C# Mixolydian Riff - Easy To Play, Sounds Cool!
Jonas Tamas
Feb 14 2013, 11:26 PM
GMC:er
Here is one of my C# mixolydian riffs, written back in 2007 for teaching purposes. I've attached the mp3 for download, you'll find it at the bottom of this post.

Notice, how all the important notes in C# mixolydian appear already in the first bar: C# E# and B (1st, 3rd and 7th notes of the C# mixolydian scale, respectively). I'm using the 4th of the scale (F#) for resolving it to the 3rd. At bar 4, there are some cool "double-decker" power chords (see TAB).

This riff is a cool exercise for beginners too, so try it out, I hope you'll like it!

http://soundcloud.com/jonas-tamas-guitar/c-mixolydian-riff

Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  C__Mixolydian_riff.mp3 ( 458.78K ) Number of downloads: 117

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 15 2013, 04:29 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Very nice Jonas! such a positive and uplifting vibe, gotta love Mixo for that smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 15 2013, 02:27 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 15 2013, 04:29 AM) *
Very nice Jonas! such a positive and uplifting vibe, gotta love Mixo for that smile.gif

Thanks Rich! smile.gif

Yes, mixolydian is a very cool and powerful mode. However, it can have an exotic, eastern-type vibe as well. Here is my example for that: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47892

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:16 PM