Browsing Lessons
Darfuria
Apr 13 2008, 02:17 AM
GMC:er
I really hate the whole AJAX thing going on with the pagination of the lessons archive. Not only is it slow, but when you click to go to the next page you start at the bottom because the query isn't reloading the page. It would be quicker, and no doubt use less bandwidth to just change the SQL query to skip # videos on the pagination for every page after one. It's basic PHP.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Apr 13 2008, 02:42 AM
This site is very swift for me, what kind of internet connection do you have? I also don't have any of those complications, what browser are you using?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Apr 13 2008, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (Darfuria @ Apr 12 2008, 06:17 PM) *
I really hate the whole AJAX thing going on with the pagination of the lessons archive. Not only is it slow, but when you click to go to the next page you start at the bottom because the query isn't reloading the page. It would be quicker, and no doubt use less bandwidth to just change the SQL query to skip # videos on the pagination for every page after one. It's basic PHP.

I agree, that bugs me too.
I had a chuckle while reading your post though; I work in the software industry so I understand what you mean,
but I'm imagining that most people are reading this with a confused look on their face wondering
"wtf is this guy talking about?" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Apr 13 2008, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Apr 13 2008, 01:42 AM) *
This site is very swift for me, what kind of internet connection do you have? I also don't have any of those complications, what browser are you using?

On an unshared 16Mb connection, using the latest version of Firefox.

QUOTE (ActiveX @ Apr 13 2008, 01:47 AM) *
I agree, that bugs me too.
I had a chuckle while reading your post though; I work in the software industry so I understand what you mean,
but I'm imagining that most people are reading this with a confused look on their face wondering
"wtf is this guy talking about?" laugh.gif

Aye, watch everyone back away from the geek. "AJAX WHAT!?"

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 13 2008, 12:48 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Darfuria @ Apr 12 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Aye, watch everyone back away from the geek. "AJAX WHAT!?"

You'd be surprised - about 50% of the people on here work in IT ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:42 PM