My 1st Song With Drums
adam b
Apr 24 2008, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
This is my first song I have played with drums. Seeing if I stay in key and all that and if any ideas were good. Thanks for looking at it let me know what you think. I used a drum pattern off ozzy's song Behind The Wall Of Sleep.

I added the better version with rhythm now.
I am interested in what you think of the end of it, with the last pinch to the drums.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by adam b: Apr 24 2008, 09:22 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Behind_the_Wall_of_Sleep.mp3 ( 2.86MB ) Number of downloads: 296

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 24 2008, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Cool smile.gif
You play ok and clean enough, but your timing needs a bit of work. It's like your always ahead of the beat. Try to relax a bit more and follow the rhythm.

The songidea would have sounded ten times better if the guitars were more in synch with the drums.
If done right, this could turn into a proper song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 24 2008, 05:53 PM
Your pinches were great. Like Trond said, you need to work on rhythm.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 24 2008, 06:25 PM
I think you possibly need to manually set the track a bit back, from what i can hear you are playing tight enough, but its off beat so i would try after you record to drag the track file just a bit back.
I saw that your using acid pro.. what you can do is mark the track, then zoom in at the beginning, press F8 for no snapping and move it a little bit back.. jsut mess with it till it sounds right bascially.. other than that nice playing Adam smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
adam b
Apr 24 2008, 09:23 PM
thanks a lot you guys i really appreciate it. i dont really get how to set it back but i will. And i know that i am a little bit ahead on the rhythm ill work on

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 24 2008, 11:50 AM) *
Cool smile.gif
You play ok and clean enough, but your timing needs a bit of work. It's like your always ahead of the beat. Try to relax a bit more and follow the rhythm.

The songidea would have sounded ten times better if the guitars were more in synch with the drums.
If done right, this could turn into a proper song.

Hey I fixed the rhythm problem and it really does sound a lot better. Espcially with the 2nd solo beginning it sound like 10 times better really.

This post has been edited by adam b: Apr 24 2008, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 24 2008, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
It sounds better but the rythm is still not perefect

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 24 2008, 10:46 PM
Instructor
good start adam but be more carful for the timing .keep rockin

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 24 2008, 11:20 PM
sounds good, but watch the timing tho

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 25 2008, 11:28 AM
Instructor
It is off beat, you must first lay down drums, and then play over it thsoe riffs. Try to focus on the bass of the drum, so you can know where is the first beat.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 25 2008, 11:32 AM
Singing Instructor
Idea is cool,but as every body sad,timing is a bit of.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Apr 25 2008, 12:41 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Well done
Your Playing is clean ,Since it's your 1st song with drums timing is not a big matter.
EVerytime practise with the metronome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 26 2008, 04:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Nice ideas man , just watch out the timing ...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 01:39 PM