A New Best Friend And Trying To Play Some Gypsy-jazz
verciazghra
Oct 6 2018, 01:39 PM
GMC:er
Had this guitar for less than a week and I love it so much. So okay... it's not the best gypsy jazz guitar out there.. in fact... it may be pretty bad... But since I've never played one before I find it utterly wonderful to play this beast. The tone isn't all that great but it's extremely percussive, just as it should be!

If only my technique was a bit better. But I've only played gypsy jazz since this summer and haven't had enough time to practice.

Anyway, this is La Gitane which means "The Gypsy".

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 6 2018, 07:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
"If only my technique was a bit better" you will say that forever buddy. Satriani and Vai still say, even the mighty Govan says it.

Sounds good to me and congrats on the new guitar. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 7 2018, 08:33 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself. For someone who's never held a 'petite bouche gitane' in their hand before and doesn't play much jazz ... you're doin' alright.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 7 2018, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 8 2018, 06:51 AM
GMC Founder
Wow I got Django chills from this - very inspirational! I would love to have one myself!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2018, 03:57 PM
Instructor
That's so cool!! You are doing it very well!! Congrats on that amazing guitar. I would also like to have one! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2018, 07:20 PM
Very cool!!! I love how your style and your vids are always fresh and new. Each time I see one you've adopted a new style/technique/guitar/etc. Keep it up!!

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Oct 6 2018, 08:39 AM) *
Had this guitar for less than a week and I love it so much. So okay... it's not the best gypsy jazz guitar out there.. in fact... it may be pretty bad... But since I've never played one before I find it utterly wonderful to play this beast. The tone isn't all that great but it's extremely percussive, just as it should be!

If only my technique was a bit better. But I've only played gypsy jazz since this summer and haven't had enough time to practice.

Anyway, this is La Gitane which means "The Gypsy".

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Oct 11 2018, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 6 2018, 06:28 PM) *
"If only my technique was a bit better" you will say that forever buddy. Satriani and Vai still say, even the mighty Govan says it.

Sounds good to me and congrats on the new guitar. smile.gif

Thank you phil. I guess you're right.
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 7 2018, 07:33 PM) *
Don't be so hard on yourself. For someone who's never held a 'petite bouche gitane' in their hand before and doesn't play much jazz ... you're doin' alright.

Thanks Ken! I'm working on it! albiet slowly... smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 8 2018, 05:51 AM) *
Wow I got Django chills from this - very inspirational! I would love to have one myself!

You should get one! They're so much fun, for some reason they're easier to play than an electric guitar! Very shreddy-delic.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 10 2018, 02:57 PM) *
That's so cool!! You are doing it very well!! Congrats on that amazing guitar. I would also like to have one! biggrin.gif

Thanks Gabe! And you should also get one they're very fun to play! It's the "tuned drum" version of a guitar. Very percussive and rhythmic. So neat.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 10 2018, 06:20 PM) *
Very cool!!! I love how your style and your vids are always fresh and new. Each time I see one you've adopted a new style/technique/guitar/etc. Keep it up!!

Hehe yeah, just shows you how much of a scatterbrain I am! I might have some ADD smile.gif
Thanks dude!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:45 PM