What Musical Uses Can I Give To This Tablet?
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2013, 01:16 AM
Instructor
Hello guys! My girlfriend's sister is going to bring us a Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1 from USA. I'm not sure what musical uses can I give to it... maybe using for composing? for playing and practicing guitar?

Do you have any similar one? What use would you give to it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2013, 01:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
I think there are lots of great apps out there now for tablets. I know Jordan Rudess uses quite a lot of them, so you should definitely check out his youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JCRUDESS

And here's a great song played on iPads (I don't know anything about tablets, so I don't know how compatible the different apps are on different tablets).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 9 2013, 07:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
You could get an Android audio interface (there's probably one) and use to do quick music recording, and store concepts smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2013, 08:54 AM
GMC:er
You can download all sorts of music related apps from the GOOGLE APP STORE on the device. As for Guitar stuff, you will need to get a interface that is compatible with that particular tablet if you want to use it as a guitar processor. You can get AMPKIT for android which is like AMPLITUDE.

http://peavey.com/products/recording/ampkitlink/

But you need recording interface to use it. Open the GOOGLE APP STORE on the tablet and search for GUITAR and you will see apps. However, the ANDROID platform has FAR fewer music production apps than the iPad sad.gif So your choices will be a tad limited. But it will give you a feel for it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 8 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Hello guys! My girlfriend's sister is going to bring us a Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1 from USA. I'm not sure what musical uses can I give to it... maybe using for composing? for playing and practicing guitar?

Do you have any similar one? What use would you give to it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2013, 12:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 8 2013, 09:25 PM) *
I think there are lots of great apps out there now for tablets. I know Jordan Rudess uses quite a lot of them, so you should definitely check out his youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JCRUDESS

And here's a great song played on iPads (I don't know anything about tablets, so I don't know how compatible the different apps are on different tablets).

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 9 2013, 03:42 AM) *
You could get an Android audio interface (there's probably one) and use to do quick music recording, and store concepts smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 9 2013, 04:54 AM) *
You can download all sorts of music related apps from the GOOGLE APP STORE on the device. As for Guitar stuff, you will need to get a interface that is compatible with that particular tablet if you want to use it as a guitar processor. You can get AMPKIT for android which is like AMPLITUDE.

http://peavey.com/products/recording/ampkitlink/

But you need recording interface to use it. Open the GOOGLE APP STORE on the tablet and search for GUITAR and you will see apps. However, the ANDROID platform has FAR fewer music production apps than the iPad sad.gif So your choices will be a tad limited. But it will give you a feel for it smile.gif

Todd

Lots of cool stuff guys! Thanks for the info, I'll start investigating these things to get the most of this new device. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 08:09 AM
Instructor
Hey Gabe! I was sure that Todd would definitely be the man to ask this to but I know something cool as well biggrin.gif

wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:36 PM