Pod X3 Live, Need help.
Chokehold
Sep 1 2009, 03:54 PM
GMC:er
I got my POD today, and finished everything but one thing. I have no idea how I get the guitar sound to go through my speakers.

I am connected by USB and when I tried to record with Reaper it worked, except there was no sound, but I saw it get recorded. What should I do?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
MickeM
Sep 1 2009, 04:05 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
On the back of your X3 you're got Live Out, pull one cord to each monitor. Set the Output of the X3 to ...uhm... Studio/direct I think it's called.

QUOTE (Chokehold @ Sep 1 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I am connected by USB and when I tried to record with Reaper it worked, except there was no sound, but I saw it get recorded. What should I do?

I gets recorded through the USB

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Sep 1 2009, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Sep 1 2009, 03:54 PM) *
I got my POD today, and finished everything but one thing. I have no idea how I get the guitar sound to go through my speakers.

this is a problem with the settings in reaper or the soundcard. basically the computer is recognising the POD X3 as the soundcard. if you have external speakers you should plug them into the "Phones" output on the POD X3, if the speakers are internal then you have to find the option in reaper to change to the old soundcard... unfortunatly im not farmiliar with reaper so i cant help with that...
... the best idea would be to get some headphones to plug into the POD X3

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Sep 1 2009, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 1 2009, 05:05 PM) *
On the back of your X3 you're got Live Out, pull one cord to each monitor. Set the Output of the X3 to ...uhm... Studio/direct I think it's called.

I gets recorded through the USB

Cord?

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 1 2009, 04:13 PM
aha... it was about internal speakers?

I treat my X3 as a soundinterface. If you have the internal soundcard in use aswell you have to make the settings in Reaper Options->Audio to use X3 for recording and the internal soundcard for playback.
Might also have to make the audio settings in the control panel.

QUOTE (Chokehold @ Sep 1 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Cord?

Swe: Kabel. That was if you use monitors/speakers with 1/4"/XLR/RCA connectors.

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Sep 1 2009, 04:17 PM
I somehow got it to work, but now there is a delay and fuzzing instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 1 2009, 04:41 PM
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Sep 1 2009, 05:17 PM) *
I somehow got it to work, but now there is a delay and fuzzing instead.

The delay (latency) is because you should set ASIO drivers where it says "audio driver", in Reaper in the options->audio.

Fuzzing could be fluorocent light, electric cords running here and there and everywhere, home appliancies etc and getting picked up by something in your sound chain. Most common it's the guitars pickups that will cause the loudest fuzz

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Sep 1 2009, 05:12 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 1 2009, 05:41 PM) *
The delay (latency) is because you should set ASIO drivers where it says "audio driver", in Reaper in the options->audio.

Fuzzing could be fluorocent light, electric cords running here and there and everywhere, home appliancies etc and getting picked up by something in your sound chain. Most common it's the guitars pickups that will cause the loudest fuzz

Haven't found it yet but I haven't started to look for it either. smile.gif Will do now. And thanks a lot! Anything that can be done about the fuzzing then? My friend said that it can be because I'm recording through USB.

Fixed It now, but about the fuzzing, the "line" that you see when you record, is about 2-3 times bigger then it usually is, may this have to do with the fuzzing?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:47 PM