20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Ulrik
Jul 14 2011, 09:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I don't think the take is ok at all yet.
I'll do another take this weekend.

I'm working more than full time right now (40 hours+),
so unfortunately I'm not really as productive here as I want to be.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2011, 11:49 PM
GMC:er
I was really impressed by your take actually, but if you can do even better then woohooo! Glad to have it smile.gif So take your time and hit us up next week if you got a new take to share. I think you are underestimating your voice a bit here. Do you sing for your band?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 16 2011, 02:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 15 2011, 12:49 AM) *
I think you are underestimating your voice a bit here. Do you sing for your band?

It's just that it sounds different than intended when I convert to mp3 i think.
All the rest of the song is of high quality, so I don't want to ruin it.

All I sing for now is GMC virtual bands. I hope to do some clean vocals next.

Here is a take for the chorus with just vocals
I think 2nd chorus is better than the 1st, maybe we should just use that twice?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2011, 06:34 PM
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 16 2011, 08:35 AM) *
It's just that it sounds different than intended when I convert to mp3 i think.
All the rest of the song is of high quality, so I don't want to ruin it.

All I sing for now is GMC virtual bands. I hope to do some clean vocals next.

Here is a take for the chorus with just vocals

Great! Thanks for all your work on the vocals!

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 18 2011, 06:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Sorry i haven't been active for 5-6 days because i went a trip smile.gif I'm back on track now smile.gif By the way Todd, did you sync the vocals of Temporal Narcosis?

Cheers,
Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 20 2011, 07:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 16 2011, 01:35 PM) *

Yeah, that would be great smile.gif And you can copy/paste the takes you love most into one single vocal track and upload it here, so that Todd can make the final mix smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2011, 11:47 PM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jul 20 2011, 01:01 PM) *
Yeah, that would be great smile.gif And you can copy/paste the takes you love most into one single vocal track and upload it here, so that Todd can make the final mix smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan,

I have not had a chance to do another mix yet but I will make time this weekend. I'd like to do both songs at once so I can try to get their levels and such similar. My spiffy SSL plugins have gone past their demo date and have stopped working which is a bit lame so I'm going to have to switch to something else for drums plugins. But not to worry, there are other fish in the sea smile.gif

The SSL plugins are top notch and I looked at getting the bundle (which is $1500 U.S.) for our mixes and such. But it's priced a bit crazy just now. Maybe they will have a big sale at some point smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 22 2011, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
AP vocals clean.

Put some cool echo on "Paradox"
and just do whatever with the rest

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2011, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 22 2011, 10:45 AM) *
AP vocals clean.

Will do smile.gif Thanks for the take!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 23 2011, 06:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 22 2011, 02:45 PM) *
AP vocals clean.

Awesome! smile.gif Then this song just needs a final mix biggrin.gif By the way Todd, can you send me the latest project file of the Temporal Narcosis? As far as i know you finished mixing it and it just needs a small syncing smile.gif I can do that while you are mixing Ascension smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2011, 09:00 AM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jul 23 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Awesome! smile.gif Then this song just needs a final mix biggrin.gif By the way Todd, can you send me the latest project file of the Temporal Narcosis? As far as i know you finished mixing it and it just needs a small syncing smile.gif I can do that while you are mixing Ascension smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan,

Here is a new mix of Temporal Narcosis with the SSL plugins replaced with native plugins from Reaper. Also, I"ll include the project file and consolidated audio files. When you open it up, hit IGNORE ALL MISSING FILES, as the missings ones aren't needed. Also, you may not have ll the plugins I'm using so just hit OK when it gives you a list of them that are not present.

Feel free to move things around, tweak, etc. I think maybe the vocals need some low/bottom frequencies trimmed as they are a bit boomy with the VOICE OF DEATH plugin on them. Have a go and see what you can do with the mix. Then repost the reaper file and I"ll grab it.

July 23 Mix
Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_July3mix2.mp3 ( 5.12MB ) Number of downloads: 128

Reaper Project Consolidated
Attached File  Narcosis_July23_Consolidated.zip ( 22.12MB ) Number of downloads: 94

I wouldn't call this a final mix. I've had to bring down the levels on pretty much everything in order to hear the vocals. The level on the vocals was really, really low and if I bring it up much more the noise it creates is massive as I'm bringing up the "Noise Floor" when I push the gain. I"m hoping to get some more level back with some more tweaking on the Vocals. But the mix/preview will work as a temp, let me know if you hear any more synch issues.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 24 2011, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 25 2011, 10:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 24 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Here is a new mix of Temporal Narcosis with the SSL plugins replaced with native plugins from Reaper. Also, I"ll include the project file and consolidated audio files. When you open it up, hit IGNORE ALL MISSING FILES, as the missings ones aren't needed. Also, you may not have ll the plugins I'm using so just hit OK when it gives you a list of them that are not present.

Feel free to move things around, tweak, etc. I think maybe the vocals need some low/bottom frequencies trimmed as they are a bit boomy with the VOICE OF DEATH plugin on them. Have a go and see what you can do with the mix. Then repost the reaper file and I"ll grab it.

July 23 Mix
Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_July3mix2.mp3 ( 5.12MB ) Number of downloads: 128

Reaper Project Consolidated
Attached File  Narcosis_July23_Consolidated.zip ( 22.12MB ) Number of downloads: 94

I wouldn't call this a final mix. I've had to bring down the levels on pretty much everything in order to hear the vocals. The level on the vocals was really, really low and if I bring it up much more the noise it creates is massive as I'm bringing up the "Noise Floor" when I push the gain. I"m hoping to get some more level back with some more tweaking on the Vocals. But the mix/preview will work as a temp, let me know if you hear any more synch issues.

Awesome! Thanks Todd smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 25 2011, 02:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here is the project file with synced vocals. I just copied the track in channel 11 and pasted to channel 12. So vocal tracks are now synced. After the final mix this song will be ready biggrin.gif

Cheers!
Dogukan,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TemporalNarcosisJuly25.rar ( 9.87K ) Number of downloads: 85

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 27 2011, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
What is going on with that ascension paradox, can't wait to hear the finished version!

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 30 2011, 05:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 27 2011, 03:47 PM) *
What is going on with that ascension paradox, can't wait to hear the finished version!

Hey man,

Todd said he's working on the final mixes of both songs right now smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2011, 06:59 AM
Hey guys! Finally got some time to Mix after today's Chat Session. Here is the new mix for TEMPORAL NARCOSIS with Vocals.

Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_FinalMIx1July30.mp3 ( 5.09MB ) Number of downloads: 144

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 31 2011, 03:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 31 2011, 05:59 AM) *
Hey guys! Finally got some time to Mix after today's Chat Session. Here is the new mix for TEMPORAL NARCOSIS with Vocals.

Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_FinalMIx1July30.mp3 ( 5.09MB ) Number of downloads: 144

Awesome! I like it biggrin.gif Is this gonna be the final mix or will you make any changes? If it is final mix, you can make the final mix of our Ascension Paradox and we can move on to song 3, yeey! biggrin.gif I've got some riff ideas and lyrics already biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2011, 09:02 AM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jul 31 2011, 10:01 AM) *
Awesome! I like it biggrin.gif Is this gonna be the final mix or will you make any changes? If it is final mix, you can make the final mix of our Ascension Paradox and we can move on to song 3, yeey! biggrin.gif I've got some riff ideas and lyrics already biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan,

I'm thinking this a final mix but I did notice there is this HUGE gap at the end of the song where there are no more lyrics and no guitar solo, just more loops of the rythm which seems really odd in terms of song contstruction. I think I'm going to try to put a solo there and wrap this one.

I"m also planning on doing the final on ascension as soon as possible but there's not reason anybody has to wait on that in order to move forward. If you've got more ideas I say start tracking! smile.gif

I sort of played all the guitars/bass and did all the recording/mixing on the first two to get us going but I"m really hoping you guys have learned a bit along the way and can use these first two as reference in terms of overall quality and try to make tracks that are actually better than what I did on the first one. You guys are already writing all the material and arranging all the material. All that remains is tracking/mixing/mastering. It's a challenge I know but learning and growing is the whole point. I'm going to try to "produce" the next one instead of play/mix the whole thing. I'm really stoked to hear how the the new stuff will turn out!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Aug 4 2011, 03:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 3 2011, 08:02 AM) *
I'm thinking this a final mix but I did notice there is this HUGE gap at the end of the song where there are no more lyrics and no guitar solo, just more loops of the rythm which seems really odd in terms of song contstruction. I think I'm going to try to put a solo there and wrap this one.

I"m also planning on doing the final on ascension as soon as possible but there's not reason anybody has to wait on that in order to move forward. If you've got more ideas I say start tracking! smile.gif

I sort of played all the guitars/bass and did all the recording/mixing on the first two to get us going but I"m really hoping you guys have learned a bit along the way and can use these first two as reference in terms of overall quality and try to make tracks that are actually better than what I did on the first one. You guys are already writing all the material and arranging all the material. All that remains is tracking/mixing/mastering. It's a challenge I know but learning and growing is the whole point. I'm going to try to "produce" the next one instead of play/mix the whole thing. I'm really stoked to hear how the the new stuff will turn out!

Awesome biggrin.gif I'll post some new stuff soon smile.gif Can't wait to listen the final mixes smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 24 2011, 06:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
How are you all doing. Anything new on the latest track mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:01 PM