> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Degroot’s Music For Speeding
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2012, 07:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 11 2012, 03:19 PM) *
Thanks man! I'm very pleased to hear this. smile.gif I think for the first time ever my finger tips are too sore to play guitar today.

I will give you some ideas on the stuff I'd like to work on next! Thanks again for the great feedback!

Ok! I'll wait for your ideas! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 12 2012, 06:11 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 11 2012, 06:26 PM) *
Ok! I'll wait for your ideas! smile.gif

I have been thinking about developing my tapping and sweep picking technique more. I normally only do single string tapping and could use some fresh ideas. I would like to develop runs into using more than one string. Here are some lessons I bookmarked. Well, let me know what you think and what suggestions you might add to this.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Neocla...n_Becker_Style/

My idea is to start with some advanced single string tapping and then build it from there.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Gilber...erts_Arpeggios/

Zsolt hasan excellent series of Gilbert techniques that are short and intense.

I recorded a lesson of yours last night that I'd like you to check out. smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/judas-priest-style-riffs

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2012, 02:32 AM
Instructor
Hi man! The Judas Priest lesson sounds excellent! I have nothing to comment about it.

Regarding arpeggios, tapping and sweeping... Michael Romeo approach is really cool because he plays arpeggios with the addition of tapping. Check this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Michael-Romeo-Tapping/

and for 8th fingers tapping check this instructor's lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructo...sander-Sukovic/

Regarding Sweep Picking... what do you need to work?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 13 2012, 05:05 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 13 2012, 01:32 AM) *
Hi man! The Judas Priest lesson sounds excellent! I have nothing to comment about it.

Regarding arpeggios, tapping and sweeping... Michael Romeo approach is really cool because he plays arpeggios with the addition of tapping. Check this lesson:

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 13 2012, 01:32 AM) *

Yes, this is perfect! I want learn this arppegio type tapping. I didn't know where to start cause most of the lessons start off very advanced. I can use the Sukovic lessons to learn the technique. I'll start learning the Romeo tapping lesson slowly too.

Regarding sweeping... I'm just going to be working on more advance lessons with it.... like some of the Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2012, 05:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 13 2012, 01:05 PM) *
Yes, this is perfect! I want learn this arppegio type tapping. I didn't know where to start cause most of the lessons start off very advanced. I can use the Sukovic lessons to learn the technique. I'll start learning the Romeo tapping lesson slowly too.

Regarding sweeping... I'm just going to be working on more advance lessons with it.... like some of the Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert etc.

That sounds perfect for me! Keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 21 2012, 08:06 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Ok, so here is 8-finger basics #1. My plan is to try and learn them all in order to get the basics of the technique solid and then move on to the more musical stuff. I have been putting about 20-30 minutes a day on this lesson. The hardest part is getting my pinky to have control with the tapping.

Here is the basics #1:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2012, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Very well done!! This lesson is sounding very good! I don't have any comment for this, just keep on practicing as you have been doing it and please keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 7 2012, 12:29 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hi Gab, It's been a while since I've updated. I have practiced and completed the #2 basics finger tapping. Its kinda self explanatory and similar to the last so I won't bother with that video. smile.gif I started Chowy's Michael Romeo tapping lesson yesterday. I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with the technique. Hopefully I'll post something here in a week even if it is at a slower speed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2012, 05:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 6 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Hi Gab, It's been a while since I've updated. I have practiced and completed the #2 basics finger tapping. Its kinda self explanatory and similar to the last so I won't bother with that video. smile.gif I started Chowy's Michael Romeo tapping lesson yesterday. I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with the technique. Hopefully I'll post something here in a week even if it is at a slower speed.

That sounds great! I will wait for your progress take. Thanks for the update! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 14 2012, 11:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2012, 04:00 AM) *
That sounds great! I will wait for your progress take. Thanks for the update! smile.gif

Hi Gab, I've been working on this one daily. Here is a take @ 130bpm. I know I have a long way to go but I figured I'd post at least something weekly. Besides, it always helps to make video of what I'm working on. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2012, 01:18 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the update! You are on the right track with this one... as you already know, it should sound sharper and tighter but that will come with more practice. I also think that recording weekly videos is a good way to see the evolution and also to keep you motivated. Keep on working hard! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 15 2012, 02:26 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Hi mate! Thanks for the update! You are on the right track with this one... as you already know, it should sound sharper and tighter but that will come with more practice. I also think that recording weekly videos is a good way to see the evolution and also to keep you motivated.

Thanks mate! I had meant to ask if you practice and use 8-finger tapping in your music?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2012, 03:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 14 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Thanks mate! I had meant to ask if you practice and use 8-finger tapping in your music?

not too much. I used to play midnight by Satriani, and I also practiced the Aleksander series from here, but I'm not very into this technique... It's not that I don't like it but for any reason I have never used it in a song.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 15 2012, 07:00 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Hi Gab,

I'm looking to improve my string bending accuracy. Do you have a suggestion for a cool string bending exercise or lesson to try out?

Thanks,
Joe

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2012, 07:19 AM
Instructor
Well, for bending practice the best exercise is what Satriani shows in this video:

Besides that, I would suggest to check Jonathan Burgos blues lessons. He has an amazing vibrato and bending technique that will surely inspire you to improve yours.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Jonathan-Burgos/

some suggested lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Gary_M...pired_Phrasing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stevie...pired_Phrasing/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 15 2012, 05:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 15 2012, 06:19 AM) *
Well, for bending practice the best exercise is what Satriani shows in this video:

Besides that, I would suggest to check Jonathan Burgos blues lessons. He has an amazing vibrato and bending technique that will surely inspire you to improve yours.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Jonathan-Burgos/

some suggested lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Gary_M...pired_Phrasing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stevie...pired_Phrasing/

I remember seeing this Satriani video a while ago but I forgot about it. Great tips for string bending. That is somewhat how I have been practicing bends the last couple days so looks like I'm on the right path.

Both lessons sound great! I'm going to start learning the SRV lesson. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2012, 08:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 15 2012, 01:25 PM) *
I remember seeing this Satriani video a while ago but I forgot about it. Great tips for string bending. That is somewhat how I have been practicing bends the last couple days so looks like I'm on the right path.

Both lessons sound great! I'm going to start learning the SRV lesson. smile.gif

Cool!! Keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 22 2012, 06:30 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hi Gabriel,

Here is a video of SRV phrasing lesson. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2012, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Degroot! that's a good take! Well done. There are some phrases that are played using slightly different rhythms so you could re-check with Jonathan's lesson. Your bends are ok, and your vibrato is better but it still more work to sound as cool as Jonathan plays the vibrato in this lesson. His vibrato is wider and the vibration goes more natural with the backing... check the original lesson and you'll notice what I mean...
keep on the good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 29 2012, 06:10 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 25 2012, 03:18 PM) *
Hi Degroot! that's a good take! Well done. There are some phrases that are played using slightly different rhythms so you could re-check with Jonathan's lesson. Your bends are ok, and your vibrato is better but it still more work to sound as cool as Jonathan plays the vibrato in this lesson. His vibrato is wider and the vibration goes more natural with the backing... check the original lesson and you'll notice what I mean...
keep on the good job! smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback! I hear what you mean. I think it will take some time to get my vibrato and bending as nice as Jonathan's. His sounds as good as SRV in this lesson. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:42 PM