to use the mouse too much when gaming because it makes my wrist sore. I also got this indie game, Enhanced Elections, last night because the concept was so great it's a really clever game too.

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Nov 30 2016, 03:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 29 2016, 03:17 PM
Been wanting to try Legend of Grimrock for a big while now, I used to play old D&D dungeon crawlers games, so ye! I really want to do it somewhere in the future.

But as if now I've been playing some Pillars of Eternity.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Nov 29 2016, 03:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 29 2016, 10:17 AM) *
Been wanting to try Legend of Grimrock for a big while now, I used to play old D&D dungeon crawlers games, so ye! I really want to do it somewhere in the future.

But as if now I've been playing some Pillars of Eternity.

I'm interested in Pillars of Eternity too, it just hasn't dropped to my <$10 price point (that I know of). I usually wait for the Steam sales and get stuff on the cheap. It's so much better coming from the PS3, the content on PC is virtually infinite. I just got Legend of Grimrock II from the Humble Bundle, you might want to check out the current sale, you can get it for as low as $1.00 TIS-100 and Infinifactory are awesome too, I love Zachtronics games though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2016, 06:21 AM
I'm a Mac guy so my gaming is done pretty much on the PS4. I usually try to rent the big titles as they come out smile.gif Usually they are just to pricey to buy, but red box let's you rent them for the weekend for 6 bux. This is a good example of cut scene and game play on the start of infinite warfare. The graphics really were amazing and there was emotional connection to the characters for once.

Also it's very easy to take screen grabs on PS4 and xbox, you just hit one button and it uploads it to youtube.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 1 2016, 10:39 PM
Damn, graphical wise the game looks amazing, but i am easy to impressed biggrin.gif, considering the fact i am still stuck in 2000-2008.
I am gonna be honest though. I have never played any CoD game tongue.gif.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2016, 08:36 AM
The graphics are amazing on PC or PS4/Xbox1. Here is some standard FPS play in COD infinite warfare. They manage to combine every type of combat you can think of from space battle to dog fight to fps /etc. It's a killer campgaign. Worth at least a rental smile.gif here is another vid fresh from the tap of my PS4. It's the entire ending sequence where our Hero meets his glorious end. Spoilers!

Peace to the fallen.

Todd

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 1 2016, 05:39 PM) *
Damn, graphical wise the game looks amazing, but i am easy to impressed biggrin.gif, considering the fact i am still stuck in 2000-2008.
I am gonna be honest though. I have never played any CoD game tongue.gif.

+Quote Post
Stenchovdeth
Dec 2 2016, 01:22 PM
Gday All,
I was always into PC Open World MilSims. I stopped playing COD after COD II.
Massive fan of Battlefield 2 through to Bf4 but havent played Bf1 yet and probably won't as I just don't have the time anymore.
I was very heavily (understatement) involved with ArmA II -ArmA III core platform and Mods for a long time.

ArmA II DayZ/Epoch:
I played this Mod for god knows how long and just thousands of hours. Myself and a small group of like-minded work mates at the time built a huge community and ran 4 servers in Australia.So much fun but hard work all the same.

ArmA III: When I think about it now I had a serious addiction to this particular game.I helped out (code building/scripting) in many communities with many mods using the A3 Engine.One of my favorite Mods was and still is "The Eridanus-Insurrection" a great multiplayer faction military simulator with some of the best ingame modelling that I have ever seen.
Good times laugh.gif

Added some old screenshots from IE

--------------------

HUMANITY IS TEMPORARY || STRUGGLE IS FOREVER

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2016, 11:39 PM
You might like the MAD MAX Game smile.gif IT's HUUUUUUGE and open world. I got drawn in and paid top dollar for the download. It's sooooo big in fact, I'm saving it for later when I have more time!

LAST OF THE V8S!!!!!

QUOTE (Stenchovdeth @ Dec 2 2016, 08:22 AM) *
Gday All,
I was always into PC Open World MilSims. I stopped playing COD after COD II.
Massive fan of Battlefield 2 through to Bf4 but havent played Bf1 yet and probably won't as I just don't have the time anymore.
I was very heavily (understatement) involved with ArmA II -ArmA III core platform and Mods for a long time.

ArmA II DayZ/Epoch:
I played this Mod for god knows how long and just thousands of hours. Myself and a small group of like-minded work mates at the time built a huge community and ran 4 servers in Australia.So much fun but hard work all the same.

ArmA III: When I think about it now I had a serious addiction to this particular game.I helped out (code building/scripting) in many communities with many mods using the A3 Engine.One of my favorite Mods was and still is "The Eridanus-Insurrection" a great multiplayer faction military simulator with some of the best ingame modelling that I have ever seen.
Good times laugh.gif

Added some old screenshots from IE

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2017, 03:06 AM
Anyone Playing BATTLEFIELD 1? It's a first person shooter based in world war I. I love it smile.gif The online mode is way fun.

MY GAMER TAG IS Ibanezrg7620 on the playstation network (Named after my fave 7 string of course)

Here is a recent game smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 25 2017, 03:19 AM
FINALLY!!!!

After much blood, sweat, and tears, I FINALLY beat the last boss level in BORDERLANDS THE PRE SEQUEL. This boss resurrects herself 3 times. Each one worse than the last. The battle is so long that one PS4 capture won't contain it all but here is the last 15 minutes of the non stop battle and the final cut scene. So you can skip to the end to see the cut scene smile.gif It sets up the Borderlands Story.

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 11 2017, 06:41 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Skyrim VR is out at the end of november. I may need to book a month off work / normal life. I cant wait to play it. I really got hooked on skyrim the first time round but a VR version could be even more epic. The scale and perspective in some VR games Ive played has been mind blowing, I imagine Tamriel in VR will be just as amazing. VR dragons? yup biggrin.gif
anyone else going to be playing it?

This post has been edited by bleez: Sep 11 2017, 06:50 AM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 11 2017, 04:18 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I just started playing Destiny 2 (Xbox) yesterday. I've been away from boardgames for nearly two years, but I guess it's time to play a bit. Also looking forward to CoD WW2.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2017, 04:34 PM
My brother is WAY in to destiny. I played the first one but didn't buy all the extra content. He got the full mega version of destiny 2 and has gotten sucked in to it in a big way. I'm going to try to stay away from it as it get's a bit overwhelming at times and I end up spending way to much time doing something entirely unproductive. Don't get me wrong, I love gaming, but I like to be able to put it down and unless it's "finished" it's hard to put down. I got in to Battle field 1 but refused to get all the expansions for that very reason. I try to rent games from REDBOX which is a kiosk game rental thing we have here in the states. That way I can't play it for more than a weekend as I take it back on monday after getting it friday.

This works much better or me than spending 50 bux on a game, then another 50 for all the season pass/etc. That's 100 bux worth of gear I could have had. So I try to just spend the 10 bux on renting a game for the weekend, get what I can out of it and then return it. I used to use gamefly.com which is a monthly rental thing but it's 30 bux a month and some months there are no games that I want. So I killed it and went to red box.

Not everybody has redbox though, so they have to self police which can be tough on games sometimes. I do plan on renting the new COD and the new BATTLE FRONT among others. A bunch of cool games come out near xmas every year smile.gif

Just be careful not to get sucked to far in!

QUOTE (Fran @ Sep 11 2017, 11:18 AM) *
I just started playing Destiny 2 (Xbox) yesterday. I've been away from boardgames for nearly two years, but I guess it's time to play a bit. Also looking forward to CoD WW2.

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 12 2017, 07:49 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'll try not to. I've been sucked by MMORPGs in the past, they are my nemesis laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 PM