Well Now I've Done It...
rokchik
Nov 8 2009, 10:22 PM
The Dark Canuck
Ok so while I was on vacation last month I picked up a really good set of knives as I love to cook and the knives I had were not so great... I bet you can guess where this is going smile.gif I was making supper this evening and while I was chopping up some vegetables I accidently chopped the tip of my finger pretty much off ohmy.gif Yep it was just hanging there... gross I know sorry. I even managed to cut part of the nail off too.

After the initial shock, I wrapped my finger up the best I could, got my boyfriend and we headed to the hospital. Good news is I didn't damage any nerves or ligaments, just a nice clean cut. Bad news is I now have 6 stitches on the ring finger of my fretting hand and can't play guitar for about 2 weeks when the stitches come out sad.gif Plus it hurts like a... well you know.

I miss my old crappy knives.... smile.gif and I'm still hungry as haven't got supper yet LOL!!! I think take out is in order.

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Staffy
Nov 8 2009, 10:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Aaaooowww, sounds terrible..!! A nightmare! But at least You will heal again and that's the most important! smile.gif

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 8 2009, 10:34 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 8 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Aaaooowww, sounds terrible..!! A nightmare! But at least You will heal again and that's the most important! smile.gif

//Staffay

Yeah it was a pretty big aaaaooowww!! Actually it really hurts a lot right now. My whole hand is throbbing. I'm such a klutz LOL!!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2009, 10:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
OUCH! I can't imagine how painful that aftermath must be with all the sensitive nerves in the fingers.

That will never happen to me, not saying I'm a great chef, I'm simply just not trusted in the kitchen.

Get well SOON Iommi... hep.. Rok.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 8 2009, 11:12 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not nice Rok ohmy.gif - hope it heals fully and quickly.

I suppose if you're going to sever part of your finger off it's probably better to do it with a good knife and make a clean sharp cut...

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 8 2009, 11:12 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 8 2009, 05:43 PM) *
OUCH! I can't imagine how painful that aftermath must be with all the sensitive nerves in the fingers.

That will never happen to me, not saying I'm a great chef, I'm simply just not trusted in the kitchen.

Get well SOON Iommi... hep.. Rok.

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be trusted in the kitchen either laugh.gif

Yeah it's pretty painful. Especially now that the stuff they used to deaden my finger for the stitches is wearing off. And I don't do very well with pain.

But it could have been worse so I'm thankful it's only gonna be a couple of weeks of healing and my finger is still in one piece (Kinda).

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Nov 8 2009, 11:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds painful

hope everything will heal soon and will work out well.

I have cut my left hand two times:
once at a machine at butcher store during cleaning unfortumally i cut my finger. That was my first finger I had 8 stitches and it hurted so much
and once with a stanley knife at the back of my left hand 7 stitches

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Sondre
Nov 9 2009, 12:03 AM
GMC:er
you are such a dork. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 9 2009, 12:59 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks like take out for sure! tongue.gif Heal quickly rok, those fast food combo's get old fast! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 9 2009, 01:02 AM
Something similar happened to me while ago, but, with the special add that it was 2 days before a gig!!. I didn't know what to do!!. I support the pain and finnally played with all the finger cutted!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 9 2009, 01:09 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sorry to hear about this sad.gif Hope you'll have a fast healing and recovery...I stay away from any knives because of this... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 9 2009, 04:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Ouch! I find myself more worried about damaging my hands and fingers the longer I play guitar. I did smash a finger in a swing set I was moving last spring which put me out of practicing for about a week.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 9 2009, 05:54 AM
oh wow! now i know im never buying those japanese sushi knives!

i hope you have a speedy recovery!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 9 2009, 01:27 PM
I trained as a Chef and can fully empathise Rok!!!
I wish you a speedy recovery!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 9 2009, 01:39 PM
It beats losing a finger ! biggrin.gif

Get better soon!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 9 2009, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Time for some gypsy jazz now! smile.gif

I wish you a fast recovery wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Nov 9 2009, 05:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Ouch Rok hope it heals fast smile.gif sending happy healing thoughts across the Atlantic. smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
dusty
Nov 9 2009, 07:38 PM
feeling your pain, reading this made me remember when i sliced the same finger on my fretting hand on a broken wine glass.
hope you recover quickly

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 10:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Nov 8 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Ok so while I was on vacation last month I picked up a really good set of knives as I love to cook and the knives I had were not so great... I bet you can guess where this is going smile.gif I was making supper this evening and while I was chopping up some vegetables I accidently chopped the tip of my finger pretty much off ohmy.gif Yep it was just hanging there... gross I know sorry. I even managed to cut part of the nail off too.

After the initial shock, I wrapped my finger up the best I could, got my boyfriend and we headed to the hospital. Good news is I didn't damage any nerves or ligaments, just a nice clean cut. Bad news is I now have 6 stitches on the ring finger of my fretting hand and can't play guitar for about 2 weeks when the stitches come out sad.gif Plus it hurts like a... well you know.

I miss my old crappy knives.... smile.gif and I'm still hungry as haven't got supper yet LOL!!! I think take out is in order.

rok

It happened to me once too! I was trying to open one of these big water containers. I had the brilliant idea of using a knife to take the plastic off. I cut my finger really good and started bleeding a lot. I´m looking at the scar right now. Fortunately, nothing too bad happened and I´m able to play. I thank God for that everyday.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 9 2009, 11:13 PM
The Dark Canuck
Thanks everyone for the well wishes smile.gif

I am still in a fair amount of pain... although I think the throbbing is the most annoying. But I changed the bandage today and cleaned it up a bit. Doesn't look too bad and actually shouldn't have much of a scar. It will be interesting to see how my nail grows back though LOL!!!

Well off to brush up on some theory smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:12 AM